Who Is To Blame For The Star Wars Fiasco?

kskboys

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I found little that was worthy of remembering after the first 3. I've never felt inclined to watch them again. The original Star Wars I've seen many many times, and still watch it sometimes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In all seriousness, I found little that was worthy of remembering after the first 3. I've never felt inclined to watch them again. The original Star Wars I've seen many many times, and still watch it sometimes.
They're all about the same to me. The first one brings back memories of seeing it when it first came out, and how amazing and big it seemed at the time, but other than that, they're all just background viewing.....except I always pay closer attention when Natalie Portman get's her clothes torn, on top of the pillar.

nobody

Reaction score
You mean a guy, who was barely removed from being in waste management, wielding a lightsaber versus Lady Brienne of Tarth, uh, I mean Captain Phasma and her sparkly staff stick?

Okay. I will acknowledge that was a worse example. Way worse in fact but is that example an actual lightsaber duel between two Force sensitives? Those are lightsaber duels I was referring.

Or how lightsabers in the new movies hardly even damage people but cut through solid rock with ease?

cml750

Reaction score
You mean a guy, who was barely removed from being in waste management, wielding a lightsaber versus Lady Brienne of Tarth, uh, I mean Captain Phasma and her sparkly staff stick?

Okay. I will acknowledge that was a worse example. Way worse in fact but is that example an actual lightsaber duel between two Force sensitives? Those are lightsaber duels I was referring.
So by extrapolation we now know Finn can beat the Hound in a sword fight. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm including this article for the purposes of added speculation and conversation:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...-the-rise-of-skywalker-raises-major-questions
If Palpatine is still 'alive' and 'all-knowing' as a Force Ghost, I wonder why he did not tell Snoke where Luke was hiding?

A short ramble...

I have been a ridiculously huge fan of DICE's Star Wars: Battlefront I & II video games. The current game's story mode introduces a new character named Iden Versio. The story mode is based on Palpatine's final orders called Operation:Cinder. Palpatine delivers his orders 'in person' AFTER his death in the form of a holographic humanoid droid (see video below). Maybe Palpatine's re-introduction in the film franchise will follow a similar path.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Palpatine is still 'alive' and 'all-knowing' as a Force Ghost, I wonder why he did not tell Snoke where Luke was hiding?

A short ramble...

I have been a ridiculously huge fan of DICE's Star Wars: Battlefront I & II video games. The current game's story mode introduces a new character named Iden Versio. The story mode is based on Palpatine's final orders called Operation:Cinder. Palpatine delivers his orders 'in person' AFTER his death in the form of a holographic humanoid droid (see video below). Maybe Palpatine's re-introduction in the film franchise will follow a similar path.

No video here...or is "A network change was detected" indicative of a problem at this end?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've never seen force ghosts as anything other than those passed on to the next life being able to communicate with the living, and giving advice. Nothing more.

A short ramble...

I own that game too, it started off as a great storyline and then I felt it petered out. And while I loved that he was included there, I think that what worked for the video game would be a disappointment in a film.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've never seen force ghosts as anything other than those passed on to the next life being able to communicate with the living, and giving advice. Nothing more.

I own that game too, it started off as a great storyline and then I felt it petered out. And while I loved that he was included there, I think that what worked for the video game would be a disappointment in a film.
Didn't Obi Wan tell Vader, "If you kill me, I'll become more powerful than you can ever imagine."?......Yeah, what ever happened to that?
:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was mostly joking but have often wondered why Force Ghosts, unbound to physical restraints and empowered by the ability to sense people and events beyond normal means, were not more powerful in certain aspects.
Well, the current films, and TLJ in particular, have disappointed audience members. What would one more disappointment matter? :p

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't Obi Wan tell Vader, "If you kill me, I'll become more powerful than you can ever imagine."?......Yeah, what ever happened to that?

Hollow threat for sure. And Vader didn't buy it for a second!

About as hollow as all that talk about how "powerful with the Force" Anakin Skywalker was always supposed to be. That never happened either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was mostly joking but have often wondered why Force Ghosts, unbound to physical restraints and empowered by the ability to sense people and events beyond normal means, were not more powerful in certain aspects.

I never got that sense from anything in the films.

Well, the current films, and TLJ in particular, have disappointed audience members. What would one more disappointment matter? :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hollow threat for sure. And Vader didn't buy it for a second!

About as hollow as all that talk about how "powerful with the Force" Anakin Skywalker was always supposed to be. That never happened either.
I don't know, as Darth Vader, he was pretty powerful...Granted, the way Qui Gonn was talking, you'd think he was gonna be a demigod.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know, as Darth Vader, he was pretty powerful...Granted, the way Qui Gonn was talking, you'd think he was gonna be a demigod.

Compared to the heavy hitters with the force lightning like Yoda and Sidious? Anakin was a lightweight. A bunch of talk and unrealized expectations. Heck even Count Dooku had more power with the force than Anakin.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always saw it was Qui-Gon metaphorically describing Anakin's influence over the Republic as a wielder of the Force. He and Palpatine did a real number on the Republic but not in the way Qui-Gon had envisioned. JMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always saw it was Qui-Gon metaphorically describing Anakin's influence over the Republic as a wielder of the Force. He and Palpatine did a real number on the Republic but not in the way Qui-Gon had envisioned. JMO.

Even Palpatine/Sidious talked about "how strong he was with the Force" as if it somehow surpassed themselves. That never came to fruition in his arc. Maybe it had something to do with losing two thirds of his body in that lightsaber duel? But whatever the reason, he never showed this "power" that everyone talked about.

Side note/crazy theory:

Maybe the reason why an otherwise ruthless murderer like Darth Sidious kept Anakin around and didn't simply throw him into the lava and move on was because Palatine actually is Anakin's "father" in the sense of influencing the Force (Midichlorians) to create his life in the first place? It's the best reasoning that I could come up with for why a treacherous and disloyal Sith lord would suddenly show mercy and take pity on him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even Palpatine/Sidious talked about "how strong he was with the Force" as if it somehow surpassed themselves. That never came to fruition in his arc. Maybe it had something to do with losing two thirds of his body in that lightsaber duel? But whatever the reason, he never showed this "power" that everyone talked about.

Side note/crazy theory:

Maybe the reason why an otherwise ruthless murderer like Darth Sidious kept Anakin around and didn't simply throw him into the lava and move on was because Palatine actually is Anakin's "father" in the sense of influencing the Force (Midichlorians) to create his life in the first place? It's the best reasoning that I could come up with for why a treacherous and disloyal Sith lord would suddenly show mercy and take pity on him.
Interesting theory but I have always considered Palpatine stashed the most powerful available Sith at his side with Vader until he came across someone who he gauged as a more powerful replacement. After all, he was perfectly content on upgrading from Vader with Luke until he realized Luke could not be turned. He ditched Dooku aside easily when Anakin had the Count in a lightsaber guillotine. Seemed like a pattern of his to me that did not necessarily depend upon any form of compassion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting theory but I have always considered Palpatine stashed the most powerful available Sith at his side with Vader until he came across someone who he gauged as a more powerful replacement. After all, he was perfectly content on upgrading from Vader with Luke until he realized Luke could not be turned. He ditched Dooku aside easily when Anakin had the Count in a lightsaber guillotine. Seemed like a pattern of his to me that did not necessarily depend upon any form of compassion.

And the compassion that he showed for the defeated and helpless Anakin Skywalker felt out of character for the ruthlessness he has shown in so many other situations. Add in the belief that he was in fact Darth Plageus' treacherous, murdering apprentice, and he shows loyalty to no one.

Maybe it was like you said, and as far as Palpatine knew, with all the Jedi dead, this was the only other Force-sensitive being available to him (or so he believed)?

Essentially settling for "better than nothing".