Who would be happy or upset if Trey Lance lights it up in pre-season?

Nav22

Reaction score
Right, because @Nav22 claims he met "multiple" (which could be as few as 2) people who allegedly used colorful slurs about Quincy Carter 20 ish years ago, that means there are a decent amount of people on this forum who are want to move on from Dak for no other reason than his pigmentation.

Got it.

Oh, and don't forget, he also "heard" that "some fans" would yell slurs at Quincy after Interceptions.
So basically, on the undocumented, anecdotal word of a recognized forum provocateur about alleged incidents involving a garbage QB from 2 decades ago, we're supposed to believe that a decent amount of the backlash against Dak in 2024 is based on nothing more than a bias against half of his DNA.

And if I don't accept that and succumb to Nav's whims, I'm "slow" and "keeping my head in the sand".

Sounds like a great closing argument in a courtroom. :laugh:
I'm not trying to prove anything to a dolt like you.

Don't flatter yourself, Slow Guy. Believe whatever you want.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I'm not trying to prove anything to a dolt like you.

Don't flatter yourself, Slow Guy. Believe whatever you want.
A QB who hasn't eclipsed 90 yards passing by halftime in 4 of his last 5 playoff starts gets blowback from the fanbase, and your primary explanation is, "must be his skin pigmentation that's setting them off."

Meanwhile, anyone who questions this brilliant theory is a "dolt".

That's truly embarrassing for you. :muttley:

Xeven

Reaction score
I do not think he is the guy either. Other rookies that become the “guy” already out there. If Trey was the guy we would be seeing him. We are developing a backup QB in him and that is it I think. At most he will be good QB like Dak and not a difference maker.

Hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

tromofan

Reaction score
If there is one thing that Dak has proven since he has been in the league is that he needs a quality backup that pushes him for the starter job when he struggles more so than Cooper Rush does. That said, I would be pleasantly surprised if Trey was that guy.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Trey Lance miraculously comes out next year and light things up playing better than Dak we will have a QB controversy. But I think they will start Dak. And it would take a miracle for this to happen.

Lance is actually a great argument against those saying we should just cut Dak and draft a QB in the first round. Lance is a 1st round QB and he is on his second team already.

People criticizing Dak are just expecting too much out of him. He will never be Patrick Mahomes. But the Cowboys are unlikely to draft a QB in any round of the draft who is Patrick Mahomes. He is a generational player. He was also one of 3 QBs taken in the first round. The other two were Mitch Trubisky and DeSean Watson.

The next year Josh Allen was taken in the first round. Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold were both taken before Allen. Josh Rosen was taken a few picks after Allen. FACT: Most 1st round QBs are failures - worse than Dak by far. Those who say, just get rid of Dakand draft a QB in the first round say it as though it is a guaranteed path to success, as if no other team has tried that. The Giants cut Eli Manning at the end of his career and drafted a QB in the first round. He even got a great nickname, Danny Dimes. How good are the Giants even with arguably the best RB in the league? Who would take Danny Dimes over Dak Prescott?

The choice is Dak or the abyss of not having a QB. We've been there after Aikman retired.

The problem with the Cowboys is not Dak. It is with the front office.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Trey Lance lights it up in OTAs and pre-season. Outplays Dak and takes the starting job. Gets us to the NFCCG.
Who would be happy and who would be upset?

I'm sure a bunch of Dak fans will say its not possible, that's not the question,
we can pull a Wentz/Foles switcheroo, let Dak get us to the playoffs and put Lance in before Daks meltdown.
Everyone gets a ring, everyone is happy. :flagwave:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I want the quarterback that gives this team the best chance to win now and long term.

The answer to the "now" part, at least for now, is Dak.

If Lance is the long term answer I can't see how any Cowboys fan would be upset about it. Players come and go, the star is forever to me.

Nav22

Reaction score
A QB who hasn't eclipsed 90 yards passing by halftime in 4 of his last 5 playoff starts gets blowback from the fanbase, and your primary explanation is, "must be his skin pigmentation that's setting them off."

What's embarrassing is you being such a brain-dead dolt that you leave out qualifiers like "those losers are in the minority."

It's like arguing with a 5-year-old. Uneducated and incapable of rational thought.

"DURRRR BUT IF WE WUZ IN COURT YOU WOULDN'T WIN DA CASE!"

CCBoy

Reaction score

You know no more concerning race in sport beyond a self made convenience. Who were Karl Douglas and Sic Blanks. No, they weren't left dry by Jerry Jones.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What's embarrassing is you being such a brain-dead dolt that you leave out qualifiers like "those losers are in the minority."

It's like arguing with a 5-year-old. Uneducated and incapable of rational thought.

"DURRRR BUT IF WE WUZ IN COURT YOU WOULDN'T WIN DA CASE!"
There would be an immediate sidebar and what was offered as a case dismissed.

CCBoy

Reaction score

:popcorn: :facepalm: He's no where responsible. your accusation is when insulting a showing of respect until some one like you then acuses him for your tender frustrations. Move on, 'smart guy.'

The fault isn't his nor mine.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would anyone be upset if Lance looks good in preseason? lol. Dak fans don't want everyone else to suck.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Trey Lance lights it up in OTAs and pre-season. Outplays Dak and takes the starting job. Gets us to the NFCCG.

I'm sure a bunch of Dak fans will say its not possible, that's not the question,
Not ever going to happen. The kid should have stayed in college for a couple of more years and learned the trade, but when someone starts throwing millions at you, greed takes over and this is what you end up with AND that's a barely wet behind the ears QB who doesn't have the ability or skills to be an AVERAGE QB in the NFL , let alone an elite QB. If this dude was smart he would ask for his release and get some type of experience in the USFL or the XFL. Whatever league it is he should try to get some reps there because at the rate he is going now, it's never going to happen for him in the NFL.