CFZ Why are people getting giddy about Trey Lance?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You just showed you card.

Oh, now everything is dumb because you don't like it? Yea, that's pretty dumb if you ask me.
Dak is your QB and is not going anywhere. I've been telling you that for years, yet here you are still whining every day. Ha. Everyone can see who knows their stuff and who doesn't.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Please don't tell me you meant to say Lance has been worse than Leaf.

A blindfolded Lance hopping backwards on one leg would be better than Leaf.
So far he has. You obviously have never watched him play and just watched YouTube highlights Like most of the yahoos here.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What has Fehoku shown? Nothing. Land showed much more this preseason.
Land was not a name I heard in ANY of the Cowboys' camp coverage. At all. Then he gets one sack and a few pressures against scrub tackles in a couple preseason games and everyone gets slack jawed over him. I don't get it.

Not saying Land won't ever become a factor in Indy but he just wasn't going to get a chance here. The draft investment is in Fehoku and the Cowboys want him to be a tackle eventually anyway, not an edge guy. They have enough of those guys already.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He just arrived five days ago! Give the kid a chance. Remember when you got kicked out of class for being a fool, well, look at you now. Lay off of the moonshine.
I’m talking about his games with the 9’ers. I just watched the preseason game he played in against the Raiders and he was awful. Off target, indecisive. Good arm strength.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Land was not a name I heard in ANY of the Cowboys' camp coverage. At all. Then he gets one sack and a few pressures against scrub tackles in a couple preseason games and everyone gets slack jawed over him. I don't get it.

Not saying Land won't ever become a factor in Indy but he just wasn't going to get a chance here. The draft investment is in Fehoku and the Cowboys want him to be a tackle eventually anyway, not an edge guy. They have enough of those guys already.
What did Jr Fehoku do this preseason?

I'll wait...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So far he has. You obviously have never watched him play and just watched YouTube highlights Like most of the yahoos here.
The guy played one full season in college and started a grand total of four NFL games. Don't know how much there is for anybody to watch of him.

Let's give him a chance to play before throwing dirt on his career before he ever gets a chance. And I don't think saying that makes me a yahoo.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

His name was mentioned numerous times. You watching more YouTube clips?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The guy played one full season in college and started a grand total of four NFL games. Don't know how much there is for anybody to watch of him.

Let's give him a chance to play before throwing dirt on his career before he ever gets a chance. And I don't think saying that makes me a yahoo.
I’m rooting for him to develop. So far, he has sucked. Get NFL+ and watch the games he played in.

Kwyn

Reaction score
How many times have you seen in the NFL where a player is a bust for a team and then a new team and environment, that player excels? This kid has had injuries he is really unproven and behind in game action and experience. Everyone is looking at Shanahan as some God, what if the 49ers got this all wrong? Look it only cost us a 4th, it could be either another bust or one of the greatest moves the Cowboys have made.
Jimmy G has made a couple of not so subtle references to weirdness in SF, particularly around Lance.

Shanahan is a sub 500 coach without Jimmy G btw.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What did Jr Fehoku do this preseason?

I'll wait...
Not a thing either. But we didn't watch every single camp practice and we don't know what the coaches' evaluation of these guys are either. There obviously has to be a plan in place for Fehoku. Like I said he will eventually be an inside guy based on what I have read.

I think we as fans can't sit around and scout players by reading box scores and become armchair GM's. Now would the Cowboys have liked to keep Land? I'm sure of it. And I am sure they had lengthy conversations based on who they would have to cut to do that and the numbers just didn't add up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not a thing either. But we didn't watch every single camp practice and we don't know what the coaches' evaluation of these guys are either. There obviously has to be a plan in place for Fehoku. Like I said he will eventually be an inside guy based on what I have read.

I think we as fans can't sit around and scout players by reading box scores and become armchair GM's. Now would the Cowboys have liked to keep Land? I'm sure of it. And I am sure they had lengthy conversations based on who they would have to cut to do that and the numbers just didn't add up.
I'm sure Dan Quinn was a big part of who was kept and who wasn't. It better start working out.

rambo2

Reaction score
Move Lance to the practice squad. Protect him there. Dumb decision to keep him on the 53 to occupy a roster spot which would be better used on someone who can play right now.
He would have been claimed if he wasn't on the 53.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
He's a poor man's Carson Wentz.

He's Carson Wentz, without the one great season he had, and the one or two pretty decent seasons he had.

Probably will rub people the wrong way too.

People from North Dakota are annoying. And I'm basing this purely on Carson Wentz.

carson-wentz.jpg

shabazz

Reaction score
People from North Dakota are annoying. And I'm basing this purely on Carson
I generally like those people because they aren’t as apt to take a dump on their own city streets.

Maybe I’m just a little too picky about those things, though.