Why has the offense gone so far down hill?

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot better at what? Give me some examples.

He's not more accurate, any fool can see that. Cooper is better at reading defenses, plainly obvious. Cooper is quicker with his read and getting the ball out. Cooper has better awareness. Cooper stays calm where Dak gets panicky.
The only thing I can maybe say Dak is better at is arm strength and mobility,. and he doesn't seem to be willing to use either. So tell me exactly what Dak is "a lot better than Rush" at.

Plenty of threads that lay that out in great detail for you and maybe guide you towards the light.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think our D is DEFINITELY helping our offense, but our production is far less this year. Why?
This team reminds me of the 2002 Tampa Bay Bucks in a small way, they had a number one (in most category's) defense and an offense ranked #18, even in their 48 points on the board super bowl win against the raiders Brad Johnson only threw for two TDs. the rest of the points were provided courtesy of defense and special teams, TB was ranked 22nd in TD's that year.

But to your question IMO, 6 of the games we played last year we outscored those 6 by 40-17 in other words those teams were not good, all of those six were NFC east games, NFC East is much better, and we won't be scoring 40 plus against those teams.

shabazz

Reaction score
Of the 4 games under Coooer Rush, 2 were Sb finalist teams and one is a 4-1 team and the Commanders are turds……with the 5-0 Eagles up next

The hardest part of the schedule is with 4 game starter Rush as Qb so Nobody should be expecting great offensive numbers without, Tyron Smith and Amari Cooper.

it’s a miracle to be 4-1 at this point……we can get back to piling up meaningless points against teams like the lions and bears when Rayne Dakota gets back.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We were a top three offense last year. Now we’re what, 26th? Amari Cooper doesn’t make THAT MUCH difference, but when you add the loss of Tyron Smith, Dak being out the last four weeks, and Gallup missing the first couple of games, is that enough?

So when Dak and Peters and Washington all come back, how much difference will it make?
The defense is significantly better this season and has carried the majority of the production. Rush can't and doesn't have to be leaned on. That is directly related to Prescott not playing. The data proves Dak runs a better offense. Usually, THAT is what won games. Now we have a defense that can as well.
Could be scary upon Daks return as well as Smith, Peters, etc

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4-13 vs playoff teams (including the Eagles) the last 3 seasons and you Dak lovers are expecting he do what exactly when he returns?
Oh ok, he beats the Lions and Bears (of course he won't miss an opp to pad those stats of his) then what?
When he meets another playoff-bound team you will all witness the Dak that played vs the Chiefs, Niners, and Bucs.....BOOK IT!!!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'll give you a clue.

It hasn't.

Patience. Is a virtue.

This team is now legit. I had no idea, and was completely wrong, about Cooper Rush. Glad to be proven wrong here, though. Like, very glad.

I'm pretty sure he's not as good as Dak. But I could be wrong, because it's difficult to tell with their gameplan.

In fact, I hope Dak adjusts his gameplan to be more like Super Cooper Rush.

I really don't understand why some fans are so averse to reassessing their assessments upon new information coming to light.

I believe when Dak and Gallup are both at full health, we will be nearly unstoppable.

Oh, and we trounce the Eagles this weekend.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Ask yourself this....are we more balanced? I'd say ...hell yes.

Why? Because teams have to respect our passing game....

With Dak @ QB....teams load up again the run...because they don't fear Dak in the pass game...Rush gives us a balanced offense..making us less predictable.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Were they really that good last season? A few of the games they were able to pile up stats against NFC East doormats. Take away those games and the offense is far less dominating.

I don't think Dak coming back is going to make that big of a difference. There will be a minimal improvement at best, and I base this off the awful performance in week 1. Dak accounted for 3 points - thats it. I will be surprised if the offense makes any noticeable improvement at all.

Several people are not listening to the idea that the Cowboys changed their gameplan, strategy and adopted their old winning formula, which was not in place during game one. So to decide that Dak won't make much of a difference, based on his game 1 performance, is completely ignoring the substantive evidence and facts about the team you follow.

You'll see in due time. Too many have an interest in being right about Dak, or whatever. So much, that they're blinded by their own opinion, which makes them ubable to see things objectively.

If you think about this rationally, factually, there's really no other logical conclusion to come to other than the offense will improve with Dak as the starter.

My biggest fear is that they go back to passing more and running less.

Even though Dak has a better arm, they should not shy away from the run game.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I feel like people commenting here don't even watch the games. The defense and special teams basically pitched a shutout. The defense scored a touchdown and they had a blocked punt that led to a field goal.

Cooper Rush could have had 0 yards passing and Dallas wins that game 17-10 from Tony Pollards long touchdown run.

Correct.

Coy

Reaction score
Ball control, good running game, almost always playing with a lead, never being behind by double digits which results in tons of garbage yards (that makes the offense look better than it is), basically that's it, a winning formula, they should keep doing it with or without Dak

Vandyr

Reaction score
Plenty of threads that lay that out in great detail for you and maybe guide you towards the light.

The dude is mediocre at best, and at some point you guys are going to realize that. You would think after six years of average QB play some of you would figure that out, but apparently you still haven't. Now, watching Rush play, Dak's shortcomings are even more obvious.

This team is going nowhere with Dak Prescott.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
We were a top three offense last year. Now we’re what, 26th? Amari Cooper doesn’t make THAT MUCH difference, but when you add the loss of Tyron Smith, Dak being out the last four weeks, and Gallup missing the first couple of games, is that enough?

So when Dak and Peters and Washington all come back, how much difference will it make?
Who cares about the stats? I don't, I only care about the W's. Rush has executed the coach's game plans thus far and mistakes have been held to a minimum.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it comes down to 3rd down conversions. This offense must do better in converting, especially when you are running a ball controlled offense. These guys need to step up

DanA

Reaction score
I still believe this offense has another gear with Dak under center. I don’t think he’s a 40m QB but I do still think he’s an above average starting QB and will be much better than Rush.

kskboys

Reaction score
I still believe this offense has another gear with Dak under center. I don’t think he’s a 40m QB but I do still think he’s an above average starting QB and will be much better than Rush.
Dak should be better than Rush, yes. Needs to learn to manage the game better.