Why has the offense gone so far down hill?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think you need to get over the fact and come to terms that rush is not Dak competition...but it's obvious that's your wishful thinking ... So sorry for the disappointment
I've never said Rush is his competition, it's yourself, having to demean Rush, that makes it sound that he's a threat.
Get over your fixation about Rush and support him whilst he's our QB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak should be better than Rush, yes. Needs to learn to manage the game better.

The thing about Dak's game management is that he started his career absolutely outstanding in that area. He didn't become this sling it around all the time QB until Kellen Moore became the OC. I can't believe that's a coincidence. As I've said many times.. Dak believes Moore is an offensive genius.. so he eats up everything Moore says.. I think watching the team win games the way they used to pre-Moore may serve notice to Dak that maybe Moore ISN'T the genius he believed him to be. Maybe running the ball, taking shots only when we need to, quit getting greedy and stop trying to lead the league in anything but games won should be how he plays going forward.

kskboys

Reaction score
The thing about Dak's game management is that he started his career absolutely outstanding in that area. He didn't become this sling it around all the time QB until Kellen Moore became the OC. I can't believe that's a coincidence. As I've said many times.. Dak believes Moore is an offensive genius.. so he eats up everything Moore says.. I think watching the team win games the way they used to pre-Moore may serve notice to Dak that maybe Moore ISN'T the genius he believed him to be. Maybe running the ball, taking shots only when we need to, quit getting greedy and stop trying to lead the league in anything but games won should be how he plays going forward.
Not sure I'm looking for a scapegoat. There are also signs that Dak doesn't see what he should. I'm not taking sides on this.

For years I wondered if it was Romo or JG. Found out later it was definitely JG, as he failed miserably as an OC. This is the same situation here, one of them is a problem. I'm more of the thinking that we straighten it out instead of scapegoating.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not sure I'm looking for a scapegoat. There are also signs that Dak doesn't see what he should. I'm not taking sides on this.

For years I wondered if it was Romo or JG. Found out later it was definitely JG, as he failed miserably as an OC. This is the same situation here, one of them is a problem. I'm more of the thinking that we straighten it out instead of scapegoating.
For years we leaned on Romo then Dak and our offense to carry us . But now we have a stout defense with Parsons who can carry us .

We basically have a new recipe for success with this defense .

It will be interesting to see if our current schemes and playcalling continues when Prescott returns . Or if Jethro still wants to make his 40 million QB look elite.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I'm not scapegoating at all. I am identifying the problem and proposing a solution. I troubleshoot computer systems for a living. This is what I do.. I find out why the system isn't doing what it's supposed to do and then I tell the customer what he needs to do to get it working like it's supposed to. Sometimes it's replace hardware. Sometimes it's patch the software. Sometimes it's stop running backups over the network during the busiest time of your production day and wonder why your users' network performance is in the crapper. When I troubleshoot these issues one of the first questions I ask is when did it start.. Then I ask what changed around that time.. In the Cowboys case what changed was we promoted an experienced ex-QB from the Mountain West to offensive coordinator and paired him with a young QB who was trying to take his game to the next level as a passer. Over the last 4 weeks we have replaced some hardware.. the QB.. and in doing so the OC has had to change his software.. He can't run the 2 terabyte database of plays because the new CPU isn't as fast as the other one and new system doesn't have as much memory. So the OC is having to run a scaled down version of his application (offense.) And it's working.. in much the same way that scaled down version of the application worked with the old QB.. So the question now becomes when the old QB comes back.. do we keep running the same program the one that is working maybe adding in a few more lines of code that the replacement CPU can't run.. Or do we reboot the system and start up the one that burned up the CPU before?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not scapegoating at all. I am identifying the problem and proposing a solution. I troubleshoot computer systems for a living. This is what I do.. I find out why the system isn't doing what it's supposed to do and then I tell the customer what he needs to do to get it working like it's supposed to. Sometimes it's replace hardware. Sometimes it's patch the software. Sometimes it's stop running backups over the network during the busiest time of your production day and wonder why your users' network performance is in the crapper. When I troubleshoot these issues one of the first questions I ask is when did it start.. Then I ask what changed around that time.. In the Cowboys case what changed was we promoted an experienced ex-QB from the Mountain West to offensive coordinator and paired him with a young QB who was trying to take his game to the next level as a passer. Over the last 4 weeks we have replaced some hardware.. the QB.. and in doing so the OC has had to change his software.. He can't run the 2 terabyte database of plays because the new CPU isn't as fast as the other one and new system doesn't have as much memory. So the OC is having to run a scaled down version of his application (offense.) And it's working.. in much the same way that scaled down version of the application worked with the old QB.. So the question now becomes when the old QB comes back.. do we keep running the same program the one that is working maybe adding in a few more lines of code that they replacement CPU can't run.. Or do we reboot the system and start up the one that burned up the CPU before?
I only read a couple sentences as while you are a good contributor your long post are difficult to read thru.

I’m surprised after reading you’re an IT guy and problem solver you don’t see the problem with your unreadable long post without separation and paragraphs.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I only read a couple sentences as while you are a good contributor your long post are difficult to read thru.

I’m surprised after reading you’re an IT guy and problem solver you don’t see the problem with your unreadable long post without separation and paragraphs.

I'm an engineer not a sportswriter.. The posts never look that long to me.. and I never have any issue reading long posts as long as they present information. I won't read "he sucks" diatribes but if someone posts good analysis the number of words they use to say what they have to say is not really a concern for me. But to each his own.

BTW when I took English back in the Dark Ages.. we were taught that you only change paragraphs when the topic changes or when the "voice" changes. It was never just to break it up into smaller chunks. When I do break the post up for the sake of readability it actually offends me a little because the next "paragraph" is about the exact same topic. Sometimes I try to break them up in deference to my fellow posters.. but most times I don't bother.. Because sometimes it's hard to find a good place to do so.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I'm not scapegoating at all. I am identifying the problem and proposing a solution. I troubleshoot computer systems for a living. This is what I do.. I find out why the system isn't doing what it's supposed to do and then I tell the customer what he needs to do to get it working like it's supposed to. Sometimes it's replace hardware. Sometimes it's patch the software. Sometimes it's stop running backups over the network during the busiest time of your production day and wonder why your users' network performance is in the crapper. When I troubleshoot these issues one of the first questions I ask is when did it start.. Then I ask what changed around that time.. In the Cowboys case what changed was we promoted an experienced ex-QB from the Mountain West to offensive coordinator and paired him with a young QB who was trying to take his game to the next level as a passer. Over the last 4 weeks we have replaced some hardware.. the QB.. and in doing so the OC has had to change his software.. He can't run the 2 terabyte database of plays because the new CPU isn't as fast as the other one and new system doesn't have as much memory. So the OC is having to run a scaled down version of his application (offense.) And it's working.. in much the same way that scaled down version of the application worked with the old QB.. So the question now becomes when the old QB comes back.. do we keep running the same program the one that is working maybe adding in a few more lines of code that the replacement CPU can't run.. Or do we reboot the system and start up the one that burned up the CPU before?
The OC needs to cater for the whole PC and work out what makes it work at optimum efficiency.
The PC needs to be the priority, not component parts.
Maybe program the CPU with the knowledge that the PC run function is healthy atm and that it'll help the PC and CPU if we rely on that.
If the OC is unable to update and upgrade his memory, then he'll lose the function....upgrade or eventually die.

visionary

Reaction score
We were a top three offense last year. Now we’re what, 26th? Amari Cooper doesn’t make THAT MUCH difference, but when you add the loss of Tyron Smith, Dak being out the last four weeks, and Gallup missing the first couple of games, is that enough?

So when Dak and Peters and Washington all come back, how much difference will it make?

because some so called Cowboys fans are actually Dak jock slurpers

(any resemblance to OP is purely coincidental)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The OC needs to cater for the whole PC and work out what makes it work at optimum efficiency.
The PC needs to be the priority, not component parts.
Maybe program the CPU with the knowledge that the PC run function is healthy atm and that it'll help the PC and CPU if we rely on that.
If the OC is unable to update and upgrade his memory, then he'll lose the function....upgrade or eventually die.

I think I kinda understand what you're trying to say.. but I don't work on PCs.. I work on large scale computer systems. Back in the day they were known as mainframes.. which, while they still exist, have largely been replaced by faster, cheaper Intel based systems. I will say this though.. the offensive system is "working" but I don't know that I would describe it as "healthy." It's the equivalent of an 8 cylinder engine that has lost two cylinders.. It'll still run and it can still get you home.. but it won't it won't get you home very fast nor will it tow your boat back home so you have to leave the boat at the marina. And if you live in an HOA neighborhood the noise it makes might get you a letter from the association.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Of course, which is how I know that nobody in his right mind could be serious when they write things like you did.

I'm going to assume you do not actually watch the games. No one in their right mind thinks Dak is more accurate than Cooper Rush. Dak's tendency to throw high or behind receivers has been a common complaint for the last three to four years.
Dak not being able to read defenses has also been a common complaint since 2017. Both of these issues are also highlighted in his scouting report.
So you're either not watching the games, or you're not paying attention when you do.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm an engineer not a sportswriter.. The posts never look that long to me.. and I never have any issue reading long posts as long as they present information. I won't read "he sucks" diatribes but if someone posts good analysis the number of words they use to say what they have to say is not really a concern for me. But to each his own.

BTW when I took English back in the Dark Ages.. we were taught that you only change paragraphs when the topic changes or when the "voice" changes. It was never just to break it up into smaller chunks. When I do break the post up for the sake of readability it actually offends me a little because the next "paragraph" is about the exact same topic. Sometimes I try to break them up in deference to my fellow posters.. but most times I don't bother.. Because sometimes it's hard to find a good place to do so.

yeah, a 10 page article in one topic should have no paragraphs LOL

Sounds like the last time you took English was in 5th grade

RonnieT24

Reaction score
yeah, a 10 page article in one topic should have no paragraphs LOL

Sounds like the last time you took English was in 5th grade

If you're going to attack someone on grammar the least you could do is punctuate your own drivel.

leeblair

Reaction score
We were a top three offense last year. Now we’re what, 26th? Amari Cooper doesn’t make THAT MUCH difference, but when you add the loss of Tyron Smith, Dak being out the last four weeks, and Gallup missing the first couple of games, is that enough?

So when Dak and Peters and Washington all come back, how much difference will it make?
Because we're playing tough teams to start the season, and our quarterback is keeping the offense in the game and even giving the Cowboys the lead.
And we're not playing catch-up against loose defenses because Dak choked in the first half.
Older fans know, and we were taught, that quarterbacks who have the best stats are usually on poor teams. They get behind early, and get to play against defenses in the second halves of games who are simply playing loose and letting the clock run.
Cooper Rush doesn't have to play catch-up because he's driving the Cowboy's offense for scores and keeping the opposing team's offense off the field by sustaining drives for more than just three-and-out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

That’s better. I read more of it. But you have much to offer this forum. I think more would read if you broke it up more legible .

Basic grammar paragraphing pertaining to subject matter doesn’t necessarily apply to the internet.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That’s better. I read more of it. But you have much to offer this forum. I think more would read if you broke it up more legible .

Basic grammar paragraphing pertaining to subject matter doesn’t necessarily apply to the internet.

Yeah tru dat.. a lot of things are different on the internet.. I get that.. but just as reading long posts sucks the fun out of it for some.. trying to find just the right length of a paragraph sucks some of the fun out of it for me. It's too much thinking.. which as you know is the opposite of what the forum is about! LOL! Just (half) kidding!