Why hasn't Dez signed yet

Verdict

Reaction score
Exactly ...I said before if I'm Dez, I'm in no hurry. Take a nice extended vacation and relax......I'm guessing at least couple teams have him hold until after the draft.

Yeah. If you are Dez you don't sign with anyone yet because no one has offered you a contract yet.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He’s holding out for more money while currently rejecting lowball offers.

Over/Under 10-Mill per?

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Yeah and if they would've waited until training camp that too would've screwed him. Dez was homegrown talent. I'm not upset they let him go. I get the theory behind why you would do it. It should've been handled far better. Newman and Scandrick got more respect than this.

They might have though Dez was a more valuable playing chip.

If a team wants Dez, they can do it the same now as if it was the start of free agency.
The cap has a lot of moving parts, money wouldn't be the issue.
The only difference I see is they might have already made their WR move, less of a demand.

Still, why does the player have to always be on the better end of a transactions.

Dez's situation is __________ depending on ones perspective.
Agree or not, the game goes on.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I didnt come around these parts then. But did Romo get as many threads started after leaving the team as Dez has? Just curious.

It was way worse...........practically every thread for days was about Romo

As you can imagine, two camps have formed. One says Romo never won jack, was used up, and good riddance since we now have a legit franchise QB in Dak. Other camp says Romo should have never been replaced, Dak was fool's gold, had a great rookie season and once the league figured him out it was over and he sucks now.

As with most things in life, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's not a Cowboy anymore. I could care more but I don't. No one player is bigger than the team. He got his big money deal, now it's over and they are no need to shed tears over it.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Why do you feel that way? All their clients have gotten very lucrative deals.
Actually now that I rethink that, I got nothing against them. I tend to side with ownership when dealing with players, it’s just a reaction.

But yeah, as an outsider I shouldn’t have any issues with them.

Carter

Reaction score
He can wait. There is no Need to rush now. Basically it even makes most sense to wait till the June 1st Cuts happened.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Its been almost a week now and he hasn't signed anywhere, it sounded to me like an NFC East team was all but ready to get him when he said he looks forward to playing us twice a year.

He also hasn't visited with any team either.

thoughts?

I'm not really surprised. Free agent money mostly spent, and draft coming up shortly with a lot of good WRs. And Dez hasn't been boosting his value with his talk in the media.

I wonder what his agent had been telling Dez about the likely market he would face.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What I believe it was, or at least what I believe I read, was that if they waited until June 1 to cut Dez he wouldn't have counted against the salary cap at all, but since workouts would have started by then, if Dez got hurt in the meantime they would have been stuck with the full salary. If this is accurate, technically the team could have simply held Dez out of workouts until June 1, then released him. Admittedly that would have probably not been viewed very favorably by players or fans.

It seems the timeline may have been to wait until signing another receiver, then try to trade Dez, and when they found no takers they decided to release him.
That's a much better description of what I was thinking.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Its been almost a week now and he hasn't signed anywhere, it sounded to me like an NFC East team was all but ready to get him when he said he looks forward to playing us twice a year.

He also hasn't visited with any team either.

thoughts?
The more Dez talks and points the finger the more he buries his chances of teams he will play for!

boysfanindc

Reaction score
He has offers from 31 other teams that will all make him the highest paid WR in the league, he is trying to sort through them to see where he actually wants to play.

vaturkey

Reaction score
There's no rush now for most teams as they are focused on the draft. After that is sorted out, teams will have a better idea of where they need help and Dez's phone will ring.

pansophy

Reaction score
It was way worse...........practically every thread for days was about Romo

As you can imagine, two camps have formed. One says Romo never won jack, was used up, and good riddance since we now have a legit franchise QB in Dak. Other camp says Romo should have never been replaced, Dak was fool's gold, had a great rookie season and once the league figured him out it was over and he sucks now.

As with most things in life, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
There are still Romo threads, so yeah, it was worse.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Who ever it is better make sure they give him "respect". And by respect I mean pay him crazy money, let him miss meetings, let him be late for practice, let him throw sideline temper tantrums, throw him the ball even when he is covered (because even when he isn't open he is still open), let him openly question the game plans, let him undermine your coach and team captains, do not ask him to run more than 2 simple routes and hire a maid to clean up after his pet monkey. I am sure I missed a few key respect items but this is a good start.