Why hasn't Zeke been picked up yet?

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
He will be on some NFL team's roster next season. Maybe just as a mid season injury fill in, but some team will take a chance on him. May be one of our division rivals just as a headline maker.....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh look at you clever haters...gosh...you missed your calling. You are SO good you should be working with skip bayless....why ain;t YOU signed to make so much money off your talent?
50PaB9Z.gif

McMicah

Reaction score
Here is what will happen with Zeke. He will be signed when a team is ready to pick up a pass blocking 3rd and 1 back that will come in situationally. That, to me, is a 3rd stringer in this league. I honestly love people who wear rose colored glasses because it offsets cynics like me, but good Front Offices watch Zeke tape and see JAG because good front offices are cynical or realistic. Jerry and Stephen wear rose colored glasses, and fall in love with players (even over backups that are better) for years until they are beyond spent. Maybe there will be another FO that believes in star power and pixie dust that will pick him up and start him

JayFord

Reaction score
he'll he signed probably after the draft but he will be signed and he will have 200 rush attempts this year

but you gotta realize he'll be 28 by the time the season starts he's been hurt and the nfl acts like rbs in their late 20s are as mobile as my granddad

lostar2009

Reaction score
Teams not going to pay extra for a RB they felt lost a step. He probably will get pick up after the draft.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Retirement might be a good option for him with the money he has made. I don't think that it is worth it for him to play. The risk reward doesn't add up for him.
If he’s smart he will take the veteran minimum to be a rotation back for a team like the chiefs. Even though his slow, plodding, can’t catch style doesn’t fit their offense.

Adreme

Reaction score
Realistically he probably is not in a rush. You see a lot of older players who wait until the summer to sign, largely because they don’t want to deal with the programs and would rather work out on their own.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
People watch film.
I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't play next season.

Dude is beyond done.
More of the deep in-depth analysis I've come to expect here. :rolleyes:

If you want to have some fun go compare Zeke's 7th year numbers to Emmitt's 7th year numbers.

The big difference is Emmitt played with a championship team and Zeke played with Dak Prescott and some jersey sellers.

rambo2

Reaction score
If he’s smart he will take the veteran minimum to be a rotation back for a team like the chiefs. Even though his slow, plodding, can’t catch style doesn’t fit their offense.
If he is smart, he will quit playing football.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
More of the deep in-depth analysis I've come to expect here. :rolleyes:

If you want to have some fun go compare Zeke's 7th year numbers to Emmitt's 7th year numbers.

The big difference is Emmitt played with a championship team and Zeke played with Dak Prescott and some jersey sellers.
Smith certainly wasn't the same back after the 1995 season, but the difference here is Zeke has had 3 sub par seasons in a row and he's just looking worse each season.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Going to get a barrage of hate for saying this, but let's say the market for Zeke isn't there. Which is likely.

Would having him back at the veteran's minimum just to serve a minimal role hurt? Maybe use him in goal line or short yardage situations?
Embrace mediocrity.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke is okay and he will play again. His popularity is still high among this fan base. Look at all of his supporters showing their interest in his future.