Witness claims Ezekiel Elliott was not involved in altercation **merged**

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not the terms of the rules that is the problem. Wrong doing should be punished but not until it is verified. Somehow public opinion that is driven my the media's unsubstantiated narrative matters to the commish... it's what got Brady suspended last year.

Has he been punished yet? No. Even though he's done plenty of "wrong" to one degree or another.

Why are you conflating "bad decisions" with law breaking? I didn't say he was making good decisions, I said he didn't break any laws. You are once again jumping to conclusion and now attempting to divert that folly to someone else. I'm not the one fool enough to get sucked into the media spin and think it amounts to a hill of beans. I don't care how long that list of "bad decisions" gets as long as he's not breaking the law he should be allowed to make all the "bad decisions" he wants to make. Who elected you the executor of what is or isn't a good decision?

Brady didn't break any laws either, how did it work out for him?

Likewise, who elected you? And apparently, you're "fool enough" to want to absolve him of any wrongdoing or make excuses for him because you're a fan. The only standards you get to lower are your own.

You don't get to decide what's acceptable, the owners and management of the league do. And if you or Elliott don't like it, feel free to do something else.

CWR

Reaction score
Oh boo hoo. Cry me a river. So persecuted, while making 20+ million dollars. Again, it's not hard. If you don't like the terms or the rules, or the consequences, find something else to do. Nobody's making them play football and subject to its rules.

Sounds like you're jumping to conclusions as much as everyone else. Even if he skates by on this one, he's got a list of stupid things piling up. The only thing he's the victim of is bad decisions.

I swear, multi million dollar athletes playing a sport for less than a dozen years being compared to slaves is the stupidest argument I can fathom. The regular people grinding out 9-5s are a whole hell of alot closer. Even at that its riddiculous, we all have choices.

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe they wanted to give him a chance to tell his side of things. You're assumptions are what is embarrassing. :muttley:

I am sure they wanted to hear his version.

But it's being reported that Jones talked about how actions off the field affect the rest of the team. Jones also talked about how Elliott has to evolve and understand he has to be more careful, especially in today's media and social media landscape where things one does instantly can hit the airwaves.

So yeah, I think the call was more of a "wise up Zeke" call than a "it's OK buddy, keep doing what you doing!"

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Has he been punished yet? No. Even though he's done plenty of "wrong" to one degree or another.

Brady didn't break any laws either, how did it work out for him?

Likewise, who elected you? And apparently, you're "fool enough" to want to absolve him of any wrongdoing or make excuses for him because you're a fan. The only standards you get to lower are your own.

You don't get to decide what's acceptable, the owners and management of the league do. And if you or Elliott don't like it, feel free to do something else.
Wrong doing? What did he do wrong at that bar?

Brady shouldn't have been suspended is my point.

I'm not seeing any standards that Elliott has violated.

CWR

Reaction score
What a find curious is Zekes lack of comment on the matter. I would think hed want to get out in front of it early and clarify its ludicrous. Im not saying this makes him guilty, I just question how his representation has handled a supposedly innocent man. Ive said all along a suspension is unwarranted however the fact he keeps showing up in the news right or wrong makes me believe its coming, and its getting tougher and tougher to defend him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am sure they wanted to hear his version.

But it's being reported that Jones talked about how actions off the field affect the rest of the team. Jones also talked about how Elliott has to evolve and understand he has to be more careful, especially in today's media and social media landscape where things one does instantly can hit the airwaves.

So yeah, I think the call was more of a "wise up Zeke" call than a "it's OK buddy, keep doing what you doing!"
I'm sure that talk did go something like that, but we are still speculating about bad decisions vs laws being broken. The conflation needs to stop.

CWR

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Cowboys
Speaking Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones declined comment on reports that Ezekiel Elliott is facing suspension.

Jones said he "didn't want to speculate." Commenting on the piling up of off-the-field issues for his young star runner, Jones said Elliott is "evolving and being subject to needing to learn how to deal with the media and social media the way it is today." Online buzz is growing that Elliott could be facing a lengthy ban, but it's still just conjecture. The only option for early drafters is to sit tight.

Source: Rob Phillips on Twitter
Jul 18 - 1:38

THIS IS WHAT BOTHERS ME. We are reading about this crap with Zeke and on the same page I see this.

Jordan Howard - RB - Bears
Jordan Howard worked on his speed during the offseason.

Howard had seven runs of 25 yards or longer, but his longest rushing touchdown was just nine yards -- he did score from 21 yards out as a receiver. Working on his speed could help him turn more of those long runs into touchdowns. "It's training," coach John Fox said. "When you get to that (quality), it's more about track speed than football speed." The engine for Chicago's offense, Howard has a real shot to lead the league in rushing.

Source: Chicago Tribune
Jul 18 - 11:28 AM

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm sure that talk did go something like that, but we are still speculating about bad decisions vs laws being broken. The conflation needs to stop.

What are you talking about? I've never mentioned anything about him breaking the law.

You said "why would he be in trouble with the employer if he did nothing wrong?" Apparently the Cowboys think he did something wrong (note, not necessarily illegal, just made a bad decision) because they reached out to him to talk to him about what kind of effect stuff like that can have on a team and how he needs to be smarter in a digital age where everyone has a camera.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they wanted to give him a chance to tell his side of things. You're assumptions are what is embarrassing. :muttley:

Sure thing. Keep telling yourself that.
:thumbup:
You only get to fool yourself.

CWR

Reaction score
I still love Zeke and think hes an animal, I simply hope he slows down his offseason adventures soon and gets out of the news and on to the football field.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Cowboys
Speaking Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones declined comment on reports that Ezekiel Elliott is facing suspension.

Jones said he "didn't want to speculate." Commenting on the piling up of off-the-field issues for his young star runner, Jones said Elliott is "evolving and being subject to needing to learn how to deal with the media and social media the way it is today." Online buzz is growing that Elliott could be facing a lengthy ban, but it's still just conjecture. The only option for early drafters is to sit tight.

Source: Rob Phillips on Twitter
Jul 18 - 1:38

THIS IS WHAT BOTHERS ME. We are reading about this crap with Zeke and on the same page I see this.

Jordan Howard - RB - Bears
Jordan Howard worked on his speed during the offseason.

Howard had seven runs of 25 yards or longer, but his longest rushing touchdown was just nine yards -- he did score from 21 yards out as a receiver. Working on his speed could help him turn more of those long runs into touchdowns. "It's training," coach John Fox said. "When you get to that (quality), it's more about track speed than football speed." The engine for Chicago's offense, Howard has a real shot to lead the league in rushing.

Source: Chicago Tribune
Jul 18 - 11:28 AM

That one guy is kind of exaggerating. Lengthy ban? The rumors have been that he could see a couple of games, not like 8.

Reactions: CWR

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I swear, multi million dollar athletes playing a sport for less than a dozen years being compared to slaves is the stupidest argument I can fathom. The regular people grinding out 9-5s are a whole hell of alot closer. Even at that its riddiculous, we all have choices.

Some fans think it's their job to make excuses for players on their favorite team doing bad things.

It isn't.

Reactions: CWR

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a find curious is Zekes lack of comment on the matter. I would think hed want to get out in front of it early and clarify its ludicrous. Im not saying this makes him guilty, I just question how his representation has handled a supposedly innocent man. Ive said all along a suspension is unwarranted however the fact he keeps showing up in the news right or wrong makes me believe its coming, and its getting tougher and tougher to defend him.

He's simply giving the league more and more ammunition to get him on something.

Heck, at this point, they can write the laundry list of "dumb" and add it up to "conduct detrimental to the league" or some other nonsense.

And, whereas Jones may have fought them on it last week, given the sheer number of items - however serious or not one wants to label them - the sheer number gives the league at least some leg to stand on.

CWR

Reaction score
Some fans think it's their job to make excuses for players on their favorite team doing bad things.

It isn't.

Honestly I was right there with those fans, but sooner or later enough is enough. Zeke has crossed that line in MY mind. Time to grow up. Remove yourself from situations that are hazardous to your career. Doesnt have to be forever but hes had plenty of fun this offseason. When does he realize even when hes right hes wrong in the eyes of public opinion? He has to be smart enough to understand its past time to keep a low profile.