Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes it's serious, the market value is the market value, no matter what the cost. Do you think you're going to get a starting qb below market value ?
ffs no kidding. Where did you see me say I thought we would? Why why why are you struggling with this so much? Are you arguing just to argue? Do you actually have a point to be made that isn't just repeating back to me things I already said?

blueblood70

Reaction score
sure pay him 20 per with incentives no more then 4yrs..so yes pay him but dont throw stupid money at him or we will be back to the old cap hell we just got out of..if JJ and this FO dont see they be basically bidding against themselves offering a stupidly high contract, they deserve cap issues..if they want to find out let him test the market, im be glad to pay what say 2 other teams offer..if dak cant be happy around 20 id say FT him twice and let him walk, draft 2020 has a good amount of QBs in it we can go after..id rather sell the farm in draft picks then long fat contract setting us back way too many years..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The first 2 years he had arguably the very best O-line in the league. They're about average this year.

Correct the Oline is much worse.

Just an FYI they are the 31st ranked pass blocking Oline, 31st ranked penalized Oline, and 31st ranked in sacks and pressure.

run blocking they around 10th.

erod

Reaction score
False. It has not been above average consistently. Your Dak hatred is oozing with nonsense. Lol, it's gotten this bad?
The line is far better than most teams. Your Dak blindness just won't admit it.

Zeke is killing it. Teams are all geared up to stop him.

This should be EASY for Dak. It would be for a real quarterback.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Correct the Oline is much worse.

Just an FYI they are the 31st ranked pass blocking Oline, 31st ranked penalized Oline, and 31st ranked in sacks and pressure.

run blocking they around 10th.

Only 9 QBs have more time to throw than Dak, yet only 1 (rather than 21) has been sacked more often.

So either no one is open (doubtful), he can't find them (possible), or he's reluctant to pull the trigger (most likely).

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

erod

Reaction score

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
I don't know, he's run high powered offenses in a lot of different situations with a lot of different QB's

if you look at his record as an OC--there's only one stint where he didn't have a highly potent offense.
3 years in Minnesota with Culpepper, they were 2nd, 1st and 4th in offense.

1 year in Miami back in 2005 with (no, I'm not joking) Gus Frerotte as his starter, and they were 14th in offense. Gus Frerotte as the starter, and lead rusher Ronnie Brown, and they managed score about as many points per game as the Cowboys are averaging this year.

His 1st two years in Detroit were Stafford's first 2 years. Stafford was injured a good share of both of those seasons (only played 13 games combined those 2 years) so they struggled a bit. But starting in year 3--Detroit had the 5th, 3rd, and 6th ranked offenses in the league. I repeat--the Detroit Lions had the 5th, 3rd, and 6th ranked offenses in the league, in successive years.

Since Dak became the starter, we've gone from 5th offensively, to 14th, to 23rd.

It's literally the only time in the career of Scott Linehan as an offensive coordinator that an offense he was coaching, got steadily worse the longer he was there.

Is it his fault? You tell me. I know he's an easy scapegoat, for those who are still clinging to the magical rookie season of Dak Prescott.....
That shows me Linehan was better when he was younger but got more senile or that the nfl game evolved which it did

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Here is the thing, Romo was absolutely hammered worse than Dad ever could of been. He was the laughingstock of the league in terms of choking! Now don't get me wrong, I loved romo he is a wonderful man and qb, but I like Dak even better for exactly what Woodson referenced.. Dak is a leader and has the grit to guide a team to a championship. I gotta say, that he is inspiring to me as a person and human and he has enough good makeup to get it done. His accuracy is off and on, but Romo would throw interceptions at the worst possible times. There stats after 3 years are almost identical as well, with the exception of Dak's interceptions being lower which is good.. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I love the guy and proud he is our qb. Guys with better arms and accuracy might be able to fit better into tight windows, but most of those guys can't put the team on their backs and run for Td's what seemingly looks like at will... There is good and bad in all qb's, but man, Dak is a special person with a will to win and have everyone else rise above their talent level. Lets also not forget we have some stubborn old school offensive coaches who don't tailor the game around his strengths! Also, "KELLEN MORE".. YIKES.
Leaders usually don't need to be carried to wins by other players like coop and zeek do for Dak,

erod

Reaction score
Here is the thing, Romo was absolutely hammered worse than Dad ever could of been. He was the laughingstock of the league in terms of choking! Now don't get me wrong, I loved romo he is a wonderful man and qb, but I like Dak even better for exactly what Woodson referenced.. Dak is a leader and has the grit to guide a team to a championship. I gotta say, that he is inspiring to me as a person and human and he has enough good makeup to get it done. His accuracy is off and on, but Romo would throw interceptions at the worst possible times. There stats after 3 years are almost identical as well, with the exception of Dak's interceptions being lower which is good.. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I love the guy and proud he is our qb. Guys with better arms and accuracy might be able to fit better into tight windows, but most of those guys can't put the team on their backs and run for Td's what seemingly looks like at will... There is good and bad in all qb's, but man, Dak is a special person with a will to win and have everyone else rise above their talent level. Lets also not forget we have some stubborn old school offensive coaches who don't tailor the game around his strengths! Also, "KELLEN MORE".. YIKES.
Have you even noticed that Dallas barely ever scores offensive touchdowns? That's because of your hero.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I never heard anyone say, let alone Jerry say he's going to be paid like a franchise qb, what ever that means, Jerry said he will be extended, that's all he said.
they way Jerry already said that he is the guy is very bad for negotiations, so basically Dak is going to get paid like a franchise qb. Thank Jerry's poker face for that.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That shows me Linehan was better when he was younger but got more senile or that the nfl game evolved which it did

To accept this we havehto concede that the NFL game didn't evolve beyond SL's grasp until the exact moment Dak Prescott entered the league

Sorry Will, I don't much believe in coincidences

erod

Reaction score
they way Jerry already said that he is the guy is very bad for negotiations, so basically Dak is going to get paid like a franchise qb. Thank Jerry's poker face for that.
Dak stood by Jerry when the players union, media, and league criticized him heavily last year.

Dak is getting paid.