Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

Nav22

Reaction score
Now?

Probably not

8-10 years ago? Different story
Yeah, no.

Dak’s career passer rating is 95.2 (94.7 this year).

Eli’s CAREER HIGH for a season is 93.6. His career average is 84.1.

Then you add in Dak’s rushing TDs and it’s not even close.

If Eli’s Super Bowls sway the argument for him, then Dak’s 3 straight winning seasons counts when comparing him to other QBs. Can’t have that both ways.

jnday

Reaction score
Correct the Oline is much worse.

Just an FYI they are the 31st ranked pass blocking Oline, 31st ranked penalized Oline, and 31st ranked in sacks and pressure.

run blocking they around 10th.
Considering the injuries , they are lucky to be 31st. Three starters, including Frederick who is the backbone of the oline, are out and they have a starting LT with a bad back which is causing him to play subpar football. Dak does very little to help these guys with protection and the number of sacks and hits reflect it.

Nav22

Reaction score
What has Dak shown to be better than Eli?

More sacks, more fumbles, less yards, less YPA. He is not near as accurate.

oh wait - he has run for more TD's

So now, somebody is going to tell me to watch the game and see and ignore the stats!
By any reasonable metric, Dak is the superior QB.

I noticed you left out “passer rating”, which is an accumulation of many passing stats.

Gee, I wonder why!
:laugh:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yeah, no.

If Eli’s Super Bowls sway the argument for him, then Dak’s 3 straight winning seasons counts when comparing him to other QBs. Can’t have that both ways.

Sure I can. You are trying to have it both ways, why can't I.

The President of the "Wins matter" club, thinks beating PHilly's backups 6-0 to seal a 9-7 season is on par with 2 rings.

Fantastic. :lmao2:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I know you would. You guys believe everyone is better than what we have. Same crowd that wanted Romo out of here. And who cares about triplets? What triplets did the Eagles have last year or the Ravens? Or the Giants? Or the Packers?
It's funny how fans make fun of Garrett for acting like it's still the 90's, when many fans still act that way themselves. The 90's are over, time to move on.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Troy would get rid of the ball. Dak holds it forever. Every play is not a jail break.

This offensive line has produced the top running back in football. Again. Dak should be tearing it up.
There is a huge difference between run blocking and pass blocking.

Nav22

Reaction score
Sure I can. You are trying to have it both ways, why can't I.

The President of the "Wins matter" club, thinks beating PHilly's backups 6-0 to seal a 9-7 season is on par with 2 rings.

Fantastic. :lmao2:
So Dak’s numbers crap on Eli’s and Dak’s winning twice as much as Eli nowadays... but you’re hanging onto the Super Bowls from 7+ years ago.

Yeah, you’re done.
:laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, no.

I was under the impression the big "pro Dak" argument was that winning is the only thing that matters. Wouldn't that mean winning SBs trumps all else?

Nav22

Reaction score
I was under the impression the big "pro Dak" argument was that winning is the only thing that matters. Wouldn't that mean winning SBs trumps all else?
I was under the impression that “wins are a team stat.”

It’s very telling that you flip-flop that reasoning in order to slam Dak. LOL.

Eli’s SB wins were 7 and 11 years ago. He’s been a .500 QB in all other seasons. Not exactly a consistent winner like Dak has been through 3 years.

Psst... Dak’s career stats absolutely destroy Eli’s.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was under the impression that “wins are a team stat.”

It’s very telling that you flip-flop that reasoning in order to slam Dak. LOL.

Eli’s SB wins were 7 and 11 years ago. He’s been a .500 QB in all other seasons. Not exactly a consistent winner like Dak has been through 3 years.

Psst... Dak’s career stats absolutely destroy Eli’s.
I didn't "flip-flop" anything. I was talking about the big selling point of those who argue that Dak wins and nothing else matters. If that's the case, then Eli's SB wins mean more than anything Dak's done.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What scheme should they run that will not need pocket awareness and accuracy on passes more than 10 yards ?
Two and three step drops, more RPOs, roll outs (not naked boots), spreads, resist mt backfield, more quick hitting passes. A West Coast type offense. Dak should be running much more. He is not a traditional QB.