Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It’s called market value. Whoever you replace Dak with will be of the same pay scale or caliber unless you believe in Rush or Mike White.

I'd rather pay someone clutch like Foles than what I've seen from Dak so far. Let me ask you this. People here had dreams of another set of triplets. in 2016 we though we had Dak and Zeek and only needed a wideout to complete the triplets. Who in 2018 thinks we have the triplets? Zeek is triplet worthy. Coop is triplet worthy. what's missing?

Nav22

Reaction score
Seriously.

And also--gotta love Darren stating the mindset of a locker room he never stepped foot in.

We're supposed to believe that the guy who leads all time in franchise victories and 4th quarter comebacks and owns pretty much every passing record in franchise history (except interceptions) inspired *zero* confidence in the team.

But the closer is the best--Dak will be a Championship quarterback because he "has the intangibles". Yeah, he's not accurate. Yeah, he doesn't see the field well. But--the "intangibles". Those simply can't be measured, or overvalued.

I look at a list of guys who've won championships at the quarterback position in the last 15 years.
Both Mannings. Brady. Brees. Rodgers. Roethlisberger. Wilson. Flacco.

Hmmm..... I'm not thinking that's a list of guys who would be described as having a "lot of warts" that needed covering.
Eli Manning didn’t have a lot of warts? He’s only led the league in INTs several times.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Eli Manning didn’t have a lot of warts? He’s only led the league in INTs several times.

Can he hit an open receiver two steps behind his coverage?

If so, he doesn't have as many warts as Dak does

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

How comforting to know that the owner of the team has already decided that Dak is going to get an "extraordinary" contract. And that to help him get that contract, the mission is to basically turn the Cowboys into a glorified college style offensive team.

Good grief. I honestly don't know what else to say, other than good grief. I'm halfway between laughter and tears. I'm a Cowboys fan until I die but these days, I often wonder if it's even worth it. When I see the figure head on our team talking about installing a college style offense and paying a guy that is the leader on the 24th ranked passing attack in the league, I die a little inside.

Who wants to play poker with Jerry?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL. Do you even read your comments, before you click "post reply"?

Here's basically what you said in a nutshell:

"Foles? He sucks, he's a system product. In the last 5 years, he's only been able to succeed with 3 different coaches."

They keep trying to get rid of Foles because allegedly he isn't any good. And every time they circle back to him, he balls out like crazy. The system isn't even built around him. And he still produces.

Heck yeah, I want that guy. I'm sure we'll disagree but if we had Nick Foles under center this year, we'd be the #1 seed heading into the playoffs.
I know you believe that crap. It’s jusy your opinion. Nothing to base that off us. Anyone with eyes knows he’s a fraud. And Foles had Peterson in KC with Andy Reid. He’s not a 3 year pro. He’s sucked the majority of his career. I’m guessing you missed the Falcons game they should’ve lost?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, but ultimately, he's always had at least 2 receivers who were good enough to bail him out, along with a very good defense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd rather pay someone clutch like Foles than what I've seen from Dak so far. Let me ask you this. People here had dreams of another set of triplets. in 2016 we though we had Dak and Zeek and only needed a wideout to complete the triplets. Who in 2018 thinks we have the triplets? Zeek is triplet worthy. Coop is triplet worthy. what's missing?
I know you would. You guys believe everyone is better than what we have. Same crowd that wanted Romo out of here. And who cares about triplets? What triplets did the Eagles have last year or the Ravens? Or the Giants? Or the Packers?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I know you would. You guys believe everyone is better than what we have. Same crowd that wanted Romo out of here. And who cares about triplets? What triplets did the Eagles have last year or the Ravens? Or the Giants? Or the Packers?

Foles won a superbowl against the Pats. That's about as clutch as you can get. And the whole triplet thing seems to have went swoosh. If Zeek and Coop are good enough to be 2/3 of the triplets, then what's missing here if nobody things we have a new set of triplets?

Nav22

Reaction score
Can he hit an open receiver two steps behind his coverage?

If so, he doesn't have as many warts as Dak does
You’re smoking crack if you think Dak isn’t better than Eli “Trash” Manning.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Eli can’t even hit one of the best receivers in the league in stride. Do you read your posts before you press reply?

Who was throwing the ball when OBJ was putting up huge numbers?

If you want to say Eli has lost some skills as he's aged I wouldn't disagree. But 6-10 years ago different story

He and Beckham were prolific the first few years together

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only 9 QBs have more time to throw than Dak, yet only 1 (rather than 21) has been sacked more often.

So either no one is open (doubtful), he can't find them (possible), or he's reluctant to pull the trigger (most likely).

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw
Earlier in the year, a couple of the WR's made comments about being open since they were getting some heat so I made it a point to watch for that and they were right, they were NFL open. But with some of the coverages the DC's were throwing up, Dak was apprehensive. Better safe than sorry.

It is not only the ability to read more exotic D's that separates the college QB's from the pros but the separation that NFL receivers get as opposed to college where most QB's can make the throws. Takes confidence and a lack of fear and I think he suffers from Alex Smith disease. He and Rodgers came in at the same time and from an accuracy standpoint, they're really close; however, Rodgers gets NFL open a lot better than Smith. Which is why TE's always did better for Smith and not so good for Rodgers. Rodgers is always looking to make plays, Smith is looking not to make mistakes. That is Dak. But he will get a really nice payday playing it safe.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Now?

Probably not

8-10 years ago? Different story

What has Dak shown to be better than Eli?

More sacks, more fumbles, less yards, less YPA. He is not near as accurate.

oh wait - he has run for more TD's

So now, somebody is going to tell me to watch the game and see and ignore the stats!

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What has Dak shown to be better than Eli?

More sacks, more fumbles, less yards, less YPA. He is not near as accurate.

oh wait - he has run for more TD's

So now, somebody is going to tell me to watch the game and see and ignore the stats!

I did not mean to say that Dak was better than Eli right now.
I just mean that Eli right now is not necessarily better than Dak. Honestly I think they are fairly equivalent. I think maybe with his experience Eli might be able to take better advantage of opportunities. IE Gallup repeatedly open behind the defense. Some of those throws, Eli could have made.

Eli is 37 and his skills have diminished. That's not a slam, just reality.

I think you look at those 2 over the past year or 2, their production is similar in nature.
In his prime, Eli was a significantly better quarterback than Dak Prescott. Not even close.