Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

aikemirv

Reaction score
By any reasonable metric, Dak is the superior QB.

I noticed you left out “passer rating”, which is an accumulation of many passing stats.

Gee, I wonder why!
:laugh:
Passer rating-you mean that whole 2 points?

Reasonable metric like what?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
“I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought, “Ok, well Romo’s going to bail us out,” or “we’re down by fourteen, Romo’s going to do this,” or “we’re up by fourteen, Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.” No, no, no. They didn’t believe. There is something about (Dak) in that locker room that they all rally behind.”

Yup....I don’t think Romo ever had command of that locker room ever.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
They better get a new offense in Dallas, because the scheme in town now does not compliment Dak's skill set.

Well, you need All Pros at every position to compliment his skillset. And that includes the defense too.

Woodson doesnt have to take responsibility for his statement. Cheap talk.

But i do have to agree about Romo. Romo did live in his own world. He made his plays his calls. If players did get it good. If not, not good. He overestimated his own talent. Parcells always told him. Romo never did get it. See the outcome. Loser. I am not a fan of Daks talent. He is not the answer. But if i had to chose. In a heartbeat it would be Dak over Romo anytime anywhere.

Id rather lose with a responsible player like dak then an clown like Romo.

Last edited:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Wow, Romo owe Woodson money? How many comebacks has each QB led in his career?

I would be willing to bet there are some players on the Romo teams that would take exception with Woodson's characterization of their sideline.

So, you're in a shootout, which QB do you want?

Dak. We all know Romo will choke.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Exactly what evidence do you of Dak's superior leadership and grit, other than comments of people like Woodson?

Get back to me when Dak comes out of the locker room with broken ribs and a punctured lung and throws the game winning pass in overtime to Jessie freaking Holley, after changing the play sent in from the sidelines.

If people think Dak is a "leader" that's fine. I'm not sold but I understand opinions vary. That said, this droning mantra from Woodson and others that Dak is miles above Romo in terms of "desire" and "grit" and "leadership" is a heaping pile of bull-sh**. Nothing more, nothing less.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. He’s also the same guy who tried to go back in the game with a broken collarbone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Foles won a superbowl against the Pats. That's about as clutch as you can get. And the whole triplet thing seems to have went swoosh. If Zeek and Coop are good enough to be 2/3 of the triplets, then what's missing here if nobody things we have a new set of triplets?
Foles made defensive stops too?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who was throwing the ball when OBJ was putting up huge numbers?

If you want to say Eli has lost some skills as he's aged I wouldn't disagree. But 6-10 years ago different story

He and Beckham were prolific the first few years together
Odell made him look good. His catch radius is sick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
was the playbook outdated and predictable in 2016? Or could a simplified playbook because of who the quarterback is be confused as being outdated and being predictable?
It’s been outdated and predictable back when Romo was here. You don’t remember those games where players would laugh at how predictable is? Dak and Zeke made this offense look functional in 2016...Garrett gets no credit for that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought, “Ok, well Romo’s going to bail us out,” or “we’re down by fourteen, Romo’s going to do this,” or “we’re up by fourteen, Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.” No, no, no. They didn’t believe. There is something about (Dak) in that locker room that they all rally behind.”

Because someone who wasn't even on the team when he was the QB thinks he knows what Romo's teammates were thinking?

dckid

Reaction score
I had a wart when I was in college, between work and school I didn't have time to go to the doctor. So, I went to the shop at work, cut it out with a box blade and the grinded a welding rod until it got red hot and stuck it in the middle of the wound. Burned the hell out of it. It never came back and heeled quite nicely. The wart is Linehans offense, it needs to be cut out and his playbook needs to be burned.
Didn’t that leave a scar? Well lucky for us the Cowboys are the richest team in the league. No need to have a hammer as our only tool. Develop Dak with better coaching and DO NOT pay him before he earns it. Play chicken with him the the Ravens did with Flacco we literally have nothing to lose.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I was under the impression the big "pro Dak" argument was that winning is the only thing that matters. Wouldn't that mean winning SBs trumps all else?

This x1000. Going purely by what should matter and not stat heroes.

Eli = 2 SB rings
Romo = 2 playoff wins, 0 SB rings
Dak = 0 playoff wins

Eli > Romo > Dak

Until Dak wins more than 2 playoff wins and/or SB this is the pecking order. Who cares about stats, passer rating, etc. All that matters is the W. Dak slobberers and haters should know this but little admit to it.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yep. Despite average 6 more points per game than the Cowboys are scoring, they'll miss the playoffs.

On this we might actually agree--
you pay a guy that kind of QB money, it inhibits your ability to pay some of the other guys.

Russ Wilson in Seattle, the same. They paid him big time, they had to let some other guys go. Wilson is actually carrying that team more now than when they were winning championships, but they're not going as far.

All the more reason not to pay Dak "going rate" for a franchise QB. #1, I don't think he's in Ryan's league. But even if he were, how does that affect our ability to re sign Cooper, Zeke, Martin, Frederick, Jaylon, VanderEsch, Lawrence, etc, who are (at least in my estimation) much more responsible for our winning this year than Dak is.

Bottom line--you pay a guy $30 million a year, he better be supernatural. And even if he is (as is the case with Ryan this year) it still might not be enough.
If your guy can't give you 4300-4500 yards and 30+ TD, then move on and don't pay him. Pay your defense and your trench guys instead.

thoughts?

Who do you pay, where do you find a qb? You ready for the qb carousel? Your going to pay market value for a qb, no matter who you bring in.

lockster

Reaction score

You can't say a thing for sure, you know why? you weren't part of the team!!! Dak instills no faith in me at all. I only have faith in the other players on the team. I love Woodson as player , but he has no concept of the position, if he's trying to support Dak over Romo , it's ridiculous not only based on the numbers but the eye test. Even most analyst know what Dak is. Wake up you guys, don't drink the Woodson kool aid. Woodson is probably spending his money on crack right now it seems.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
ffs no kidding. Where did you see me say I thought we would? Why why why are you struggling with this so much? Are you arguing just to argue? Do you actually have a point to be made that isn't just repeating back to me things I already said?

I may have crossed conversations with Boysforlife, but back to the 4th round thing, getting paid won't change his draft position or speed up the development process, so it's still relevant even if he gets paid.

lockster

Reaction score
Well, you need All Pros at every position to compliment his skillset. And that includes the defense too.

Woodson doesnt have to take responsibility for his statement. Cheap talk.

But i do have to agree about Romo. Romo did live in his own world. He made his plays his calls. If players did get it good. If not, not good. He overestimated his own talent. Parcells always told him. Romo never did get it. See the outcome. Loser. I am not a fan of Daks talent. He is not the answer. But if i had to chose. In a heartbeat it would be Dak over Romo anytime anywhere.

Id rather lose with a responsible player like dak then an clown like Romo.
well losing is what you get with Dak. Romo showed in 30 seconds on his last drive on this team , why he was the man. You need to justify ur ad hominen attack on Romo to justify his being a clown, otherwise ur statement is just an arbitrary fallacious statement. invalid.