Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You constantly rag on the OL. At least own that

Ive never said its ONLY the Oline. In fact, ive said over and over again he hasn't developed good pocket presence yet.

He also gets away from sacks with his big frame and mobility.

Yet none of you give me an reasonable answer to why we have gone from 28 to 32 to 54 sacks Dak being the QB all 3 years and him getting more experience yet sack going up.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Well :lmao:is what some of us here are doing that keep seeing people here want to pay an unproven quarterback who has been looking average to below average top dollar. I'd rather pay a quarterback that is proven -- superbowl -- than one who is not. Besides the dak crowd said that dak was clutch, so they admire clutch, well Foles is more clutch than dak at this boy. Hmm they admire a "leader" too, well Foles lead a team to a super bowl and managed to win it against one of the most efficiently run organization in the league.

Dre11

Reaction score
Who will no longer be a winner once you pay him $30 million, because you can't pay all the other people who were actually carrying him

So you say, you're not winning going cheap that's for sure

Dre11

Reaction score
Well :lmao:is what some of us here are doing that keep seeing people here want to pay an unproven quarterback who has been looking average to below average top dollar. I'd rather pay a quarterback that is proven -- superbowl -- than one who is not. Besides the dak crowd said that dak was clutch, so they admire clutch, well Foles is more clutch than dak at this boy. Hmm they admire a "leader" too, well Foles lead a team to a super bowl and managed to win it against one of the most efficiently run organization in the league.

10 games? ....lol

Dre11

Reaction score
We're gonna pay big bucks to a QB who can't throw and has more flaws than forged Dollar bill ......lol...oh Jerry you have out done yourself ..this will be a bigger goofball move then when you let Jimmy walk....:omg:

But he wins. That's all that matters.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
You're intentionally leaving out the word "franchise".

$30 Million is the market rate for a franchise QB.
if you think dak is a Franchise QB, then it's not extraordinary.

if you don't believe Dak is a franchise QB, then it's extraordinary.

I wonder if some people think 'franchise' and 'elite' are synonyms.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
He's going to get paid what he's worth.

"Worth" as in according to what the crazy googly eyed owner and delusional fan base things, or worth as what we've seen from 2017 to 2018, an average to below average, 4th round pick, that is being carried by the defense, the running back and his top receiver? I mean come on, if Zeek is having a hell of a season -- leagues leading rusher -- and Cooper is having a hell of a season -- a top receiver in the league in the time span he has been here, then why doesn't it cross anybody mind that we have a new set of triplets? I've asked this, and the most I've gotten from the dak crowd is something like having the triplets is over rated, since other successfuly teams in the leagues do it without them. XD But come on there something wrong, if Dak is so great, worth paying top dollar for, then where is the missing piece in the triplet puzzle. To have a set of players being worthy of the brand, the have to be all young enough for the lable, so throwing in an older QB like romo you wouldn't get the triplets now. But if it were a young romo, zeek and coop then I would think I have the triplets again, but Dak accuracy and pocket awareness is so bad that nobody sane is even thinking it right now that we have the tripplets. What further proof do you need that he is not the franchise guy? All I keep hearing is: "With the right coaching and supporting cast, he might be great ... someday ..." Yup someday ... frachise guy, lets pay him top dollar.

Dre11

Reaction score
After back to back Super Bowl appearances, how many times have the Seahawks made it out of the divisional round since Wilson got paid?

(And PS, Dak can't hold Wilson's jock)

Who cares about the Seahawks? Their issues isn't ours. You draft right , you replenish talent.

Dre11

Reaction score
"Worth" as in according to what the crazy googly eyed owner and delusional fan base things, or worth as what we've seen from 2017 to 2018, an average to below average, 4th round pick, that is being carried by the defense, the running back and his top receiver? I mean come on, if Zeek is having a hell of a season -- leagues leading rusher -- and Cooper is having a hell of a season -- a top receiver in the league in the time span he has been here, then why doesn't it cross anybody mind that we have a new set of triplets? I've asked this, and the most I've gotten from the dak crowd is something like having the triplets is over rated, since other successfuly teams in the leagues do it without them. XD But come on there something wrong, if Dak is so great, worth paying top dollar for, then where is the missing piece in the triplet puzzle. To have a set of players being worthy of the brand, the have to be all young enough for the lable, so throwing in an older QB like romo you wouldn't get the triplets now. But if it were a young romo, zeek and coop then I would think I have the triplets again, but Dak accuracy and pocket awareness is so bad that nobody sane is even thinking it right now that we have the tripplets. What further proof do you need that he is not the franchise guy? All I keep hearing is: "With the right coaching and supporting cast, he might be great ... someday ..." Yup someday ... frachise guy, lets pay him top dollar.

Again, he will get paid what he's worth, whether you like it or not.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Who said they were in a rush?

You do realize that if we pay him. And we probably going to pay Cooper, because it wouldn't be logical for the trade otherwise. And we are going to pay D.Law. That we can't afford Zeek then, who many of us think is our best player. Even the Dak crowd doesn't seem to think that Dak is our best player, because they keep telling us he needs all these pieces to work and then he'll be great, maybe... Well how good is Dak without Zeek? It is pure logic to pay Dak and not Zeek and have Dak suck because he doesn't have Zeek who statistically as other have pointed out sucks when Zeek isn't there helping him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most QB's have a better system, better Oline, OC, better pass catchers, more time with the receiver.

In fact, when Dak had a better Oline ONLY, how well did he do? As a rookie?
A bad QB can make a whole system look worse, along with everyone around him.

When Dak was a rookie, he had the best O-line he could ask for, and Zeke, Witten, and Dez. Plus, opposing defenses knew very little about him in the first half of the season. Saying he had a "better Oline ONLY" is intentionally understating his situation.

Dre11

Reaction score
You do realize that if we pay him. And we probably going to pay Cooper, because it wouldn't be logical for the trade otherwise. And we are going to pay D.Law. That we can't afford Zeek then, who many of us think is our best player. Even the Dak crowd doesn't seem to think that Dak is our best player, because they keep telling us he needs all these pieces to work and then he'll be great, maybe... Well how good is Dak without Zeek? It is pure logic to pay Dak and not Zeek and have Dak suck because he doesn't have Zeek who statistically as other have pointed out sucks when Zeek isn't there helping him.

The most important position on the field is the Qb, if they feel they have a starting qb, you pay him and let the rest play, you have no idea if they can pay Zeke or not.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Most QB's have a better system, better Oline, OC, better pass catchers, more time with the receiver.

In fact, when Dak had a better Oline ONLY, how well did he do? As a rookie?

Lets not make a mistake here, he did well as a rookie because he was an unknown and teams played the full field against him versus 2/3 of the field as they do now. The Dak crowd likes to bring up the rookie season over and over again, and then pretend that the reality changed once defensive coordinators got footage on Dak and started stacking the box against zeek since they don't respect his deep game. Cooper has help a lot in this regard, but defenses are still playing to stop the run, and do you blame them given the passing chart that Dak had this last game where only three passes were completed above 15 yards?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
He has a year left, after next year, he's a free agent, you can wait. Or IF he goes deep in the playoffs, you better get him signed at the end of this year, or you could be looking at a Cousin's issue.

Yes, because all these other teams are lining up to sign, and steal him away from us. :laugh: If he proves that he is worth it this playoffs than by all due means pay the man. but you guys are talking about paying him now at the expense of Zeek.