Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

Dre11

Reaction score
Lets not make a mistake here, he did well as a rookie because he was an unknown and teams played the full field against him versus 2/3 of the field as they do now. The Dak crowd likes to bring up the rookie season over and over again, and then pretend that the reality changed once defensive coordinators got footage on Dak and started stacking the box against zeek since they don't respect his deep game. Cooper has help a lot in this regard, but defenses are still playing to stop the run, and do you blame them given the passing chart that Dak had this last game where only three passes were completed above 15 yards?

Wins

Dre11

Reaction score
Yes, because all these other teams are lining up to sign, and steal him away from us. :laugh: If he proves that he is worth it this playoffs than by all due means pay the man. but you guys are talking about paying him now at the expense of Zeek.

You don't know who will line up . You're guessing. You also don't know if they'll be able to sign Zeke or not. You're just blowing smoke

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Who cares about the Seahawks? Their issues isn't ours. You draft right , you replenish talent.
Right. That was just an easy and recent example

How many Super Bowls have the Packers been to since ARod started getting paid $20 million plus. Same question, Steelers and Ben. And so on

But, hey, maybe Jerry Jones is the dream GM that can do what no other franchise other than NE has done. Yeah. I like our chances

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Who will no longer be a winner once you pay him $30 million, because you can't pay all the other people who were actually carrying him

Yup. Zeek will be gone. There just won't be enough money to pay big contracts to Dak, Cooper, D.Law, and then Zeek. What is Dak win percentage again without Zeek?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Ive never said its ONLY the Oline. In fact, ive said over and over again he hasn't developed good pocket presence yet.

He also gets away from sacks with his big frame and mobility.

Yet none of you give me an reasonable answer to why we have gone from 28 to 32 to 54 sacks Dak being the QB all 3 years and him getting more experience yet sack going up.
Part of that is on the OL. No Fred and a Rookie started at LG until Su'a Filo came in and helped shore things has been a big factor. I do think the OL is better than it was last season.

But let's be clear, Dak has a lot of work to do. However, I don't think he has had the benefit of good coaching or even the proper type of offense to help him succeed.

Jeez, the play-calling doesn't even stick with what makes them a success, Zeke.

Dre11

Reaction score
Right. That was just an easy and recent example

How many Super Bowls have the Packers been to since ARod started getting paid $20 million plus. Same question, Steelers and Ben. And so on

But, hey, maybe Jerry Jones is the dream GM that can do what no other franchise other than NE has done. Yeah. I like our chances

So again, what's your answer? You need a qb, you ready to go the qb carousel route again? you're not winning in that scenario.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yup. Zeek will be gone. There just won't be enough money to pay big contracts to Dak, Cooper, D.Law, and then Zeek. What is Dak win percentage again without Zeek?

You have no idea, who will be gone and who will be here. Finding a back is easier Han finding a qb.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You don't know who will line up . You're guessing. You also don't know if they'll be able to sign Zeke or not. You're just blowing smoke

It's been a constant topic among analyst, for example local radio in Dallas, where pretty much everyone I've heard talking about the subject has been saying that they don't see how we are going to pay big contracts for Dak, Cooper, D.Law and Zeek. Most think that Zeek will be the casualty. It's not smoke if its been talked about in the media multiple times by people who watch the cowboys for a living. You sound like you rather remain happily ignorant of the dilemma until it happens, all the while touting that Dak needs more quality of players around him to have a shot to win. It seems like lunacy to me that if you keep Dak that you lose our best player Zeek and expect to win. I rather do the following 1) let Dak prove himself and don't rush to pay him, and if he doesn't work out by the end of next season, offer him a low end contract, and let him *try* to find a better contract on another team. Heck if he doesn't do well, there will be no other team wanting him. And then draft a qb in the 2020 draft. or 2) if you want to pay top dollar for a quarterback that is worth the money, go with the winner, the one that one the games that matter, and get foles. I'm not going to pay top dollar for someone who is playing like he is a backup quarterback right now, who seems to be carried by zeek, coop and the d.

Dre11

Reaction score
It's been a constant topic among analyst, for example local radio in Dallas, where pretty much everyone I've heard talking about the subject has been saying that they don't see how we are going to pay big contracts for Dak, Cooper, D.Law and Zeek. Most think that Zeek will be the casualty. It's not smoke if its been talked about in the media multiple times by people who watch the cowboys for a living. You sound like you rather remain happily ignorant of the dilemma until it happens, all the while touting that Dak needs more quality of players around him to have a shot to win. It seems like lunacy to me that if you keep Dak that you lose our best player Zeek and expect to win. I rather do the following 1) let Dak prove himself and don't rush to pay him, and if he doesn't work out by the end of next season, offer him a low end contract, and let him *try* to find a better contract on another team. Heck if he doesn't do well, there will be no other team wanting him. And then draft a qb in the 2020 draft. or 2) if you want to pay top dollar for a quarterback that is worth the money, go with the winner, the one that one the games that matter, and get foles. I'm not going to pay top dollar for someone who is playing like he is a backup quarterback right now, who seems to be carried by zeek, coop and the d.

Who cares what analysts says, they have no idea who's going to be signed and who isn't
Wins that matter would be Foles? Wins that Matter > Wins

Again 10 games? Let's see him do it over a full season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lets draft an offensive lineman every year.

Ya more Off lineman for the Dak man...lol...we already have around 250 million in cap contract dollars invested there so lets spend more money for the offline.....all for Dak ...heck if Cooper doesn't pick it up baby cut him and get Julio Jones in here asap....DAK DAK DAK DAK.....58 years of Dallas Cowboy Glory and history means 0 compared to doing our best to make Dak DAK DAK DAK a quality QB......:eek:

Some of this fan base here should have there social security # checked for income received from Dak's PR guy....

Dre11

Reaction score
We won those games because of Dak or despite of him? How was the win percentage before the Coop trade? What is Dak win percentage when Zeek is not playing?

We won those games with him at Qb. its not difficult. He's made plays in every win, that helped the team win.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The most important position on the field is the Qb, if they feel they have a starting qb, you pay him and let the rest play, you have no idea if they can pay Zeke or not.

I love it. :) at ever other point, the dak crowd says the the organization is incompetent in decision making, but when it comes to the our owner who is as crazy as Al Davis blurting out before contract negotion that he is going to pay Dak because he believes in him. their response is: Genius!

JBond

Reaction score
They better get a new offense in Dallas, because the scheme in town now does not compliment Dak's skill set.
What exactly is his skill set? Just curious about your opinion. I think he may be a better spread/fast pace guy, but his poor accuracy and fundamentals scare me.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
So again, what's your answer? You need a qb, you ready to go the qb carousel route again? you're not winning in that scenario.

Why would we be on a carousel if we signed someone else to a 3-4 year deal instead of Dak?

And I got news for you. Aside from QB, we have better offensive talent right now than Foles had in Philly when he won a Super Bowl

I still think Foles at $15-20 mil a year would be a highly preferable solution to Dak at $30 million

Dre11

Reaction score
I love it. :) at ever other point, the dak crowd says the the organization is incompetent in decision making, but when it comes to the our owner who is as crazy as Al Davis blurting out before contract negotion that he is going to pay Dak because he believes in him. their response is: Genius!

You said their incompetent, you never heard me say anything close to that. This team has plenty young talent, and if they continue to draft well, they will always have talent wai