Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

Dre11

Reaction score
Why would we be on a carousel if we signed someone else to a 3-4 year deal instead of Dak?

And I got news for you. Aside from QB, we have better offensive talent right now than Foles had in Philly when he won a Super Bowl

I still think Foles at $15-20 mil a year would be a highly preferable solution to Dak at $30 million

Lol:lmao: glad you're not running the team

JBond

Reaction score
Players are constantly developing. After the 2nd full year starting, the game should have slowed down for him and he should be showing a strong progression in his playing skills, instead he is showing signs of regressing. It's not going to be perfect, but it should be constantly improving. Unfortunately, it could be the Cowboys themselves holding the guy back.
All the relevant numbers have declined year after year. This was supposed to be his "show us" year. Not so great. Only a fool would give him big money.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We won those games with him at Qb. its not difficult. He's made plays in every win, that helped the team win.

We still seeing him over and under throw guys all the time, and we hear plenty of analysts local and national say that he had a horrible game in some of those wins.

Dre11

Reaction score
We still seeing him over and under throw guys all the time, and we hear plenty of analysts local and national say that he had a horrible game in some of those wins.

Again, who cares what the analysts say, they're rarely right. He's made plays in every win that helped the team win.

Dre11

Reaction score

While you're talking about analysts, you have one right here in Woodson saying "pay the man":lmao:
I guess you only listen to ones who say what you want to hear:rolleyes:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What exactly is his skill set? Just curious about your opinion. I think he may be a better spread/fast pace guy, but his poor accuracy and fundamentals scare me.
West Coast; quick hitting to intermediate passing game using it as an extension of the running game. More use of RPO with run and gun plays to keep D off balance . I do like the spread better for him. Dak is better on the move and not that naked boot BS. Mix in some 5 step drops and a heavy dose of play action considering who the RB is, and never, ever get away from handing the ball to #21.

Don't think Dak will ever become a pocket passer, but if anyone can work hard enough and get there, it is Dak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
What exactly is his skill set? Just curious about your opinion. I think he may be a better spread/fast pace guy, but his poor accuracy and fundamentals scare me.

They going to say leader, because some guy in the locker room said so. The same locker room where we heard some player recently say they want to continue being coaches by their leader Jason Garrett recently. so you have that. ;)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You said their incompetent, you never heard me say anything close to that. This team has plenty young talent, and if they continue to draft well, they will always have talent wai

You guys do bring up that they haven't put the right players in front of zeek: we need more offensive linemen. and you guys do bring up that the coaching they been sticking by the same way they been sticking by Dak needs to go. Either they are doing things right or they are not.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
All the relevant numbers have declined year after year. This was supposed to be his "show us" year. Not so great. Only a fool would give him big money.
Looking at what is out there in FA and the options in the draft, I don't know if they have a choice. They had better get a coach in for him and tweak that offense.

Dre11

Reaction score
You guys do bring up that they haven't put the right players in front of zeek: we need more offensive linemen. and you guys do bring up that the coaching they been sticking by the same way they been sticking by Dak needs to go. Either they are doing things right or they are not.

You guys? I never said anything remotely close. You're confused

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe the coaches have looked at daks abilities and are stymied by his weak skill set. They can't run him on every play. They know he can managed a short yard throwing offense and that's what we run. His throwing charts show this very well.
What does he do well?

The eagles looked at Foles, and have taken what he does well and used it in their game plan.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah, because the best analysts go by "it" factor.

Well,

David Helman
@HelmanDC

Digging through stats for a story I’m writing. Here’s a thing: in his first three seasons, Dak is averaging more yards per completion than Brady, Brees & Luck, and he’s averaging more yards per game than Ben, Brady, Brees, Russ & Ryan.