Would the Patriots re-sign Lawrence?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gronk saved Brady many a time the last 5+ years. Let's see how great Brady will look this season without Gronk.
The Genius of the Patriots here we go again. One player does not make a difference. They will fill the void.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They have Brady. We have Dak.
Brady is the sum of the parts; Dak is a part of the sum.
Give us Brady, and I'd let Tank walk too.
When Brady went to his first Super Bowl against the Rams. It was the Brilliance quality of the defense that won that Super Bowl. I'm not saying Prescott will ever be Brady I won't even try to compare him to early in his career

GMO415

Reaction score
No but, then again they have one of the best QBs of all time.......

Galian Beast

Reaction score
No, they wouldn't. They would have traded him for a 1st round draft pick already.

The most expensive player on the Patriots is Tom Brady at 15 million per year.

Followed by CB Stephon Gilmore at 13 million per year. Followed by Micheal Bennett at 10 million per year...

20+ million for an oft-injured, oft-suspended, often underperforming player is ridiculous.

75boyz

Reaction score
No, they wouldn't. They would have traded him for a 1st round draft pick already.

The most expensive player on the Patriots is Tom Brady at 15 million per year.

Followed by CB Stephon Gilmore at 13 million per year. Followed by Micheal Bennett at 10 million per year...

20+ million for an oft-injured, oft-suspended, often underperforming player is ridiculous.

Very nicely stated...

75boyz

Reaction score
The whole "game disappearances" thing is hyperbole. He plays 100mph every play and is one of the most disruptive players in the league. As with CB play not being all about picks, DE play isn't all about sacks.

I agree that his injury history injury is worrisome, but I think you have to gamble on getting at least 3 more strong years from him and construct the contract in such a way that reflects that. In other words, all guaranteed money in first 3 years.

I think I could be convinced of a 3 year deal if the ability to escape from it after 3 is structured as you say with the up front guarantees.

In my personal opinion, I thought he lost a lot of juice down the last stretch of games of the season, including playoffs. I thought Gregory showed up a little more even.
Felt similarly about Byron at corner. Fast outta the gate for sure but definitely sorely lacking as a closer. And again I thought his running mate, in this case Awuzie, had better performances over the last few games.

Not a huge Jones fan and your picks comment may be somewhat accurate but when I heard that 22 cornerbacks had at least 3 picks in 2018, and 23 corners had at least 3 in 2017, it kinda further soured me on his game changing ability and being paid as a alpha dog. And yes, Im aware of pass break ups. Just my opinion.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Almost certainly not
The last two times they were in this almost exact position, they let the player walk
Chandler Jones? Adios
Trey Flowers? See ya later

The Pats are the Pats though.

They have Hoodie and Brady. We don't.

starfan1

Reaction score
I detect a lot of sass in your comment.

Lawrence is also a much better player than Flowers.
Better? Perhaps but certainly not a lot better lawerence May play the run better but flowers gets after the QB

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When Brady went to his first Super Bowl against the Rams. It was the Brilliance quality of the defense that won that Super Bowl. I'm not saying Prescott will ever be Brady I won't even try to compare him to early in his career
And his second and his third and his fourth and his fifth wins?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't get these threads.

Tom Brady = GOAT
Bill Belichick = GOAT

We can talk about Kraft being a sick perv, but as an owner, he should also be talked about as one of the best to ever own a franchise in ANY sport.

Put all 3 together and you can allow great players to walk. We don't have a GOAT in anything on our team right now. They have 3.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No argument here, except the 2017 Witten was not the same, thus why he took the tv job. Failed at that 1 year later, now he's back? Yikes.
Why would a Hall of Fame tight end stay on a team that's the third youngest overall. Start from scratch. Last season I believe he realized this is not a fluke. He was Tony Romo's security blanket. In the Philadelphia game Dak Prescott pulled a classic Tony Romo spin out and hit Jason Witten in the end zone for a winning touchdown

cern

Reaction score
I don't get these threads.

Tom Brady = GOAT
Bill Belichick = GOAT

We can talk about Kraft being a sick perv, but as an owner, he should also be talked about as one of the best to ever own a franchise in ANY sport.

Put all 3 together and you can allow great players to walk. We don't have a GOAT in anything on our team right now. They have 3.
i don't consider a widower who is closer to 80 than 70 seeking a happy ending a perv. just someone who made a poor error in judgment. no doubt he was wanting to avoid a credit card trail. but belichik is the greatest coach ever in the history of the nfl and tom is right at the top for greatest qb ever. and kraft is one of the best owners ever in sports.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i don't consider a widower who is closer to 80 than 70 seeking a happy ending is a perv. just someone who made a poor error in judgment. no doubt he was wanting to avoid a credit card trail. but belichik is the greatest coach ever in the history of the nfl and tom is right at the top for greatest qb ever. and kraft is one of the best owners ever in sports.
People don't realize he's a single man. He wasn't cheating on anybody.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
i don't consider a widower who is closer to 80 than 70 seeking a happy ending a perv. just someone who made a poor error in judgment. no doubt he was wanting to avoid a credit card trail. but belichik is the greatest coach ever in the history of the nfl and tom is right at the top for greatest qb ever. and kraft is one of the best owners ever in sports.

I think a man his age going to a clinic to get women do something like that to him, which is illegal, to be quite perverted and shameful. Same as I would think he's a sick perv if he was caught with a prostitute - any man is.