Would you trade Zeke for a 2nd round pick?

John813

Reaction score
What happened to the GM that did that?

Somehow he survived through the draft into the season. What's crazy is had the Texans tread near .500/in play for the AFC South he may of survived till the end of the year.

I get your point, but man are/were the Texans poorly run. From ownership to FO.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Its my understanding that in a trade, the Cowboys would only be responsible for his non depreciated signing bonus, which is about $14.7m. That's $1m more than his cap number.

Effectively, you would save nothing off the cap. However, it would save a ton off subsequent years.

Zeke had one good game all year. I think that if he put in the effort, he could be 80% of the old Zeke but I'm not going to bank on that.

I would take the 2nd round pick in a heartbeat. You could probably draft a pretty good RB with that.

Last note: No way anyone makes this offer. Maybe a 4th or 5th because once the Cowboys take the cap hit, the new team really wouldn't be on the hook for much guaranteed money.

jsb357

Reaction score
Theres way too many 21 jerseys still on the racks.

They will continue to say how great he is.

jjright1.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somehow he survived through the draft into the season. What's crazy is had the Texans tread near .500/in play for the AFC South he may of survived till the end of the year.

I get your point, but man are/were the Texans poorly run. From ownership to FO.

Yes. As much as I can criticize the Jones boys, it could be worse...

sacase

Reaction score
don't forget his contract will be restructured so you got at least 3 to 4 years to go.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would take a 7th rounder , just to unload that contract.
Trade him to buffalo, and he can get faded in the snow.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes. Our cap could be better utilized

CWR

Reaction score
Its my understanding that in a trade, the Cowboys would only be responsible for his non depreciated signing bonus, which is about $14.7m. That's $1m more than his cap number.

Effectively, you would save nothing off the cap. However, it would save a ton off subsequent years.

Zeke had one good game all year. I think that if he put in the effort, he could be 80% of the old Zeke but I'm not going to bank on that.

I would take the 2nd round pick in a heartbeat. You could probably draft a pretty good RB with that.

Last note: No way anyone makes this offer. Maybe a 4th or 5th because once the Cowboys take the cap hit, the new team really wouldn't be on the hook for much guaranteed money.

If we can't execute a trade I really hope his regiment has an emphasis on recapturing his speed. Hes not fat, but he's added some bulk and I think its slowed him down.

fivetwos

Reaction score
His salary (or more specifically cap hit) is not fine. IMO teams shouldn't have that much cap space tied into one TB in today's NFL.
All respect my friend....that's what the next line meant.

Theres a ton of 21 defenders around here....I'm not on that list and never was.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If a team in the early to middle of the 2nd round offer their 2nd round pick for Zeke do you take it?

Given the cap hit they better make it (2) 2nd's or a 2nd and 3rd.....all within Top 5 of both rounds.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If a team in the early to middle of the 2nd round offer their 2nd round pick for Zeke do you take it?

I would give Zeke away for nothing and dance around and celebrate. I would actually give up a 5th rounder for him for someone to take him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
NO.
Why trade away one of the teams best players, and have no replacement. And don't say draft one, because you do not know what you will get.
Pollard is not the answer either. He showed he can't carry the load.

Leave it to the board bozo to get it all wrong again. LOL

The ENTIRE board seems to want Zeke gone, but the football guru/bozo like always, is on the wrong side of the analysis.

Motorola

Reaction score
Unfortunately you take a 10.8 mil cap hit if you trade Zeke.

so for that alone I wouldn’t.

Zeke can’t be moved on from until after next season
No ones giving a 2 for an overpaid underachieving RB.
Agreed. Unfortunately a 2nd is just waaay to high for him and his contract. Now, I could see a 4th to a team like JAX if Urban Meyer was taking the job, which is being supposedly being reported.
As of now, the report about Meyer is inaccurate.
The Jags have scheduled an interview with Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy and requested an interview with Falcons interim HC Raheem Morris.

As for the Zeke hypothetical...what team is going to offer a 2nd round pick for a RB with that contract whose abilities, production and effectiveness have steadily declined since his rookie season 6 years ago.
jblaze2004 been blazin' on a fat blunt to come up with that nugget...

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Ok thx.

I personally would do it and figure out how to absorb the hit.

If you dont, it's the same thing the year after when he has that much more mileage on him.

There isn't a SHOT Jerry does this so it's kinda moot.
There isn't a shot than ANY TEAM DOES THIS so IT IS MOOT.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I do not consider it.

One..consider the degrading of the OL due to injury.
The OL is intergral to Zeke running. So if the RB seems less than he was.so to is the 5 guys in front of him.

Two..understand the QB was playing better a few years back..not so much as now. Especially after his broken ankle.

Three..he is still working with an inexperienced OC who likes to throw 2-1 more than Linehan ever did

Four..Zeke has been injured the last year and a half. He did not take the hits early that he has done the last 2 years..