WR Matt Jones will fight for one of the remaining spots w/JAGs

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109644 said:
Thats just a stupid statement. I have an issue with ON THE FIELD character concerns. Like guys that don't play/practice hard or are afraid of contact.

The fact that TO is the anti-Matt Jones is precisely why I thought he would work well. Same with Pacman. They aren't soft pansies.

this soft pansies or how you call him isn't something that has been a problem his whole career or something that just started happening. I think a bad situation that he needs to get away from will improve his work ethic. Him shying away from contact isn't that big of a deal IMO since that is the norm for players in the NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2109641 said:
There is more to playing WR than catching the ball. Like running the routes you are asked to and blocking. Two things he doesn't like to do. He got benched as a wake up call.

Seems to have worked great.....

FuzzyLumpkins said:
Will you shut up with comparing our WR numbers with his. The argument blows and you should know that. It has ZERO context.

How about you compare the number of snaps each got and then compare the numbers or something meaningful and not compare guys that barely got any snaps to a guy that got nearly half the snaps last season.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it's the truth. You may place your faith in those three developing and contributing but I still have doubts.

FuzzyLumpkins said:
oh and how on Earth can you say that he performed well after he was activated again? He had 7 whole catches in the next 5 games. BRAVO.

i suppose your looking at that 8 catch game against the Dante Robinson-less Texans who didnt give a flip with the Jags team with something still to play for.

Yeah, I was referring to the Houston game when he actually got to play. He did a great job when he got the opportunity and showed he could play. More than Miles Austin has to date.....

FuzzyLumpkins said:
Whatever man the guy is a colossal flop and its not as if he has ever been something. He just insnt very good before you consider hes an ON THE FIELD headcase.

Do me a favor and tell me that Alvin Harper was a colossal flop for the Cowboys too?

Because Jones' numbers are better than Harper's were.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109660 said:
Seems to have worked great.....

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it's the truth. You may place your faith in those three developing and contributing but I still have doubts.

Yeah, I was referring to the Houston game when he actually got to play. He did a great job when he got the opportunity and showed he could play. More than Miles Austin has to date.....

Do me a favor and tell me that Alvin Harper was a colossal flop for the Cowboys too?

Because Jones' numbers are better than Harper's were.

It didn't hurt my feelings; its just a worthless argument. Hurd if he was lucky got 200 snaps last year, Austin 100 and Stanback 25. That is at the very high end

Sam Hurd still almost matched his production despite seeing nowhere as near as many snaps and never being the primary receiver

Sam Hurd
19 catches 314 yards 1 TD 16.5 YPC

Matt Jones
24 catches 317 yards 4 TD 13.2 YPC

Miles Austin
5 catches 76 yards 0 TD 15.2 YPC

AND FWIW

Alvin Harper 1994
33 cathces 821 yards 8 TD 24.9 YPC

So not only are Austin and Hurd better in yards and receptions they did it fewer snaps. Really you have lost about an credibility you may have had which was about none.

So basically you are putting all your eggs in a game where Houstin had nothing to play for and Jax did and combine and then just ignore everything else including his most recent egg. The dude just sucks.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109761 said:
It didn't hurt my feelings; its just a worthless argument. Hurd if he was lucky got 200 snaps last year, Austin 100 and Stanback 25. That is at the very high end

Sam Hurd still almost matched his production despite seeing nowhere as near as many snaps and never being the primary receiver

Sam Hurd

Matt Jones

Miles Austin

AND FWIW

Alvin Harper 1994

So not only are Austin and Hurd better in yards and receptions they did it fewer snaps. Really you have lost about an credibility you may have had which was about none.

So basically you are putting all your eggs in a game where Houstin had nothing to play for and Jax did and combine and then just ignore everything else including his most recent egg. The dude just sucks.

I don't see how you can attempt to even validate these arguments. The fact if the matter is that Jones played in 4 fewer games than both of these guys I don't see the need for comparison Jones was had a bad year however the numbers he put up far exceed that of Austin and Hurd combined and keep in mind that he has more TD's than both of them. I don't see the argument here Hurd and Austin are two WR clinging on to the bottom of our depth chart whereas Jones has all the tools to be an elite WR in the NFL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2109772 said:
I don't see how you can attempt to even validate these arguments. The fact if the matter is that Jones played in 4 fewer games than both of these guys I don't see the need for comparison Jones was had a bad year however the numbers he put up far exceed that of Austin and Hurd combined and keep in mind that he has more TD's than both of them. I don't see the argument here Hurd and Austin are two WR clinging on to the bottom of our depth chart whereas Jones has all the tools to be an elite WR in the NFL.

:lmao2:

You keep telling yourself that.

Im past the pint of trying to argue; its gotten to the point where you deserve to be laughed at.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109780 said:
:lmao2:

You keep telling yourself that.

Im past the pint of trying to argue; its gotten to the point where you deserve to be laughed at.

height and speed can't be taught he has both i don't understand where you are coming from however the only person that needs to be laughed at is yourself because your sense of reality and judgment is skeptical to the point i think you are on drugs are drunk posting.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DaBoys4Life;2109659 said:
this soft pansies or how you call him isn't something that has been a problem his whole career or something that just started happening. I think a bad situation that he needs to get away from will improve his work ethic. Him shying away from contact isn't that big of a deal IMO since that is the norm for players in the NFL.

WTH? :laugh2:

That is the norm? OK! Shying away from contact is "the norm for NFL players"?

The NFL is not flag football...

(some things really amaze me sometimes)...

:laugh2: :laugh2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2109800 said:
WTH? :laugh2:

That is the norm? OK! Shying away from contact is "the norm for NFL players"?

The NFL is not flag football...

(some things really amaze me sometimes)...

:laugh2: :laugh2:

So name how many players run and fight for the extra yards. Tell me how many players are willing to give up their body to make a catch. Tell me how many players take the big hit instead of dropping straight to the ground. Even the rules are changing so that the owners can protect their investments.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DaBoys4Life;2109803 said:
So name how many players run and fight for the extra yards. Tell me how many players are willing to give up their body to make a catch. Tell me how many players take the big hit instead of dropping straight to the ground.

No players in the NFL fight for yards. No players are willing to give up their bodies. All players drop to the ground.

:rolleyes:

:lmao2::laugh2: :lmao2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2109804 said:
No players in the NFL fight for yards. No players are willing to give up their bodies. All players drop to the ground.

:rolleyes:

:lmao2::laugh2: :lmao2:

Thats not what i said i asked how many and I bet you players like that are in the minority. The league is soft and so are the players I don't see how or why this is so funny to you. When it is obvious the way ther rules are geared and the way the players play.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2109761 said:

Sam Hurd

Matt Jones

Miles Austin

Let me know when Jones was the "primary" receiver in Jacksonville, OK? Despite the fact that he led the team in receiving in 2006, he didn't get to start in 2007.

FuzzyLumpkins said:
AND FWIW

Alvin Harper 1994

I'm sorry, I had no idea that Alvin Harper was drafted in 1994. But you just keep using whatever suits your argument regardless of fact.

FuzzyLumpkins said:

Sorry to break it to you, but I could really care less what you think of me personally. You can disagree with me on this subject without attacking me personally. Pick your fight with someone else.

FuzzyLumpkins said:

No, you just choose to cherry-pick whatever facts I bring up.

You knock the guy and say he sucks.

He put up better numbers than any Dallas receiver not named Owens or Crayton - in a down year spent in his coach's doghouse. He's got more physical ability than all but Owens as well.

He put up better numbers in his first three years than Alvin Harper did. (but you keep putting up Harper's year 4 numbers if you think you're fooling anybody)

It's your prerogative to put "all your eggs" in Glenn staying healthy, and three unknowns developing.

And it's mine to want to bring in an inexpensive alternative.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DaBoys4Life;2109805 said:
Thats not what i said i asked how many and I bet you players like that are in the minority. The league is soft and so are the players I don't see how or why this is so funny to you. When it is obvious the way ther rules are geared and the way the players play.

Anyone else besides me think this is flat out stupid? You or I would not last two downs in a NFL game, period!

Soft? Tell that to Witten who got his head ripped off! Tell that to MBIII! Tell that to to almost any dline or oline player! Hell, tell that to any NFL player...see what they say.

Unless you have ever strapped them on in an NFL game your opinion is worthless. Soft? Don't want contact? Drops to the ground? :laugh2:

Get real. I've heard it said that playing a game in the NFL is like getting into a car wreak 60 or 70 times a day.

Carry on...I'm done with this non-sense...

:lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2109809 said:
Anyone else besides me think this is flat out stupid? You or I would not last two downs in a NFL game, period!

Soft? Tell that to Witten who got his head ripped off! Tell that to MBIII! Tell that to to almost any dline or oline player! Hell, tell that to any NFL player...see what they say.

Unless you have ever strapped them on in an NFL game your opinion is worthless. Soft? Don't want contact? Drops to the ground?

Get real. I've heard it said that playing a game in the NFL is like getting into a car wreak 60 or 70 times a day.

I would point out that not all players are "physical", yet they can play the game.

Plenty of receivers are considered "soft" by some people, Marvin Harrison, Joey Galloway, and Chad Johnson come to mind.

Again, compare Jones' game to Alvin Harper's.

Harper wasn't a "physical" receiver either, nor was he considered a great route runner. But he provided a deep threat with good size and he did what he did well.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2109809 said:

Unless you have ever strapped them on in an NFL game your opinion is worthless. Soft? Don't want contact? Drops to the ground? :laugh2:

:lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I love how you still diverge from my questions and still don't answer the question however you pointed out witten and MB3 now how many players are their like that? hmmmm lets see that seems like a minority of players that plays like them. OL and D-Lineman maybe i should have just referenced skill position either way you slice it my points are still valid if you don't see players run out of bounds or drop to the ground after making catches then IDK what to say.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just an Matt Jones update from Jax camp....since he seems to be of some interest to some of you.

Del Rio says Troy Williamson has been suprisingly good--especially for a measily 6th round pick. The best by far has been Jerry Porter--who has completely separated himself from the pack as the new #1 WR. I not sure what to make of that. They have Northcut, R Williams and several others too...so Jones could be in trouble.

Fianlly, he said David Garrard has been "razor sharp" and has just built on what he was doing last year. They had one obvious down play today in the red zone---as Matt Jones dropped another touchdown pass.

Oh yeah, some of you may want to know that Paul Smith of Tulsa is shining so far and could be a new long term project there (like both Garrard was there and Romo was here). Cleo Lemon is struggling badly, so may have made a big mistake letting Quinn Gray leave via FA.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109806 said:
Let me know when Jones was the "primary" receiver in Jacksonville, OK? Despite the fact that he led the team in receiving in 2006, he didn't get to start in 2007.

I'm sorry, I had no idea that Alvin Harper was drafted in 1994. But you just keep using whatever suits your argument regardless of fact.

Sorry to break it to you, but I could really care less what you think of me personally. You can disagree with me on this subject without attacking me personally. Pick your fight with someone else.

No, you just choose to cherry-pick whatever facts I bring up.

You knock the guy and say he sucks.

He put up better numbers than any Dallas receiver not named Owens or Crayton - in a down year spent in his coach's doghouse. He's got more physical ability than all but Owens as well.

He put up better numbers in his first three years than Alvin Harper did. (but you keep putting up Harper's year 4 numbers if you think you're fooling anybody)

It's your prerogative to put "all your eggs" in Glenn staying healthy, and three unknowns developing.

And it's mine to want to bring in an inexpensive alternative.

You were wrong when you said that their combined numbers were lesser.

You were wrong on Harper; here is Harper's 3rd year in the NFL

36 catches 777 yards 5 TD 21.6 YPC

Any other untruths you want to put out there while you try and pimp your boy?

Oh and you put all your eggs in the basket of a guy that failed on a team needing receivers. he is behind D3ennis Northcutt on the depth chart.:lmao2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109842 said:
:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao2:

lets do it like this theirs 32 teams in the NFL 64 WR's that start. So lets see you name 33 WR that don't shy away from contact don't fall to the ground and lay their body on the line while going across the middle on a regular basis.

I will wait as long as it takes for your answer to this if you can't provide an answer then i believe that will prove that the majority of players shy away from contact. IF you do provide an answer and it isn't more than 32 then that will prove that isn't the norm.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2109847 said:
lets do it like this theirs 32 teams in the NFL 64 WR's that start. So lets see you name 33 WR that don't shy away from contact don't fall to the ground and lay their body on the line while going across the middle on a regular basis.

I will wait as long as it takes for your answer to this if you can't provide an answer then i believe that will prove that the majority of players shy away from contact. IF you do provide an answer and it isn't more than 32 then that will prove that isn't the norm.

Youre the one that made the comment that it was the norm. Its not up to me to prove what you say. I love this trend from people around here.

Fact is, it doesn't matter if other WR do it. Its not like its a desirable trait and the fact that he wont block and shags routes where he is not the first option is disgusting.

TO, Crayton, Hurd, and Austin willingly do whatever is asked of them. they will block they will run underneath and routhes over the middle. They work hard and they don't give up. In short they have heart something which Matt Jones completely lacks.

It doesn't matter anyway Jones has about as much of a chance of becoming a Cowboy as you do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2109841 said:
You were wrong when you said that their combined numbers were lesser.

Sorry, I meant that he had as many catches as the three combined. I had mentioned that earlier, guess I didn't there. But Jones had equal catches and more TD's, that says better to me.

FuzzyLumpkins said:
You were wrong on Harper; here is Harper's 3rd year in the NFL

36 catches 777 yards 5 TD 21.6 YPC

I stated that Jones' numbers in his first three years were better - not one. But that was a nice trick trying to use Harper's year 4 numbers. "Fuzzy" logic if ever I saw it.

FuzzyLumpkins said:
Any other untruths you want to put out there while you try and pimp your boy?

Don't talk to me about untruths when you're trying to slide Harper's year 4 numbers to compare to Matt Jones who hasn't even played 4 years. That's some blatant deception.

My information was accurate, if not worded clearly. Jones had the same number of catches that the three had combined (24), Hurd and Austin had more yards, Jones had more TD's. That's better numbers.

FuzzyLumpkins said:
Oh and you put all your eggs in the basket of a guy that failed on a team needing receivers. he is behind Dennis Northcutt on the depth chart.

Unlike Glenn, at least he's healthy enough to actually be on the field.......