WR Matt Jones will fight for one of the remaining spots w/JAGs

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109850 said:
Youre the one that made the comment that it was the norm. Its not up to me to prove what you say. I love this trend from people around here.

Fact is, it doesn't matter if other WR do it. Its not like its a desirable trait and the fact that he wont block and shags routes where he is not the first option is disgusting.

TO, Crayton, Hurd, and Austin willingly do whatever is asked of them. they will block they will run underneath and routhes over the middle. They work hard and they don't give up. In short they have heart something which Matt Jones completely lacks.

It doesn't matter anyway Jones has about as much of a chance of becoming a Cowboy as you do.

I think you are making a lot of assumptions about his character based off of this offseason. I don't know why you feel the need to drag me into the argument but whatever. It is the norm whether you want to accept the fact or not is up to you.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Youre the one that made the comment that it was the norm. Its not up to me to prove what you say. I love this trend from people around here.

Fact is, it doesn't matter if other WR do it. Its not like its a desirable trait and the fact that he wont block and shags routes where he is not the first option is disgusting.

TO, Crayton, Hurd, and Austin willingly do whatever is asked of them. they will block they will run underneath and routhes over the middle. They work hard and they don't give up. In short they have heart something which Matt Jones completely lacks.

It doesn't matter anyway Jones has about as much of a chance of becoming a Cowboy as you do.

Thank you, fuzzy! That cat wants to make a statement about "the norm" and wants one of us to prove him wrong? :laugh2: That is the "throwing crap against the wall hoping something will stick" trend.

Matt Jones shys away from physical contact so all players are like that.

This love fest for Matt Jones is absoutely crazy! He has done nothing in the NFL, yet...let's bring him to Dallas to SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!

:rolleyes:

:laugh2:

Stasharoo names three players that MIGHT have that trait (Marvin Harrison, Joey Galloway, and Chad Johnson), yet all NFL players play "soft"? And, I doubt Marvin Harrison is one that shys away from contact...

Absoutely amazing the things that come from some peoples minds!!

:eek: :laugh2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"Hey Austin, catch the ball!"

That doesn't happen. Hasn't for two seasons now.

FuzzyLumpkins said:

So why are you getting so worked up about it?

Why do you care so much then?

Maybe you should leave things to people who do want to talk about the subject?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2109860 said:
I think you are making a lot of assumptions about his character based off of this offseason. I don't know why you feel the need to drag me into the argument but whatever. It is the norm whether you want to accept the fact or not is up to you.

Sure thing bucko. Its the norm because you say so.... :lmao2:

And these questions have been around since his second year in the league. He wont fight for the ball on bad throws and a myriad of other issues. It is not just this off season.

He really pissed off Jags fans in 2006 when down the stretch and with them jockeying for playoff position he didnt even try and tackle a Titans defender and the guy took it to the house and broke the game open.

When the going gets tough Matt Jones runs and hides.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109863 said:
"Hey Austin, catch the ball!"

That doesn't happen. Hasn't for two seasons now.

So why are you getting so worked up about it?

Why do you care so much then?

Maybe you should leave things to people who do want to talk about the subject?

Hey Jones don't give up.

That doesn't happen. Hasnt for two seasons now.

And i care because I don't want this loser on the team and I really don't like you spreading misinformation while you try and pimp him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars said:

This love fest for Matt Jones is absoutely crazy! He has done nothing in the NFL, yet...let's bring him to Dallas to SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!

Better numbers in the first 3 years than Harper had.

Better overall numbers than Hurd, Austin, and Stanback combined. So if Jones has done "nothing", what have the three we've got done?

Would that be "less than nothing"?

:confused:

5Stars said:
Stasharoo names three players that MIGHT have that trait (Marvin Harrison, Joey Galloway, and Chad Johnson), yet all NFL players play "soft"? And, I doubt Marvin Harrison is one that shys away from contact...

I never stated that "all players play soft". I said that not all have to be as physical as Owens to succeed.

And if you think that Marvin Harrison is a physical receiver you haven't seen him play. Few receivers are as smart as Harrison in avoiding contact and taking hits. He still managed to be great.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2109861 said:
Thank you, fuzzy! That cat wants to make a statement about "the norm" and wants one of us to prove him wrong? :laugh2: That is the "throwing crap against the wall hoping something will stick" trend.

:rolleyes:

:laugh2:

:eek: :laugh2:

It is amazing what comes from your mouth. Marvin harrison doesn't shy from contact.... i guess randy moss doesn't either...... neither does Chad Johnson or Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne Plaxico Burress. The players in the NFL are soft if you compare them to the NFL 60's 70's and 80's however you'd rather compare it to me because that will prove your point. Even the rules that they are implementing make contact less and try to cut down on injuries and such. Horse collar, stiff arm rule, not leading with your helmet, can't hit a defendless WR the QB rules are ******** 5 yards allowed to bump from the line of scrimmage. :rolleyes:

Make all the jokes you want to put the facts remain and this isn't the same NFL it used to be. The players make to much money the Owners don't want to seem the getting hurt and the WR are at an advantage over the DB's.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2109866 said:
Hey Jones don't give up.

That doesn't happen. Hasnt for two seasons now.

And i care because I don't want this loser on the team and I really don't like you spreading misinformation while you try and pimp him.

Name the misinformation?

You're the guy who tried to slide in Harper's year 4 numbers against Jones', not me.

That was blatant deception.

So if anyone is lying here, it's obvious who it is.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109864 said:
Sure thing bucko. Its the norm because you say so.... :lmao2:

And these questions have been around since his second year in the league. He wont fight for the ball on bad throws and a myriad of other issues. It is not just this off season.

He really pissed off Jags fans in 2006 when down the stretch and with them jockeying for playoff position he didnt even try and tackle a Titans defender and the guy took it to the house and broke the game open.

When the going gets tough Matt Jones runs and hides.

fans are the most reasonable people.... :rolleyes: If you listen to other fans on Matt Jones then Crayton shouldn't be on the team neither should RW and we should have never gotten TO or Pacman.

Either you take my word for it being the norm or you don't.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2109869 said:
It is amazing what comes from your mouth. Marvin harrison doesn't shy from contact.... i guess randy moss doesn't either...... neither does Chad Johnson or Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne Plaxico Burress. The players in the NFL are soft if you compare them to the NFL 60's 70's and 80's however you'd rather compare it to me because that will prove your point. Even the rules that they are implementing make contact less and try to cut down on injuries and such. Horse collar, stiff arm rule, not leading with your helmet, can't hit a defendless WR the QB rules are ******** 5 yards allowed to bump from the line of scrimmage. :rolleyes:

Make all the jokes you want to put the facts remain and this isn't the same NFL it used to be. The players make to much money the Owners don't want to seem the getting hurt and the WR are at an advantage over the DB's.

Its one thing to go to the turf after a catch and its quite another thing to not even try on a route over the middle. and the fact that you even include Johnson on that list just goes to show you have no idea what you are talking about.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2109874 said:
fans are the most reasonable people.... :rolleyes: If you listen to other fans on Matt Jones then Crayton shouldn't be on the team neither should RW and we should have never gotten TO or Pacman.

The press vilified him for it too. Del Rio has called him out on it. His coaches as a whole are disgusted with him and lets be straight this is all going on on a winning team that has a chance to go all the way.

He is exactly the type of player you dont want on a winning team.

oh and I don't especially after you bring up Wayne and Johnson.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109875 said:
Its one thing to go to the turf after a catch and its quite another thing to not even try on a route over the middle. and the fact that you even include Johnson on that list just goes to show you have no idea what you are talking about.

which johnson or both ?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109868 said:
Better numbers in the first 3 years than Harper had.

Better overall numbers than Hurd, Austin, and Stanback combined. So if Jones has done "nothing", what have the three we've got done?

Would that be "less than nothing"?

:confused:

I never stated that "all players play soft". I said that not all have to be as physical as Owens to succeed.

And if you think that Marvin Harrison is a physical receiver you haven't seen him play. Few receivers are as smart as Harrison in avoiding contact and taking hits. He still managed to be great.[/quote]

Running from contact is not What Marvin Harrison does. Peyton puts plenty of passes in a spot where Marvin gets hit hard and he still manages to hold on to the ball, Jones doesn't even have to worry about holding on to the ball, because he's already on the way back to huddle.

And Jones has been in the starting position pretty much since he's been in the league where guys like Hurd and Austin had sit behind Crayton, TO, and Glenn. Not to mention Stanback was a redshirted rookie, due to injuries and a new postion. But go ahead keep using this argument, that oh Jones put up better numbers then all of the guys we have. But he didn't put up better numbers then the ones that's in front of him, so what would be getting? A chance of a slight increase in our #4 WR? Whoop de dang do. I'm so freakin elated we have a #4 who can do slightly better than Hurd last year. I'm so happy.:rolleyes:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109876 said:
The press vilified him for it too. Del Rio has called him out on it. His coaches as a whole are disgusted with him and lets be straight this is all going on on a winning team that has a chance to go all the way.

He is exactly the type of player you dont want on a winning team.

yes and the press isn't that much better. if what they were putting out was the truth then RW is the worse coverage safety ever and has no business in the NFL and Eli manning is the next best thing since his brother....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2109882 said:
yes and the press isn't that much better. if what they were putting out was the truth then RW is the worse coverage safety ever and has no business in the NFL and Eli manning is the next best thing since his brother....

So everyone in Jax is wrong and youre right. :lmao2:

Id rather give Eddie Kennison a shot over this loser.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
Running from contact is not What Marvin Harrison does. Peyton puts plenty of passes in a spot where Marvin gets hit hard and he still manages to hold on to the ball, Jones doesn't even have to worry about holding on to the ball, because he's already on the way back to huddle.

The guy makes sure to protect himself whenever possible. He's not a physical receiver no matter how you look at it.

dargonking999 said:
And Jones has been in the starting position pretty much since he's been in the league where guys like Hurd and Austin had sit behind Crayton, TO, and Glenn. Not to mention Stanback was a redshirted rookie, due to injuries and a new postion. But go ahead keep using this argument, that oh Jones put up better numbers then all of the guys we have.

Go check on Jones' number of "starts" last year. I'll wait.....

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. But there's something wrong with having an uninformed opinion.

dargonking999 said:
But he didn't put up better numbers then the ones that's in front of him, so what would be getting? A chance of a slight increase in our #4 WR? Whoop de dang do. I'm so freakin elated we have a #4 who can do slightly better than Hurd last year. I'm so happy.

If Jones would be #4 as you say who would be #'s 1-3?

Tell me you're actually counting on Terry Glenn?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109884 said:
So everyone in Jax is wrong and youre right. :lmao2:

how is that not personal bias?

This guy has so much upside he just didn't work in the scheme. It would be reasonable to assume that he can come in for us and put up numbers better than Crayton did last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2109884 said:
So everyone in Jax is wrong and youre right.

Duly noted.

Go start a thread.

:pc: