WR Matt Jones will fight for one of the remaining spots w/JAGs

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109924 said:
Is that right?

Care to show us some proof of that claim?

Matt Jones did not register a single tackle in 2007 and only 1 in 2006. He doesnt play ST.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109920 said:
If you say so, I've seen differently myself. And tell me about all of the routes that Austin runs? Or better yet, tell me about Stanback's routes?

Well, we can use 2006's numbers if you're prefer, but I don't think they would helop your case against him.

That's certainly your prerogative. But I don't want to go through a repeat of 2007 and have moved on.

Ok so he's better than Austin, and played more than Stanback, where does that leave him, oh yea #4, and since we know stanback is a physical freak and will get playing time based on being able to catch and his sheer athleticism make that #5. Again whoop de dang do. We have the best #5 WR in the game. How does it help our SB contentions? Oh right, because if owens goes down he becomes the #4 and so very important. Please

We can but again, who are you matching them up against? Glenn? Owens? or back up players who maybe saw one pass there way?

And what you don't want to go through isn't the case here. It's about who is on our team right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2109912 said:
No you use it as an excuse or a mitigating circumstances when in fact its one of the biggest indictments of him.

314 vs 317 yards and it has nothing to do with games played it has to do with snaps and the reason why Jones got less time is because he got benched for sucking.

Does anything more need be said here?

:confused:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109929 said:
Hey, show me the receiver numbers?

Show me the 1,000 yard Pro Bowlers they have since Jimmy Smith retired?

Tell me who led the Jags in receiving for 2006?

Tell me why they're still looking outside the organization for the answer?

Which would be a wonderful opportunity for him to step up into. they needed someone they gave him the opportunity to be the guy esp early in the year and he gave up and was benched. The guy is not cut out for the NFL.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109929 said:
Hey, show me the receiver numbers?

Show me the 1,000 yard Pro Bowlers they have since Jimmy Smith retired?

Tell me who led the Jags in receiving for 2006?

Tell me why they're still looking outside the organization for the answer?

Ok, and how is this Helping Jones? He leads the team in receiving and then is benched? I thought players were suppose to get better? If there WR's suck so badly, why isn't he the one going for over 1000 yards, and pro-bowls? Why is he stuck on the bench? Because the coach just hates his little guts? Or because he is not mentally tough, and does not have the desire to play this game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109934 said:
Does anything more need be said here?

If Sam Hurd played in 16 games and only got 100 plays and Matt Jones playe d12 and got 200 then who really performed better?

Matt Jones was starting in the beginning of the year.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2109926 said:
I would think its safe to assume that Jason Garrett won't play a guy that is not willing to run half of the route tree.

I'm done there's no reasoning with you.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dargonking999;2109936 said:
Ok, and how is this Helping Jones? He leads the team in receiving and then is benched? I thought players were suppose to get better? If there WR's suck so badly, why isn't he the one going for over 1000 yards, and pro-bowls? Why is he stuck on the bench? Because the coach just hates his little guts? Or because he is not mentally tough, and does not have the desire to play this game.

I "assume" it's the "scheme"...! :confused:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
Ok so he's better than Austin, and played more than Stanback, where does that leave him, oh yea #4,

Behind Terry Glenn?

Keep those fingers crossed.

:crossed:

dargonking999 said:
and since we know stanback is a physical freak and will get playing time based on being able to catch and his sheer athleticism make that #5.

I'll put Jones' "athleticism up against Stanback's anyday. Nice how that seems to work for one guy but not the other. Double-standard anyone?

dargonking999 said:
Again whoop de dang do. We have the best #5 WR in the game. How does it help our SB contentions? Oh right, because if owens goes down he becomes the #4 and so very important. Please

You count on Terry Glenn. I was here in 2007. And nothing has changed.

dargonking999 said:
We can but again, who are you matching them up against? Glenn? Owens? or back up players who maybe saw one pass there way?

And what you don't want to go through isn't the case here. It's about who is on our team right now.

Glenn isn't even around anymore since theyr'e on to his "free money" scam, he wasn't "on the team" last year either despite what his name on the roster said.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dargonking999;2109940 said:
That's because you don't have an thing to reason with.

He doesn't "reason"...he "assumes". And I assume he assumes because he don't know the reason...

:laugh2:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Game logs make it worse, the one game he played alot in, they lost badly. Most of the season he was a no show, including a no play a different points in the season. Again, if the recievers in the ville are so bad, why would the purposly bench a guy who is so great? Because he digressed, because he is not a NFL WR. He is a athlete who got drafted, because he was tall, fast, and made spectacular catches in college.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Which would be a wonderful opportunity for him to step up into. they needed someone they gave him the opportunity to be the guy esp early in the year and he gave up and was benched. The guy is not cut out for the NFL.

They did?

According to NFL.com, despite leading the team in receiving for 2006, he didn't get to start a single game in '07.

Doesn't scream "opportunity" to me.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109947 said:
Behind Terry Glenn?

I'll put Jones' "athleticism up against Stanback's anyday. Nice how that seems to work for one guy but not the other. Double-standard anyone?

Glenn isn't even around anymore since theyr'e on to his "free money" scam, he wasn't "on the team" last year either despite what his name on the roster said.

Stanback by all accounts puts in teh work that Matt jones never has to be a success. He is a hard worker and plays ST.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109954 said:
They did?

According to NFL.com, despite leading the team in receiving for 2006, he didn't get to start a single game in '07.

Doesn't scream "opportunity" to me.

Youre right he lost his starting job to Dennis Northcutt in training camp.

Thats just sad.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
stasheroo;2109947 said:
Behind Terry Glenn?

My fingers don't need to be crossed, he plays he plays. If he doesn't it aint like we did bad without him

and i'll take the younger, and more athletic guy in Stanback over a a 4 year pro who can't crack the Jags lineup

I will, why? i was here in 2006, and the only thing that has changed is time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins said:
If Sam Hurd played in 16 games and only got 100 plays and Matt Jones played 12 and got 200 then who really performed better?

I'd have to see numbers that showed that, I can't take your word for it. If you could show me them, I'd sure be interested.

FuzzyLumpkins said:
Matt Jones was starting in the beginning of the year.

I'd check that again. He didn't start at all in 2007 despite leading the team in receiving for 2006.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dargonking999;2109953 said:
Game logs make it worse, the one game he played alot in, they lost badly. Most of the season he was a no show, including a no play a different points in the season. Again, if the recievers in the ville are so bad, why would the purposly bench a guy who is so great? Because he digressed, because he is not a NFL WR. He is a athlete who got drafted, because he was tall, fast, and made spectacular catches in college.

Matt Jones was a QB in college and is making the transition. He has done better than some WR drafted in the same year and ahead of him. I don't understand. Everyone knows that the WR position is the hardest one to transition to in the NFL. Maybe the set the bar to high of expectations however I think he can/will come into his own this season.