Wrestlemania 31 Prediction Thread

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I just saw that Sheamus's new look.

Hard to believe he could be uglier than he was before but he is!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He gave him an F5 first and then gave a couple to the cameraman. I'm almost positive the cameraman was an indie wrestler...

oh! Surely they wouldn't let him assault a regular Joe...that'd cost him millions!

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I must have had the volume down during the divas match on RAW or something but I just read about the crowd chants that went on. Just wrong.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That's a very valid point.

They flip-flops wrestlers so often from heel to face to heel again that no one generates intense heat as a legit heel– except the two you mentioned.

Guys like "The Spoiler", Ernie Ladd, Nick Bockwinkle were heels for years, and years and years. So the heel heat they generated was always red-hot because there was no confusion about them being the "good guy" this match or the "bad guy" in this match.

Absolutely.

And the biggest issue I have is they don't have a heel champion any longer that you're just like..."man I'd pay to see this dude just get his butt kicked".

I look to guys like Ric Flair as a heel champion as the shining example of how a heel champion should be.

CM Punk had that going. It was great.

Since then...no one.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely.

And the biggest issue I have is they don't have a heel champion any longer that you're just like..."man I'd pay to see this dude just get his butt kicked".

I look to guys like Ric Flair as a heel champion as the shining example of how a heel champion should be.

CM Punk had that going. It was great.

Since then...no one.

Right on.

Great point about a heel champion.

Vince Jr. got his "The Champion must be a face" influence from his dad.

But both the NWA and AWA did very well with heel champions and the whole "I want to see this guy get his butt kicked" mindset of the fan. It sold tickets– and a lot of them.

Flair was great at it. So was Race. And Bockwinkle. They were great at putting their opponent over and making the fan think that this was going to be the night when the local face won the world title.