Wrestlemania 31 Prediction Thread

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
WWE is afraid to give Bryan the belt again because they are not sold on him being 100% healthy now or anytime in the future. They stripped him last year and due to their lack of faith in his health and didn't want to do it again this year. Unless he admitted the same to them which I suppose is possible.

They never wanted to put the strap on Bryan anyway well before he had health issues. They don't 'get' his popularity because he doesn't look like their type of champion. Eventually they relented because he was so incredibly over but it was like pulling teeth.

And the *match* between Lesnar and Bryan was the pay-off. Doesn't mean he has to win. Doesn't mean that Bryan could not have won and Rollins could have beat him by cashing in the MITB.

Numerous possibilities and they had that enormous pay-off teed right up for them and just couldn't see the forest for the trees.

YR

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
1 word, nostalgia. You could throw the Bushwackers out there, and people would cheer.

They added the WCW vs WWE storyline last night. Did you listen to the announcers? Did you watch it last night? I posted in an earlier thread, what they were saying.

Those names were there, because they are HHH's friends.

Yep. I watched.

And yes. They were.

And?

Did that change the fact that the crowd obviously loved it?

No.

You didn't like it. That's cool. no one says you have to.

But your comments sounded as if you believe that your thoughts were the thoughts of everyone there and it was clear from the crowd reaction that wasn't the case.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh, I get the "Rollins is a weasel" thing.

I just think it diminishes the world title by giving it to him without him earning it through pinfall or submission, which yeah is the point of the whole thing.

It's a big circle-jerk if you will! LOL!

Instead of creating legit heat by having Rollins win the title in a close match, Vince creates fake heat through a convoluted, Vince Russo-like title change.

Now I agree with you there. I understand where you're coming from there. But I think this was really the only way this could have gone given how they're using Brock an how they want to continue to use him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
A crowd pop means very little in the long run. For instance, Chyna made a brief appearance on TNA and got a humongous pop. And yet it did nothing for her or the company other than sound nice on TV for the long haul.

Where Vince is out of touch is that there was no reason why this WM could not have been Lesnar vs. Bryan for the title. That was where the money was going to role in. You had Lesnar, considered to be legitimately the baddest man on the planet that only makes occasional appearances and the crowd perceives him as not all that into wrestling versus this massively over underdog in Daniel Bryan who just came off of horrific injuries that threatened his career.

It was teed up for Vince and he couldn't pull the trigger and in the end they had to get the title off of Lesnar due to all of the writing blunders since the last WrestleMania and they missed out on the big money from a classic storyline so HHH and Steph could get on TV and bore everybody to tears.

YR

I can agree with all of that completely.

I'm not saying this is good for the long run. It was still clear, given where they were going to go with everything, that this worked out well enough for them.

They got the title on the guy they really wanted it on, probably all along, and they were able to do it while getting out of the debacle that came of trying to push Reigns down the people's throat.

The only thing I really don't like is that Sting lost, as that really just makes no sense to me, but it's pretty clear that whole thing was nothing more than a reason for them to bring in a bunch of legendary names and have a big moment.

I'm okay with it but it just wasn't the best way that it could have went.

As far as HHH and Steph....I get that. Totally. I was right there with you about them not more than a year ago. Then they wrote them off TV for two months with that Survivor Series thing and I realized something.

The show absolutely sucked without them there to be hated. There was pretty much no one on the show that pulled any sort of "Man I want them to go away, lose, die" type of reaction from me. It was just...blah.

Now we can blame the writers for that. That's fine. But the writers suck all the time so they didn't suddenly just suck because HHH and Steph were gone.

The fact is that they simply do not have anyone, as lead heels, that are more compelling. It looked like they were going with Bray Wyatt and they lost that chance.

They had that with CM Punk and instead of capitalizing on it they ran him right out of the business.

Now you're left with Rollins, whose good but not enough for me to turn the show on for and....who else is a top heel again?

Thus you need HHH and Steph cause at least they can drive a show from a lead heel standpoint. At least for me anyway.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The whole suddenly it's a triple threat match seemed forced. I am assuming the Money in the Bank rules are made up on the fly at this point.

Though logically speaking they had to do something as they were running out of PPV's for Rollins to use the MITB contract, unless they wanted to give that away on TV.

I was surprised by it being a triple threat. The rules have always been that they could cash in anywhere, at any time, and go for the belt so that's not a new rule. The fact that someone did it during a match, instead of after it, was unique cause no one had done that before.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact is that they simply do not have anyone, as lead heels, that are more compelling. It looked like they were going with Bray Wyatt and they lost that chance.

That's a very valid point.

They flip-flops wrestlers so often from heel to face to heel again that no one generates intense heat as a legit heel– except the two you mentioned.

Guys like "The Spoiler", Ernie Ladd, Nick Bockwinkle were heels for years, and years and years. So the heel heat they generated was always red-hot because there was no confusion about them being the "good guy" this match or the "bad guy" in this match.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
That's a very valid point.

They flip-flops wrestlers so often from heel to face to heel again that no one generates intense heat as a legit heel– except the two you mentioned.

Guys like "The Spoiler", Ernie Ladd, Nick Bockwinkle were heels for years, and years and years. So the heel heat they generated was always red-hot because there was no confusion about them being the "good guy" this match or the "bad guy" in this match.

Times and circumstances have changed, people don't cheer or boo what the used to. The Rock being a jerk will bring the house down and Stone Cold drinking beer and giving women the stunner is cool. Brock is a good example, he beat people for so long and so convincingly he just switched from heel to babyface. The did well with Rollins and pushed a smaller Indy guy into the main event picture while making the other two still look good. Giving DB & Cena the other two belts also elevates them. Even Orton has claim for a title shot. Apart from the Sting result it was a well booked event that made a lot of people look strong and with goour possibilities going forward.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Times and circumstances have changed, people don't cheer or boo what the used to. The Rock being a jerk will bring the house down and Stone Cold drinking beer and giving women the stunner is cool. Brock is a good example, he beat people for so long and so convincingly he just switched from heel to babyface. The did well with Rollins and pushed a smaller Indy guy into the main event picture while making the other two still look good. Giving DB & Cena the other two belts also elevates them. Even Orton has claim for a title shot. Apart from the Sting result it was a well booked event that made a lot of people look strong and with goour possibilities going forward.

You're right.

They don't cheer or boo what they use to cheer or boo at.

A lot of it is because bookers (and writers) haven't been consistent in what they're trying to accomplish.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
1 word, nostalgia. You could throw the Bushwackers out there, and people would cheer.

They added the WCW vs WWE storyline last night. Did you listen to the announcers? Did you watch it last night? I posted in an earlier thread, what they were saying.

Those names were there, because they are HHH's friends.

Sting is much more popular with fans than the freaking Bushwhackers

CashMan

Reaction score
Yep. I watched.

And yes. They were.

And?

Did that change the fact that the crowd obviously loved it?

No.

You didn't like it. That's cool. no one says you have to.

But your comments sounded as if you believe that your thoughts were the thoughts of everyone there and it was clear from the crowd reaction that wasn't the case.

I thought parts of it were terrible, not that I thought everyone thought that. And when people are around other people, like in crowds, people become sheep.

CashMan

Reaction score
just walking out the door. It looks like Brock got his *** kicked!

He cut his face like 2-3 times suplexing reigns. Then ran into the pole on the outside and cut his head. He literally dominated the match.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He cut his face like 2-3 times suplexing reigns. Then ran into the pole on the outside and cut his head. He literally dominated the match.

can't stand Brock! And there he goes.."suspended" till the next PPV!