Xbox One

Nomad

Reaction score
Hoofbite;5099011 said:
I've been on the 360 since it launched. I think it's interesting that there are people saying they have both consoles and don't play the XBOX because I know a handful of people who are in the exact opposite boat.

I'm like that too, I have both and use the 360 for all my gaming and honestly only use the PS3 as a bluray player which feels like a waste. When I got the PS3 I thought I would use it for everything but like a lot of people all of my friends only had 360 and Live is better, and I absolutely hate the PS3 controller.

I don't really buy/sell used games or loan them out, and I actually prefer downloading them directly so you can play without switching discs around and was looking forward to that being more on the next gen. I guess they shouldn't have introduced the idea of "buying the disc and installing on HD w/o disc in drive to play since that is where the DRM sticking point really comes in. They should have kept it the way it was, you either buy the disc and keep it in the system or download it directly, and I guess that is how it is on the PS4.

It is funny and interesting how this whole thing has played out. You have to remember all the gimmicks and weird stuff the last generation had in the beginning that faded out like the special PS3 motion controller that you tilted and the addon HDDVD drive etc.. I'm hoping a lot of these negative aspects eventually change and adjust by launch or after.

gambit187

Reaction score
Let's see from. Intellivision to. Nintendo to Playstation toXbox...
Xbox one for me.....make that 2 or 3 please

Don't care about the $100 difference...THE KINECT AND ITS FEATURES ARE SO WORTH IT.

Also if this allows me to stop renting a cable/dvr box from Verizon or Comcast at $9.99 A month then it has paid for itself.

You get 10 "family" Shares....well I have 2 sons and 2 stepson I can let use the disk. At 43 don't have any friends that can't afford their own games....so that leaves me with 6 people I can share games with.

Also I feel MS will do some back peddling before release.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
gambit187;5099345 said:

Don't care about the $100 difference...THE KINECT AND ITS FEATURES ARE SO WORTH IT.

Also if this allows me to stop renting a cable/dvr box from Verizon or Comcast at $9.99 A month then it has paid for itself.

You get 10 "family" Shares....well I have 2 sons and 2 stepson I can let use the disk. At 43 don't have any friends that can't afford their own games....so that leaves me with 6 people I can share games with.

I'm pretty sure that you still need a cable box, but if not you save $9.99 a month and pay $60 a year for online. I haven't really seen a 43 year old use kinect either. Sorry but your the first person I have read that has a clear decision on the Xbox one lol.

CashMan

Reaction score
I might be in the minority. I usually game by myself, don't really use online, unless there is a roster update or something to download. Kinect, two thumbs down to that, I've been an XBox user since it came out, last playstation I bought was PS2, but I have to say, I will be done with Xbox.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
gambit187;5099345 said:

Forcing me to have Kinect is probably the #1 deal breaker for me. I will never buy a Wii, I will never use Playstation Move, and I never want to use Kinect.

PS3 and PS4 will allow me to stream NFL Sunday Ticket (if I buy it), MLB TV (which I usually buy), Netflix, Hulu, and any of that stuff so for me all I am looking for is the best gaming console. I can see XBox One being useful for some people but I just don't fit the mold. I want gaming and gaming only. My cable bill is split between my 3 roommates and I so I have no use for a cable device through my XBox. Also, I know you can currently connect Xfinity (Comcast) through XBox 360 but the channels you get are limited.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
CashMan;5099440 said:
I might be in the minority. I usually game by myself, don't really use online, unless there is a roster update or something to download. Kinect, two thumbs down to that, I've been an XBox user since it came out, last playstation I bought was PS2, but I have to say, I will be done with Xbox.

My gaming console order of use has been this order...

Sega Genesis, PS One, PS2, then XBox, XBox 360, PS3, and eventually PS4.

I was originally a Sony fan and used PS2 mostly. I eventually bought an XBox and still used it less than my PS2 but when Halo 2 was released (my favorite game of all time) I pretty much switched over to XBox because that was the only game I played for about 3 years (disc didn't leave the box). I bought a 360 on launch day and still Halo 2 was the only game in my box for about 1 year :laugh2: . I then bought a PS3 and now I am pretty 50/50. I use 360 for multiplayer and PS3 for single player. Now that PS is focusing on their network (adding party chat and forcing PS+) I am pretty stoked that it will be equivalent to XBox Live.

gambit187

Reaction score
TheCowboy;5099429 said:
I'm pretty sure that you still need a cable box, but if not you save $9.99 a month and pay $60 a year for online. I haven't really seen a 43 year old use kinect either. Sorry but your the first person I have read that has a clear decision on the Xbox one lol.
I use the Kinect for the variety of fitness games and other stuff...also I pay $100 a year for a 4 pack family membership, that's $25 per person, like 2 bucks a month.

Shunpike

Reaction score
I am pretty sure Xbox will soften their policy a little bit. They can't be so dumb as PS4 looks much better choice at this point.

After Windows 8 stupidity, I don't think Microsoft can afford another bust.

CashMan

Reaction score
Shunpike;5099718 said:
I am pretty sure Xbox will soften their policy a little bit. They can't be so dumb as PS4 looks much better choice at this point.

The difference is, Microsoft doesn't really have legit competition when it comes to the desktop market, as they do when it comes to the game console market.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moves made strictly based on control and greed.

If they continue down this road, they should rename it the Dreamcast because it - and they - will suffer the same fate.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Shunpike;5099718 said:

I highly doubt it; the system is already designed around all of these features.

More...
5ATLlWV.png

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
W/O sifting through these pages and googling, are they going to continue to make games for the 360?

RastaRocket

Reaction score
dexternjack;5100445 said:
W/O sifting through these pages and googling, are they going to continue to make games for the 360?

Yes for a little while. It will be similar to XBox I would assume and end eventually. It is nothing to worry about right now however.

Ren

Reaction score
Preorder numbers are 8-1 in favor of the PS4.