Young's handlers aren't handling their business

joseephuss

Reaction score
kartr said:
He's better than Vick and Vick has gotten to the playoffs twice and beaten Farve and Bulger. Elway,Young,Plunkett and Montana were 'runners'.

Plunkett? He ran for his life in New England, but that was about it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
kartr said:
He's better than Vick and Vick has gotten to the playoffs twice and beaten Farve and Bulger. Elway,Young,Plunkett and Montana were 'runners'.

How do you know he's bette then Vick? Is it because "Ron Mexico" has herpes and VY don't? Other then that...how would you know!???

Vick is playing in the Pros, VY "ain't"...as they say

kartr

Reaction score
iceberg said:
calling someone racist for an otherwise unflattering opinion of someone isn't fair. it's as if NO ONE can critisize "the black man" cause some MORON is going to cry racism. it's like a built in handicap/excuse. it gets old.

It gets old when the only time that 'black qbs' are mentioned here is when someone has something negative to say about them. When the Skins drafted Jason Campbell, a poster said that 'he sucks' even though he guided his team to a 13-0 season and had a fabulous season. In the Alabama game that year, the tide stopped both Williams and Brown cold and forced Campbell to throw. Well, he did quite well and won the game throwing the ball. Some here even made a Quincy Carter comparison, saying that they are the same player.

joseephuss

Reaction score
5Stars said:
How do you know he's bette then Vick? Is it because "Ron Mexico" has herpes and VY don't? Other then that...how would you know!???

Vick is playing in the Pros, VY "ain't"...as they say

Same reason people say Leinart is better than Young. Leinart's game seems more suited for the NFL than Young's and Young's seems more suited than Vick's. Plus Vick's game hasn't grown after 5 seasons. He had an upside coming into the league and seems to be taking baby steps to get to that upside.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
kartr said:
It gets old when the only time that 'black qbs' are mentioned here is when someone has something negative to say about them. When the Skins drafted Jason Campbell, a poster said that 'he sucks' even though he guided his team to a 13-0 season and had a fabulous season. In the Alabama game that year, the tide stopped both Williams and Brown cold and forced Campbell to throw. Well, he did quite well and won the game throwing the ball. Some here even made a Quincy Carter comparison, saying that they are the same player.

karter - pull your head out of your whatever it's up.

name me ANY QB EVER who NEVER EVER EVER had a bad thing said about them or their performance???

it's human nature to be negative. it's a choice to remain ignorant if there's always an excuse vs. life.

kartr

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
No anger here it was in 3 inch letters as the post said. Why would I not want to trade down to the top 5 for young? because it would cost way too much for a guy who I have serious question about as a passer. Again I watched him play every game so I'm not going by college stats alone where you get to play teams like the Kansas Jayhawks or Baylor Bears. You think stats are misleading in the NFL well they are very misleading in the college ranks. I have seen WR for Young be wideopen without a defender even in the picture and have seen him flat out miss the guy. I have also watched Lienart and I do think he is a lot closer of being ready for the NFL than Young.

But you did see the USC game and maybe the Ohio State game didn't you. Young did what Brady Quinn couldn't do, beat USC and Ohio St., but you have doubts about him. Those doubts are not based on facts. The scouts are not saying those games don't count, you are. All we can do assessment on is what we see and even though you saw those games, your mind is telling you that Young didn't do anything. Undoubtedly, Young will be playing against the same guys in the pros that he faced in college. Most of those players didn't start out as pro bowlers, but they improved with time, as will Young if given a chance with a decent team. Lienart wont be better than Peyton Manning as a rookie and Manning struggled as a rookie. Young will struggle some, like everybody else, but will improve in time. Why are people ready to write him off before the draft based on what we know?

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Some statistics about "running" QB and winning QBs.

In Super Bowl history, only three QBs have rushed for more than 40 yards (Montana once, Young and McNair). That's 3 out of 80 starters.

Only two of those won and the best rushing performance by a QB was McNair's 64 yds and that was in a loss.

The average rushing yards by Super Bowl winning QBs is less than 15 yds.

joseephuss

Reaction score
kartr said:
But you did see the USC game and maybe the Ohio State game didn't you. Young did what Brady Quinn couldn't do, beat USC and Ohio St., but you have doubts about him. Those doubts are not based on facts. The scouts are not saying those games don't count, you are. All we can do assessment on is what we see and even though you saw those games, your mind is telling you that Young didn't do anything. Undoubtedly, Young will be playing against the same guys in the pros that he faced in college. Most of those players didn't start out as pro bowlers, but they improved with time, as will Young if given a chance with a decent team. Lienart wont be better than Peyton Manning as a rookie and Manning struggled as a rookie. Young will struggle some, like everybody else, but will improve in time. Why are people ready to write him off before the draft based on what we know?

Notre Dame's defense wasn't even close to being as good as the Texas defense. That is why the Irish could not beat USC or tOSU. The Longhorn's defense held the buckeye's to field goals when Young was turning the ball over. Young turned it around late in the game, but that defense was big. The defense also held USC when it mattered late in the game holding the Trojans on a 4thadn 1. The Notre Dame defense gave up a 60 yard play on 4th and 11.

It is hard to write Young off at this time or crown or the next great one either. He is a gamble just like all top draft picks are gambles.

Hiero

Reaction score
right, as if they aren't going to work him out at all before the ydraft him. what a stupid ****ing article.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Some statistics about "running" QB and winning QBs.

In Super Bowl history, only three QBs have rushed for more than 40 yards (Montana once, Young and McNair). That's 3 out of 80 starters.

Only two of those won and the best rushing performance by a QB was McNair's 64 yds and that was in a loss.

The average rushing yards by Super Bowl winning QBs is less than 15 yds.

at times, a player comes along and "redefines" the position. could young break through and change things? make a running qb the next phase of the game? that's what it would take. just because you want something to happen doesn't mean it's an easy thing to do.

you seem to think there's something other than the initial design of the game that hinders the running qb.

quit it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Steve Young was also an excellent passer. Perhaps the best combination of the two that the league has ever seen.

s_staubach_i.jpg
;)

kartr

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
What I don't get is here is Kartr implying that the powers that be in Dallas ran off Carter because he was black and couldn't sell jerseys to all the racist Cowboys fans.

Now we are to believe that these very same people in charge are going to trade up for a BLACK QB in order to SELL JERSEYS.

Someone, anyone, want to explain that logic to me.:bang2:

That was said in jest, but, there is a difference. Carter was an unknown in this part of the country and was a first, a pioneer if you will, and that was 5 years ago. Black qb's are a more common occurrence today than then and Young, as a local guy who has achieved cult status in some circles and already has a built in fan base. Bill is the 'football guy' and probably wouldn't be interested in Young, but Jerry is the owner, and a businessman first and foremost. If he believes that the climate is right for exceptance of another 'black qb' in terms of fan support, which means $$, and the guy is a really good player, then he might pull the trigger, Bill or no Bill. That's why talk about T.O. coming to Dallas wont die down. Jerry always wants to make a 'big splash', that's why he drafted Carter in the first place, to be our 'Donavin or Vick'. He referred to Carter as the next best to Vick. He brought in Hutch for the same reason and labeled him 'a franchise qb', he did same with Roy Williams, naming him the next Ronnie Lott, the same with Newman, 'the next Deion sanders and I believe they drafted Jones to be the next Emmitt Smith and Demarcus Ware, as the next 'Charles Haley'. He even wears number 94. That's the way Jerry thinks and he's the boss, so I see a pattern here, and since Parcells has already re-upped for another year, there's nothing he can do about it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
kartr said:

kartr, I don't think it's a racist thing with black QBs, because, of course a black man can playQB! A black man invented the elevator! Black men have been doing lots of good things in the world...

It's just YOU!!! YOU...with this Quincy Carter love...that the loser can do no wrong! That "QC has won more games then...? QC beat these other QBs...? QC did not have this reciever or running back...? QC's handlers did not do this or that...? QC took the team to the playoffs...? QC could have invented the Atom Bomb...? QC took drugs because he is misunderstood...? QC took the Jets to the playoffs...? QC! QC! QC!

Give me a "Q"...!
Give me a "C"...!
What do you have?

As of right now...not a freaking thing, but shame... yet, you blame everyone else except him? Now, don't you think that is a little suspisious to some? Because, really, Quincy Carter is gone...done, fina...outta there...trashed...

and not only that! I think Bledsoe could whip his butt in a fist fight! I even think Henson could whip his butt...and Romo too!

Henson floats like a butterfly
Romo stings like a bee
and Carter can't hit what his eyes can't see!

Toke up!! Snort up!! Bottom line, bro!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
kartr said:
That was said in jest, but, there is a difference. Carter was an unknown in this part of the country and was a first, a pioneer if you will, and that was 5 years ago. Black qb's are a more common occurrence today than then and Young, ..... Jerry always wants to make a 'big splash', that's why he drafted Carter in the first place, to be our 'Donavin or Vick'..

how can be be a "pioneer" if he's here to be like someone else here before him???

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You can't be this dense.

The Dallas Cowboys make money. They don't need a gimmick to do it. They don't need a home state guy to do it. They don't need a QB to do it.

Like I said, show me his penchant for doing this because that was your contention. Show me the Longhorn, Aggie, or Red Raider that he traded up to go get so he could sell jerseys and tickets.

You got nothing...as usual.

I'm dense, don't you remember Chad, the 'franschise qb' and see Emmitt run for the record. He said he wanted Emmitt to get the record as a Dallas Cowboy cause he knows that record will stand for some time and that also that Emmitt is a first ballot HOF.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
kartr said:
I'm dense, don't you remember Chad, the 'franschise qb' and see Emmitt run for the record. He said he wanted Emmitt to get the record as a Dallas Cowboy cause he knows that record will stand for some time and that also that Emmitt is a first ballot HOF.

If I'm not mistaken Emmit is black and from Florida.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
kartr said:
Youre ridiculous.
Everyone here had the same opinions on Eli, Losman, Alex Smith, Rodgers, Rivers, and many mnay more.
You obviously hear what you want to hear.

Vick is eons better than VY and Vick isnt even that good. Vick runs better and throws better than VY.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Quick poll so the dense can see:

Say yes if you think Alex Smith looks like a bust.

Yes

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
This has nothing to do with what I questioned you about.

Not one damn thing.

Quit dancing.