Zach Martin vs Larry Allen, who you got!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This question used to be relevant.

i

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???
Larry Allen!!!
Next question....

plasticman

Reaction score
When Larry was playing, opponent D-linemen would fake injuries the week they were scheduled to play the Cowboys, it's true.

At the ironman competition Larry would go first. He would lift 200 pounds 45 times. After that, he would just sit in his chair and watch everyone else try to match him and fail.

There is a video of Larry Allen running across the field to tackle an opponent who had just intercepted a pass.

Larry Allen bench pressed 700 pounds.

Zack Martin is a great NFL guard and should be in the HOF.

However, Larry Allen was legendary. There will probably never be another like him.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The comparison that comes the closest would be Larry Allen vs Erik Williams before the auto accident.

plymkr

Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???
I want both, lol. But if you twist my arm I got to go with Larry Allen. He was just nasty. The train whistle story is my favorite. It’s one thing to be good and nasty, it’s a whole different level telling the defense you’re going to run at the LOS and then run it on them. I wish we had some of that swagger and nasty back.

It’s Janet!!! It’s Jackson if you’re NASTY!!!!!!!

lol, that song just popped in my head. It’s getting late

plymkr

Reaction score
There is a video of Larry Allen running across the field to tackle an opponent who had just intercepted a pass.
Still one of my all time favorite plays. When the announcers flipped out it made me laugh. Then Troy throws another pick and Larry chased that one down as well. They usually only focus on the first pick. Larry was an amazing athlete.

GMO415

Reaction score
LA has one SB ring and Zach has none. Must count for something.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Larry just destroyed people. When was the last time Martin man handled anyone? The guy barely moves people off the ball. He spends a lot of time on his back for the highest paid guard in the NFL.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Larry just destroyed people. When was the last time Martin man handled anyone? The guy barely moves people off the ball. He spends a lot of time on his back for the highest paid guard in the NFL.
If you digitally changed the name on the jerseys and showed them the same plays they would say that guy isn't winning a lot, he's just a JAG.

But because Martin used to be dominant, people see the name and I guess assume he still is. It's bizarre. Or they don't actually watch the OL play during games and just want to argue.

gtb1943

Reaction score
If you digitally changed the name on the jerseys and showed them the same plays they would say that guy isn't winning a lot, he's just a JAG.

But because Martin used to be dominant, people see the name and I guess assume he still is. It's bizarre. Or they don't actually watch the OL play during games and just want to argue.
I have watched football for over fifty years and I say your post is crap. I have watched LA and other great lineman and while not up to his level Zach is a great lineman. I can tell the difference between someone with leg injuries and someone on the decline. Clearly you cannot.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I have watched football for over fifty years and I say your post is crap. I have watched LA and other great lineman and while not up to his level Zach is a great lineman. I can tell the difference between someone with leg injuries and someone on the decline. Clearly you cannot.
A lot of folks have watched for a long time & still don't understand what they are seeing. Proven here every day. I say he is on the decline. Whether it is from injuries or otherwise isn't important. The decline in play is what is important.

So, do you agree he's on the decline? Or is he still the best RG in football as so many claim?

BigD_95

Reaction score

Larry Allen might be the best NFL player ever - it's not close.