Zack Martin on his contract: We'll see where it goes

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Projection is story telling. it just happens that you are trying to tell a story about the real future. The best sci-fi does that.

If you can pick in the top half of the first round you are all but guaranteed of getting a top OG. That being said Martin is All Pro. Quibbling over $2m worth of salary for him is overblown IMO once you consider the expanding cap.

My concern is paying Dak like he is Matt Ryan. He has not earned it.

Pretty sure unless he leads the team to 2019 Super Bowl, Dak extension will be nowhere near Ryan money. My guess is Dak contract extension will be treated similarly to Romo's FIRST big deal. Not in terms of money but ranking among other QBs around the league. I think Romo's first deal put in the top 10 range. That's about where I would expect FO to pay Dak......averaging maybe $20-23M. I don't them paying him anywhere near Ryans money UNLESS we see some serious post-season play TWO straight years.

This was 2011
Eli Manning
QUARTERBACK $97,500,000
Philip Rivers
QUARTERBACK $91,800,000
Peyton Manning
QUARTERBACK $90,000,000
Ben Roethlisberger
QUARTERBACK $87,986,500
Michael Vick
QUARTERBACK $80,000,000
Sam Bradford
QUARTERBACK $78,045,000
Matthew Stafford
QUARTERBACK $72,000,000

Tom Brady
QUARTERBACK $72,000,000
Tony Romo
QUARTERBACK $67,500,000

Matt Ryan
QUARTERBACK $67,500,000
Aaron Rodgers
QUARTERBACK $63,520,000

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It would be weird if they let martin walk. They always put so many resources into having a great oline. Then they let the best guard in the NFL go over money. Granted it will be very expensive. 14-16 mil a year.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I keep getting grilled for it, but I'll keep saying it. I really don't think the Cowboys will extend Martin. They'll let him walk because he's seeking too much money, or more preferably, they'll trade him in a sign-and-trade.

The Cowboys are still investing premium draft picks on the line. I think it's a sign.

Now go ahead, tell me how wrong I am.

I'd hate losing him but it would be screwd if they can pull off a good trade.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I keep getting grilled for it, but I'll keep saying it. I really don't think the Cowboys will extend Martin. They'll let him walk because he's seeking too much money, or more preferably, they'll trade him in a sign-and-trade.

The Cowboys are still investing premium draft picks on the line. I think it's a sign.

They at least gave themselves an option by drafting Williams. Strengthened their negotiating hand.

It's a real question whether we want to invest that heavily in any G. It's just not considered a cornerstone position.

I think the guy they likely let go in a couple years is Collins. Move Williams on over to RT.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of fans/posters that are more concerned about Zack's contract than Zack. This thing will get done. All this drama being drummed up needs to stop. Chill like Zack knowing Jerry will take care of him. Despite what the drama drummers would have us believe, Zack isn't going to be allowed to walk away.

CWR

Reaction score
Its not the worst idea trading him away to gain picks, but I would be upset personally. Hes not just a pro bowl player, hes the best at his position. It would suck to lose him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Pretty sure unless he leads the team to 2019 Super Bowl, Dak extension will be nowhere near Ryan money. My guess is Dak contract extension will be treated similarly to Romo's FIRST big deal. Not in terms of money but ranking among other QBs around the league. I think Romo's first deal put in the top 10 range. That's about where I would expect FO to pay Dak......averaging maybe $20-23M. I don't them paying him anywhere near Ryans money UNLESS we see some serious post-season play TWO straight years.

This was 2011
Eli Manning
QUARTERBACK $97,500,000
Philip Rivers
QUARTERBACK $91,800,000
Peyton Manning
QUARTERBACK $90,000,000
Ben Roethlisberger
QUARTERBACK $87,986,500
Michael Vick
QUARTERBACK $80,000,000
Sam Bradford
QUARTERBACK $78,045,000
Matthew Stafford
QUARTERBACK $72,000,000

Tom Brady
QUARTERBACK $72,000,000
Tony Romo
QUARTERBACK $67,500,000

Matt Ryan
QUARTERBACK $67,500,000
Aaron Rodgers
QUARTERBACK $63,520,000

Given the rhetoric coming from the Joneses I am not certain of anything. They talk like he is getting top dollar.

cern

Reaction score
In the End, yes.
I actually don't think he, personally, cares about a figure, but knows his worth.
He trusts his agent, and that's a good thing. It took me three agents to find one I truly trust and know is on my side. I had to sue one. Damn shame.
I more wonder what Stephen is thinking right this very second upon said subject.
He is in a most enviable position. If we don't make him the highest paid o-lineman in the game, other teams will queue up for the honor.