Zeke gets sued

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Zeke should not be allowed to own dogs. This stuff is happening too much. He is an irresponsible dog owner that should have those dogs took away and given to people that know what they're doing and can give them the attention, love, and training that they deserve.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Neglect by the homeowner is exactly what the liability coverage of the homeowners policy is for.

Texas is not a strict liability state for dog attacks though, so it will be interesting how this goes. My wife got bit by a dog 2 years ago and a lawyer wouldn’t even take the case.

Yes...homeowner's insurance covers neglect by the insured.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
As long as the owner is Zeke, he is also liable. Maybe he should have tied them up while the company was doing work at his place knowing they could get out. Especially knowing they have attacked before. Whoever his insurance company is, will drop him like a hot potato after this incident. You sue who has the deep pockets.

In this case Zeke has the deep pockets. Probably a lot more than the limits of his coverage. HE probably has a liability umbrella if he was well advised but even in that case the limits might only be a million or two.

sacase

Reaction score
How many times have his dogs bit people? Does Texas not have any laws concerning vicious animals? I thought after the second bite they got put down. Or is this a case of I have money so I don't follow the rules....

conner01

Reaction score
I believe homeowners insurance should cover?
It does unless he has a rider for certain dogs
And he could since I believe this isn’t first time
But he may very well be found to not be liable much since it wasn’t his negligence that allowed dog to get out

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t they only award something low like 60k if you lose a fingers or something. Nice try neighbor. On a side note, what was up with Zeke on the sideline of the hof game? He lost 10lbs, looked as stoned as Ricky Williams, and picked up a couple extra nose rings. Eh whatever.
Meh...I'd give you 2 of 5 stars ands certainly no likes. Gonna have to try a LITTLE bite okay bro?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Didn’t Zeke have dog complaints last year? Maybe the same neighbor?

Not sure if it was the same neighbor last year, but there has been a prior dog incident and this makes him even more liable now. He is being sued for $1M, but that is always a pie in the sky first demand. Settlement will be made out of court for sure and maybe get half of that. Stupidity carries a steep price on this one. Zeke will get a nice letter from his insurance company about cancellation of the policy.

conner01

Reaction score
Not sure if it was the same neighbor last year, but there has been a prior dog incident and this makes him even more liable now. He is being sued for $1M, but that is always a pie in the sky first demand. Settlement will be made out of court for sure and maybe get half of that. Stupidity carries a steep price on this one. Zeke will get a nice letter from his insurance company about cancellation of the policy.
His liability could be very limited
He didn’t let or allow dog to get out
They may better look at the contractor who will have insurance I assume

cowboyec

Reaction score
Pay the bill
Unless there is some major scares I don’t see them getting much more than actual losses
im sure this gets settled out of court.
for far less than one mil.
unless its total horse crap.
then the lawyers settle it in a duel to the death...figurtively speaking...not literally.

cowboyec

Reaction score
You're embarrassing yourself simply for a gold star from Rockport.

She was attacked by his dog. That's not okay and he should be held accountable.

Yes, even a Dallas Cowboy player.
im sure this has kept you up at night.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
His liability could be very limited
He didn’t let or allow dog to get out
They may better look at the contractor who will have insurance I assume

They are his dogs. They have attacked before. He should have had them tied up during the time he had a contractor out to even protect the contractor too. Isn't that what normal people do who have any sense. ? The fact they got out when gate left open by contractor does not exclude him from any liability. It is his name on the lawsuit and who will go to court. Zeke and his agent do not want this type of publicity, so who do you think will pay? Maybe not a million, but will indeed have to settle somehow. Remember $1.000 to you and me is different than $1,000 to Zeke.

The court could also award punitive damages because of gross negligence.

conner01

Reaction score
They are his dogs. They have attacked before. He should have had them tied up during the time he had a contractor out to even protect the contractor too. Isn't that what normal people do who have any sense. ? The fact they got out when gate left open by contractor does not exclude him from any liability. It is his name on the lawsuit and who will go to court. Zeke and his agent do not want this type of publicity, so who do you think will pay? Maybe not a million, but will indeed have to settle somehow. Remember $1.000 to you and me is different than $1,000 to Zeke.

The court could also award punitive damages because of gross negligence.
I don’t see court court ruling gross negligence when it wasn’t his fault the dog got out
Sure could have tied him up but having a fence is a reasonable precaution