Zeke gets sued

conner01

Reaction score
Lawyers don't like it if there's no broken bones or massive blood.
I’ve never seen how bad the bite was
The worse the damage the more expensive it will be to settle
I just haven’t paid any attention to how serious the injuries were or if they’ve even been reported on

conner01

Reaction score
im sure this gets settled out of court.
for far less than one mil.
unless its total horse crap.
then the lawyers settle it in a duel to the death...figurtively speaking...not literally.
The biggest payday they assume is Zeke
But to me it would be both he and the contractor
You have two people and likely two insurance companies to pay you

khiladi

Reaction score
7bbk.gif

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
They are his dogs. They have attacked before. He should have had them tied up during the time he had a contractor out to even protect the contractor too. Isn't that what normal people do who have any sense. ? The fact they got out when gate left open by contractor does not exclude him from any liability. It is his name on the lawsuit and who will go to court. Zeke and his agent do not want this type of publicity, so who do you think will pay? Maybe not a million, but will indeed have to settle somehow. Remember $1.000 to you and me is different than $1,000 to Zeke.

The court could also award punitive damages because of gross negligence.
I consider tying dogs up to be cruelty to animals and it will make them more aggressive

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it is discovered to be neglect on Zeke's part I doubt the insurance company will shell out a single dollar. Zeke should consider getting a cat or a fish bowl. Unless he doesn't care that his neighbors keep getting attacked.
Neglence on Zeke would be why the insurance would pay under liability. My guess his homeowners has already denied it if the lawn company let the dogs out.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Neglence on Zeke would be why the insurance would pay under liability. My guess his homeowners has already denied it if the lawn company let the dogs out.
And they should Zeke did nothing wrong the dogs were in confinement He probably has security cameras that will show it

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And they should Zeke did nothing wrong the dogs were in confinement He probably has security cameras that will show it
Exactly...his homeowners will defend it. Lawyers will make some money...thats about it. Her attorney probably threatened this to get them to pay...having his name and lawsuit, they called his hand. Suit filed.

Happens so much these days in the insurance business.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
"allegedly".
never seen a million dollar dog-bite...you?
Yes. A old friend of mine let his 6 year old daughter spend the night with a neighbor who was also taking care of someone's Chow (my friend knew nothing about). Apparently the dog got into the house and attacked the young girl who was laying on the floor and disfigured her face. After 10 surgeries, she still cannot smile and has to wake up the rest of her days that way. No price tag on something like that.
Now obviously this situation was not that, but lawyers are know for beefing up the suit only to settle for less to make the case go away. This it probably the case here. Settle, payoff and move on. It's the Cowboy way.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Yes. A old friend of mine let his 6 year old daughter spend the night with a neighbor who was also taking care of someone's Chow (my friend knew nothing about). Apparently the dog got into the house and attacked the young girl who was laying on the floor and disfigured her face. After 10 surgeries, she still cannot smile and has to wake up the rest of her days that way. No price tag on something like that.
Now obviously this situation was not that, but lawyers are know for beefing up the suit only to settle for less to make the case go away. This it probably the case here. Settle, payoff and move on. It's the Cowboy way.
yes...a situation like that...no amount is enough.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Doesnt matter to the court,, Zeke contracted the work, the dogs are Zekes responsibility.

I will respectfully disagree here. If you hire someone and they do something that causes your neighbors harm then that is their responsibility not yours. It's like saying if your mechanic gets into an accident while road testing your car and hurts someone you're liable. You absolutely are not. Business liability extends to any act committed by those in their employ while working on the company's behalf. In this instance the contractors at Zeke's house were the ones who were negligent, not Zeke.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I find your comment ridiculous. There's no such thing as a dog who just bites people. That is a behavior taught by the owner. Keep scumbags away from owning dogs would be my solution.
Yep and Zeke is not a scumbag

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They are his dogs. They have attacked before. He should have had them tied up during the time he had a contractor out to even protect the contractor too. Isn't that what normal people do who have any sense. ? The fact they got out when gate left open by contractor does not exclude him from any liability. It is his name on the lawsuit and who will go to court. Zeke and his agent do not want this type of publicity, so who do you think will pay? Maybe not a million, but will indeed have to settle somehow. Remember $1.000 to you and me is different than $1,000 to Zeke.

The court could also award punitive damages because of gross negligence.

i take it you didn’t read the article. It says she is suing both Zeke and the contractor company

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
i take it you didn’t read the article. It says she is suing both Zeke and the contractor company
I tried to point that out and 2 people were bit and went to the hospital Wonder what the 2nd person is planning

DanA

Reaction score
Yep and Zeke is not a scumbag

Is that four dog attacks now?......the facts point to the opposite.

I will respectfully disagree here. If you hire someone and they do something that causes your neighbors harm then that is their responsibility not yours. It's like saying if your mechanic gets into an accident while road testing your car and hurts someone you're liable. You absolutely are not. Business liability extends to any act committed by those in their employ while working on the company's behalf. In this instance the contractors at Zeke's house were the ones who were negligent, not Zeke.

They both are negligent. This is a reoccurring problem, it seems like every time a mistake is made around those dogs, someone gets mauled. Given the history you can't just say "keep the gate shut for the dogs"......it's not enough.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Is that four dog attacks now?......the facts point to the opposite.

They both are negligent. This is a reoccurring problem, it seems like every time a mistake is made around those dogs, someone gets mauled. Given the history you can't just say "keep the gate shut for the dogs"......it's not enough.
How many times has he been fined Dallas has viscous dog laws and his poochies would have been removed if they met the criteria

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
This is the 4th or 5th time this topic has been posted how many times is enough? all it does is create arguments