Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
He just threw Gooddell under the bus.
No, he didn't. This whole lawsuit by Zeke hinges on the fairness of the process and if Goodell did not have full information when he made his decision. NFL lawyer was saying Goodell did have full information, but made the decision to suspend anyway. Which is in his broad powers to do.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If she applies the correct logic to this ruling, she will issue the injunction.

She just needs to ask herself ..

1) Is there a chance Elliott could win his case?
Yes .. she doesn't have to think he will win, just that he can win.

2) Will anyone be negatively impacted if the injunction is not issued?
Yes .. Elliott, Dallas Cowboys, ticker holders (not just Cowboys fans either), etc.

3) Will anyone be negatively impacted if the injunction is issued?
No .. other than maybe NFL public relations, but at this point .. does it matter?

Ghost12

Reaction score
Zeke's trying to clear his name of dv, if he's innocent, he has to fight it as long as he can. He doesn't have Brady type money yet. Plus it's more than money.
This court is not about guilt or innocence, it is about the arbitration process. Nobody is going to "clear his name" here. The very best he can hope for is the court says the arbitration process was so ridiculously unfair that the suspension is overturned.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
Zeke's trying to clear his name of dv, if he's innocent, he has to fight it as long as he can. He doesn't have Brady type money yet. Plus it's more than money.

There are some who seem to forget this, A lot of people have said just take the suspension and get it over with, this is more than just fans wanting the Cowboys to make the playoffs, this is about clearing his name, not what we want

ShortRound

Reaction score
This court is not about guilt or innocence, it is about the arbitration process. Nobody is going to "clear his name" here. The very best he can hope for is the court says the arbitration process was so ridiculously unfair that the suspension is overturned.

That's good enough honestly. Didn't the cops not even pursue a case?

Reaction score
Any lawyers have any guesses as to what they think will happen? Where is @casmith07

Walk me off the ledge

Lawyer here. Judge said don't read into her questions. But we must. I don't like the tenor of her questions. But they don't seem to address the irrepable harm issue, Zeke's strongest issue temporarily to remain playing. My prediction is that he still may win the battle and get the temporary restraining order to continue playing for a number of weeks, but lose the war and ultimately serve the suspension.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Still hard to believe this is the case the league decided to go to war over and cause a work stoppage over.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Lawyer here. Judge said don't read into her questions. But we must. I don't like the tenor of her questions. But they don't seem to address the irrepable harm issue, Zeke's strongest issue temporarily to remain playing. My prediction is that he still may win the battle and get the temporary restraining order, but lose the war and ultimately serve the suspension.

The name changes are killing me lol... I don't like any of it, but I appreciate you pulling me back...I guess I will jump with a parachute

Ghost12

Reaction score
If she applies the correct logic to this ruling, she will issue the injunction.

She just needs to ask herself ..

1) Is there a chance Elliott could win his case?
Yes .. she doesn't have to think he will win, just that he can win.
She is the one who will be rendering the verdict, so she is the one who has the best idea if he has a potentially winnable argument.
2) Will anyone be negatively impacted if the injunction is not issued?
Yes .. Elliott, Dallas Cowboys, ticker holders (not just Cowboys fans either), etc.
She will not be remotely concerned with the Cowboys or ticket holders being negatively affected as they are not parties to the litigation (actually the Cowboys technically are a party to the litigation on the other side).

But having said that, yes Elliott would definitely be negatively impacted in a manner that most reasonable people agreed couldn't be made whole.
3) Will anyone be negatively impacted if the injunction is issued?
No, other than maybe NFL public relations, but at this point .. does it matter?
The NFL is trying to argue they are indeed negatively impacted but IMHO their arguments are quite lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.