Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumfool

Reaction score
I believe she had her mind made up about irreparable harm. She needed to hear why this case needed to be heard period.

Verdict

Reaction score
If she applies the correct logic to this ruling, she will issue the injunction.

She just needs to ask herself ..

1) Is there a chance Elliott could win his case?
Yes .. she doesn't have to think he will win, just that he can win.

2) Will anyone be negatively impacted if the injunction is not issued?
Yes .. Elliott, Dallas Cowboys, ticker holders (not just Cowboys fans either), etc.

3) Will anyone be negatively impacted if the injunction is issued?
No .. other than maybe NFL public relations, but at this point .. does it matter?

You are thinking like a lawyer. Well played.

cowboys1985

Reaction score

Why are you guys freakin out??

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but it sounds like she's taking into consideration of other court opinions regarding irreparable harm. If true, to me it makes sense that she's also taking into consideration that the other court also granted the injunction as well. So maybe instead of starting off at square one and hearing the arguments, she's starting at the other courts granted it, and now tell me why they were wrong. To me that's an advantage for Zeke.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but it sounds like she's taking into consideration of other court opinions regarding irreparable harm. If true, to me it makes sense that she's also taking into consideration that the other court also granted the injunction as well. So maybe instead of starting off at square one and hearing the arguments, she's starting at the other courts granted it, and now tell me why they were wrong. To me that's an advantage for Zeke.
To me, the irreparable harm argument is a no brainer. If he doesn't get the injunction, it's just a slap in the face regarding his chances of winning the actual hearing in a couple months or so. I still like his chances to play out this season, I just wouldn't go betting on next year.

bud914

Reaction score
There isn't going to be a work stoppage over this. The CBA still has 3 full years left and no one in 2020 is going to care about what happened to Elliott today.
completely disagree. no way the players give the next commissioner the same powers. either the NFL changes the policy or the players walk. IMO

Sydla

Reaction score
To me, the irreparable harm argument is a no brainer. If he doesn't get the injunction, it's just a slap in the face regarding his chances of winning the actual hearing in a couple months or so. I still like his chances to play out this season, I just wouldn't go betting on next year.

You would think.

The league seems to think that if they eventually lose, they can just back pay Elliott and it's all good. It's a weak argument IMO.

Ghost12

Reaction score
disagree. player suspensions and weed will be front and center.
Oh sure, the issue will be discussed and the players will look to change the language.... but it just won't be a hill the entire union is willing to die on. How many players have actually been impacted by article 46? A half dozen?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
You guys should stop freaking about the rushed ruling. It’s being rushed because the TRO expires. The judge just needs to believe there’s at least a 1% chance that Zeke can win in court. And if she doesn’t then Zeke wasn’t winning the case anyway. Then the appeals process comes into play.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There isn't going to be a work stoppage over this. The CBA still has 3 full years left and no one in 2020 is going to care about what happened to Elliott today.
They may do if it happens time after time from false accusations from hood rats

Status
Not open for further replies.