Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I recently argued a similar issue before a state Supreme Court. The law seemed to favor the opposing party about showing abuse of discretion. If you took the cases literally we were going to lose. We had lost the issue twice in lower courts.

If you look at the spirit of why the laws are in place and think about things in practical terms we had a pretty good chance. The Supreme Court agreed with our arguments and granted the relief requested summarily.

Chalk that win up to the good guys as they prevailed in that matter.

All that tells me is that stuff is in the hands of a person who thinks what they're thinking at the moment upon things.
the arguments only go so far.
Too much subject for translation and interpretation here for things to be truly fair.

Here's a drink for the Best.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That's a good point! I had another line of text in my post but I removed it because I kept seeing how people would take it the wrong way. It basically said that by her not being made available to the defense, that should at least create question as to the accuracy of her claims given the comments by the person who actually talked with her saying her story kept changing. However, I did not want to imply that an actual victim refusing to voluntarily testify would somehow invalidate her claims as a whole because many proven victims are afraid to testify for a variety reasons.
Why are you scarred to say she might be lying? I assure you you wouldn't if it was a man in a similar situation. Actually I can't assure it but I can't recall a time ever in a similar situation where a man is the alleged victim where everybody takes all these precautions. To have equality we have to treat everybody similar regardless of gender in these situations.

Corso

Reaction score
Why are you scarred to say she might be lying? I assure you you wouldn't if it was a man in a similar situation. Actually I can't assure it but I can't recall a time ever in a similar situation where a man is the alleged victim where everybody takes all these precautions. To have equality we have to treat everybody similar regardless of gender in these situations.
Reality and reality are two different things. One is the Truth and one is perception.
You tell me which one is more powerful.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was speaking in terms of a non-criminal court proceeding and my comment that you quoted was a general statement that had nothing to do with the accuser in this case. That last sentence was meant to say that just because someone refuses to voluntarily testify does not mean they are not a victim. The questions of credibility of the accuser in this case is already widely known.

Corso

Reaction score
Texans got a 2nd rounder for duane brown and a 5th and Jeremy lane . Good haul
A loss of two picks for guys who won't move any needle.
Not like their picks would either, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.