Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL also offered Brady a deal to reduce the suspension to 2 games and he refused. If the NFL offered Zeke a 3 game suspension to start the season I wonder if he would've taken it?
This case is much different as this will dramatically impact Elliott's non-salary revenue potential such as endorsements, future contracts, post-football, etc. and also follow him for years if not the rest of his life. Being accused and convicted (which a suspension would be treated as by most people who are not Cowboys fans or NFL fans) of assaulting a woman is considered much worse than a guy who may have asked someone to take a couple of psi out of some footballs.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I assume he wouldn't. He knows he's innocent. He's not interested in taking anything for something he didn't do.
Would you be interested? I ask on the real.

I don't expect you to reply to this, but I do ask:

Would You fight this to the End, if you knew you were innocent, or would you take that stigma and be labeled, to help your team?

I really don't expect you to answer. That would take courage.

Ghost12

Reaction score
This case is much different as this will dramatically impact Elliott's non-salary revenue potential such as endorsements, future contracts, post-football, etc. and also follow him for years if not the rest of his life. Being accused and convicted (which a suspension would be treated as by most people who are not Cowboys fans or NFL fans) of assaulting a woman is considered much worse than a guy who may have asked someone to take a couple of psi out of football.s
Do you honestly think that anything that happens in some NY courtroom will significantly change public perception on that issue?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
So can someone give me an update or a tldr of what’s going on please?

Verdict

Reaction score
Do you honestly think that anything that happens in some NY courtroom will significantly change public perception on that issue?

It might. If a judge blistered the NFL for unfairness in its decision I don't know why it wouldn't affect the publication view of things.

Ghost12

Reaction score
So can someone give me an update or a tldr of what’s going on please?
tldr version: We are waiting to hear whether or not Elliott gets to play this year or not and the decision is coming sometime tonight.

agk136

Reaction score
Would you be interested? I ask on the real:

I don't expect you to reply to this, but I do ask:

Would You fight this to the End, if you knew you were innocent, or would you take that stigma and be labeled, to help your team?

I really don't expect you to answer. That would take courage.

I would fight it to the end if I'm innocent. I fought a divorce for 12 (twelve years) when I found out the ex and her attorney filed fraudulent bank and real estate documents.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No one is protesting Cowboys games and Zeke doesn't wear the Scarlett Letter like Rice or Hardy

Makes it all the more puzzling why the NFL i dying on this hill..... the public pressure for justice isn't there

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It might. If a judge blistered the NFL for unfairness in its decision I don't know why it wouldn't affect the publication view of things.
Already have a couple judges do that already.
Why would this one do more to the public?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If in the end, Elliott wins the entire case (not just an injunction ruling), there will be a lot of articles about how he was unfairly treated, but there will also be articles about how there had to be something to it and how he got away with it.

No matter the outcome, I would suspect his potential non-salary earnings potential will be forever impacted. Winning this case would at least help improve things some, but never to the extent of what it would have been had this never happened.

We as a society are too eager to judge and convict when it comes to what we consider heinous or highly offensive crimes. It's the "if someone is accused, they must be guilty" attitude too many people have until it happens to them or someone they care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.