Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost12

Reaction score
If in the end, Elliott wins the entire case (not just an injunction ruling), there will be a lot of articles about how he was unfairly treated, but there will also be articles about how there had to be something to it and how he got away with it.

No matter the outcome, I would suspect his potential non-salary earnings potential will be forever impacted. Winning this case would at least help improve things some, but never to the extent of what it would have been had this never happened.
Very fair-minded take.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would fight it to the end if I'm innocent. I fought a divorce for 12 (twelve years) when I found out the ex and her attorney filed fraudulent bank and real estate documents.
Hot damn right.
You fight and you fight and you fight until the knuckles are blood and there's no alternative.

And I'm sorry you had to go through that garbage. Been there and it's a scar that's not lightly taken away. Even with a good relationship.

links18

Reaction score
No one is protesting Cowboys games and Zeke doesn't wear the Scarlett Letter like Rice or Hardy

Makes it all the more puzzling why the NFL i dying on this hill..... the public pressure for justice isn't there

Might this be payback for Jerry going against the league consensus and signing Hardy a few years back? Goodell couldn't have been happy about it.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think the thing that works against the NFL is there is no need to "rush to judgment" by the court. An injunction preserves the status quo during that time period that all of the facts are weighed.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Hot damn right.
You fight and you fight and you fight until the knuckles are blood and there's no alternative.

And I'm sorry you had to go through that garbage. Been there and it's a scar that's not lightly taken away. Even with a good relationship.

Exactly. People on the sideline telling Zeke to just give up and take the suspension are pretty ignorant. This is his life. Those are hefty game checks he would miss and not to mention he is trying to clear his name (even though the slander is already there no matter the outcome). You don't just give up and let the NFL witch hunt win that easy.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is protesting Cowboys games and Zeke doesn't wear the Scarlett Letter like Rice or Hardy

Makes it all the more puzzling why the NFL i dying on this hill..... the public pressure for justice isn't there
This has been a no-win situation for the NFL for a while. What little (if any) public support they gain from winning this battle will pale in comparison to what they have already lost and what they may end up losing among the public, the fans, the CBA, etc.

I have said for a while now the NFL should have run from this as fast as they could long ago.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well it's past 8 on the east coast but there is really no official deadline....

Yeah. The judge will probably issue her ruling since she said she would but quite honestly if she changes her mind she is the one in the black robe with the gavel in her hand so she can wait until tomorrow if she wants to even if the rules say she can't. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.