Zeke or Barkley? Who was the better prospect

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Give me a list of these great backs with no lines.
Ok youngun. Barry Sanders, Walter Payton (Notoriously bad OL), Jim Brown, Bo Jackson, Tony Dorsett (Our line wasn't great then. Adequate, not great), OJ Simpson, (First ever to gained 2,000 yards in a season. Was his line the best ever? not even close) Terrell Davis (Another 2,000 yard in a season runner with an average OL) Eric Dickerson (still holds the season rushing yardage. Great OL? NOPE), Jamall Lewis (2,000 yard rusher in Baltimore? OL must be gods.....) Adrian Peterson, (Vikings must have had the best OL.....) or what about Chris Johnson? The Titans had the best OL right? Wrong again.

Fact is, all of the 2,000 yard rushers had average to poor OL. None of them had the street cred that Dallas had in the 90's or today.

Point is, GREAT RB's get it done in the NFL regardless of their OL play. They will never allow the play of the OL to be an excuse for them. That is saved for the jag RB's.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Coming out of college? Probably Barkley. Saw him play three times in college and he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the field. He ran a KO back for a TD in one game I saw him in. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. He is a real stud.

Is he better than Zeke? Maybe. Too early to know. He’s certainly got a better reputation as far as character goes.

The real question is can the midgets put enough talent around him?
The problem is Dallas doesn't use Zeke to his full potential by getting him out into space with the ball. I could see the Giants using Barkley more like the Saints use Kamara except more carries. Barkley is a beast and going to be a problem that defenses must game plan for!

kskboys

Reaction score
I did watch and agree. The reffing is one of the reasons they're losing audience and now they get to make even more calls to stop the games. Watching a game has become as much of a challenge as having sex when you're the telemarketer target of the hour.
I used to simply discount out of hand when people would claim crooked reffing. Thought fans were just being fans. However, then I started noticing some crapp. Some really blatant calls at key times. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any definition, but man, the calls in that game favoring NE were absolutely disgusting.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Ok youngun. Barry Sanders, Walter Payton (Notoriously bad OL), Jim Brown, Bo Jackson, Tony Dorsett (Our line wasn't great then. Adequate, not great), OJ Simpson, (First ever to gained 2,000 yards in a season. Was his line the best ever? not even close) Terrell Davis (Another 2,000 yard in a season runner with an average OL) Eric Dickerson (still holds the season rushing yardage. Great OL? NOPE), Jamall Lewis (2,000 yard rusher in Baltimore? OL must be gods.....) Adrian Peterson, (Vikings must have had the best OL.....) or what about Chris Johnson? The Titans had the best OL right? Wrong again.

Fact is, all of the 2,000 yard rushers had average to poor OL. None of them had the street cred that Dallas had in the 90's or today.

Point is, GREAT RB's get it done in the NFL regardless of their OL play. They will never allow the play of the OL to be an excuse for them. That is saved for the jag RB's.
I specifically remember Barry having an OK Line for a year, or two and that was it. People would whine about all his negative yard rushes, but what are you going to do when the DL can penetrate in half a second?
Barry's dancing was more parts the D in his face at the hand-off than him trying to be pretty and clever.
He was just damn pretty and clever and did what he had to do. Also the O-Line was giving him PTSD, like what happened to Dak with the Atlanta game moving forward.

Barry made me scared like watching Michael Jordan with the ball. That guy made magic.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Gotta love the brainiac fans that don’t think the o-line has had a beneficial effect on Zeke’s production. This team must then be the biggest group of idiots in football then because they’ve invested three 1st round picks, and a 2nd rounder for a group that apparently don’t have anything to do with Zeke’s success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Give me a list of these great backs with no lines.
I didn’t say “ no “ lines. I said “ not great” lines and or teams.

Like OJ,Bo, Walter most of his career,Sanders, Earl, Dickerson about half of career to name a few.

Last edited:

robertfchew

Reaction score
Can't be.

You MUST choose one.

its not even a debate. Emmitt
I used to simply discount out of hand when people would claim crooked reffing. Thought fans were just being fans. However, then I started noticing some crapp. Some really blatant calls at key times. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any definition, but man, the calls in that game favoring NE were absolutely disgusting.

Glad some people are coming around. There is either a clear agenda or goodell has screwed up the game so bad the referees are incapable of calling a legitimate game. There are too many rules that the refs get to interpret how they see fit and then they can't even be called out, no punishments, fines, etc..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What's a naif? If you're going to insult me, at least let me know it, you dumb Brit!!!... lol j/k

Barkley couldn't average 6.0 yards per carry in college. That doesn't seem generational to me.
He won't be going up against Akron, Indiana and Maryland this year.
Everybody thinks he's the next big thing. I'm saying he'll be a bust.
Nobody will remember whether I'm right or wrong... lol
Naif is a term of endearment, lad.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
And Zeke's built like a battle tank...
They both are Barkley is gonna be good I just wish he was gonna be good somewhere else
This kid is a beast
7cb25dd0c1bd3a93108f3239a18938e5

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who were they playing against when you saw him in those three games?

As a sophomore, Zeke ran for 696 yards in three games.
220 against Wisconsin for the Big Ten Championship
230 against #1 Alabama in the Sugar Bowl
246 against Oregon to win the National Championship

76 total carries for 696 yards. What's Barkley done?
BOOM! Here is your answer, folks! ^^^^

Time to close the thread.

Zeke was the better prospect... and he proved it! End of discussion.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
While we're talking top RBs, here is a fun tool that you can use to compare real in-game speed of different NFL players.

http://airyards.com/gamespeed.html

Set the position you're comparing to RB instead of the WR default, add Zeke in, then try plugging in a few other names.

He's a little faster than some other top backs like Kareem Hunt and Le'Veon Bell, but compared to the top prospects of recent years like Gurley and Leonard Fournette, he's a step behind. It will be really interesting to see where Saquon slots in here as well.

Speaking of Fournette, he is one scary dude. He plays at 240 and is STILL probably the fastest halfback in the NFL. Seriously - plug him into the graph. If his ankle quits bothering him, he is going to be a freaking terror.