2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Muhast;4618545 said:
dwight-faces.png

:laugh2:

the harlem globe trotters one cracks me up!

Reaction score
MC KAos;4618529 said:
i think maybe the rockets feel like they could talk howard into staying, they probably gained that confidence from seeing D Will resign with the nets even over his hometown team. from seeing his relationship with love, i think mchale is a players coach, and dwight would love him. id say if they get him, they would have a decent shot at keeping him, maybe between 30 and 50 percent considering the money difference between staying and leaving. the rockets have a very good core of young players, i think its worth the shot.

Houston has no shot of keeping Dwight Howard. None. I don't know what solid young players you're talking about. They'll be traded to Orlando.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4618563 said:
Houston has no shot of keeping Dwight Howard. None. I don't know what solid young players you're talking about. They'll be traded to Orlando.

i bet you were saying the same with about the nets and williams. its not easy walking away from 20+ million dollars. and the rockets had a very good draft, and the players they are sending are the higher paid guys that dont contribute as much or dont fit in with their plans, like martin. they had a really good draft, IMO. If they get howard, i think they will make the playoffs, and could have space for another max player next summer.

juck

Reaction score
D12 may be a Mav next year. Cuban worked all 1 year deals basically.And will have a huge amount of Cap. Im not banking on it but........

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4618579 said:
D12 may be a Mav next year. Cuban worked all 1 year deals basically.And will have a huge amount of Cap. Im not banking on it but........

:laugh2: here we go again!

Reaction score
juck;4618579 said:

You said that about Deron Williams.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4618535 said:
Brand is still a very solid player, but the 76ers had him locked up into a bad contract. Sometimes you gotta let them go. They have a very deep team and should be alright.

I'm curious about the rules here-- could Brand re-sign with the 76ers at a lower contract, if he chose to do so??

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4618602 said:
You said that about Deron Williams.
If Houston takes him he wont sign there. Who has space to sign him next year that he would want? You tell me NBA whiz...

juck

Reaction score
silverbear;4618716 said:
I'm curious about the rules here-- could Brand re-sign with the 76ers at a lower contract, if he chose to do so??
Only if he made it thru waivers. At 5pm the bid is over.He aint making it thru waivers.

Reaction score
juck;4619072 said:
If Houston takes him he wont sign there. Who has space to sign him next year that he would want? You tell me NBA whiz...

What's the incentive for him to go to Dallas? Dirk will be 35 and have maybe a year or two left. Unless Dallas can somehow get CP3 I don't see it. If Dwight is traded to Houston I think he'll walk and go to his hometown of Atlanta. Like Dallas they will cap room. However unlike Dallas they have a solid young trio in Teague, Horford, and Josh Smith who is Dwight's BFF. Add Dwight to that team and they're a legit contender.

Jeff Teague
Lou Williams
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Dwight Howard

Who knows maybe CP3 decides to bolt as well.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't see Dwight in Dallas either. Other then money, which he can get from several teams next year, there is not much that would draw him to Dallas. I agree that Atlanta would be at the top of the list. He would obviously like to see how he might get back to Brooklyn. Yeah, Dallas would be hard to figure I think.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4619120 said:
I don't see Dwight in Dallas either. Other then money, which he can get from several teams next year, there is not much that would draw him to Dallas. I agree that Atlanta would be at the top of the list. He would obviously like to see how he might get back to Brooklyn. Yeah, Dallas would be hard to figure I think.

He can't get back to Brooklyn. They have ZERO cap room unless they can somehow get rid of Johnson's contract. Lakers would still be a possibility via sign and trade. Bynum would be the piece getting Howard obviously, but I'd rather try to get CP3.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4619124 said:
He can't get back to Brooklyn. They have ZERO cap room unless they can somehow get rid of Johnson's contract.

He could go back but Brooklyn would have to free up cap or just decide to pay the luxury tax it would take or both. That could happen with that owner. We would be foolish to think that Brooklyn was out of the question if both the Nets and Dwight wanted to make that happen. There is always a way to structure a deal if you really want to get it done.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4619128 said:
He could go back but Brooklyn would have to free up cap or just decide to pay the luxury tax it would take or both. That could happen with that owner. We would be foolish to think that Brooklyn was out of the question if both the Nets and Dwight wanted to make that happen. There is always a way to structure a deal if you really want to get it done.

How? Again they are in cap hell now with that ridiculous max signing of Brook Lopez, they have Joe Johnson who has the worst contract in the league.

Anyways speaking of the clown. Here's some news. Houston has offered a new trade proposal for Howard.

Rockets Submit New Trade Proposal

Dwight-Howard-frustrated.jpg

The Houston Rockets have reconstructed their trade proposal to the Orlando Magic for superstar center Dwight Howard, vowing to take back even more long-term salary from the Magic than before in hopes of convincing Orlando to consent to trade Howard directly to Houston, according to sources briefed on the trade talks.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets, if they go ahead with their widely reported plans to release starting power forward Luis Scola via the NBA's amnesty clause, are prepared to absorb the contracts of Jason Richardson, Glen Davis and Chris Duhon -- in addition to sending Orlando multiple future first-round picks and recent draftees -- to give the Magic an opportunity to wipe their payroll virtually clean for their post-Howard rebuilding effort.

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey is feverishly trying to construct a trade that will allow the Rockets to take back, in addition to Howard, some combination of Richardson, Davis, Duhon and Hedo Turkoglu. With Scola's three remaining seasons valued at roughly $21 million off the books, the Rockets believe they can create the requisite cap space to do so.

Source: ESPN

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4619131 said:
How? Again they are in cap hell now with that ridiculous max signing of Brook Lopez, they have Joe Johnson who has the worst contract in the league.

Anyways speaking of the clown. Here's some news. Houston has offered a new trade proposal for Howard.

There is no hard cap in the NBA. If you want to sign a guy, you can. It is possible and clearly, both Dwight and the Nets want this to happen. Not saying it will but I would also not bet against that.

BTW, Lakers are also in discussion with Jamison, Elton Brand and Jermaine O'Neal according to reports. Obviously, Brand would have to clear waivers but they are talking I guess.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4619167 said:
There is no hard cap in the NBA. If you want to sign a guy, you can. It is possible and clearly, both Dwight and the Nets want this to happen. Not saying it will but I would also not bet against that.

BTW, Lakers are also in discussion with Jamison, Elton Brand and Jermaine O'Neal according to reports. Obviously, Brand would have to clear waivers but they are talking I guess.

He'd have to take the mini MLE though. Don't see that happening.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Stein was saying this morning that he thinks that if Houston gets him, there's a much better chance than some think that they convince him to re-sign. Among other things, Hakeem has a great connection with younger players and could convince him that it's a good place to be.

And I agree. There are a lot worse places to live than Houston. Howard is such a flake, you never know. And they would have Bird rights.

And like Stein said, at worst if he were still insistent on leaving, they could always trade him at the deadline for something.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4619175 said:
He'd have to take the mini MLE though. Don't see that happening.

On the Brand thing, apparently he has interest in getting back to L.A. How great that interest is I don't know but I guess that's the angel that is being discussed. I think that if he is truly interested in coming back to L.A., the Lakers could probably design a contract that might pay Brand a minimum on the front end but escalate in years 2, 3 and 4 or however they might want to do it. Cap is a problem today but it won't be in future years if the Lakers want to free it up. I don't know if that's of interest to either party but that's what could be worked out if both wanted to make a deal work.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4619182 said:
Stein was saying this morning that he thinks that if Houston gets him, there's a much better chance than some think that they convince him to re-sign. Among other things, Hakeem has a great connection with younger players and could convince him that it's a good place to be.

And I agree. There are a lot worse places to live than Houston. Howard is such a flake, you never know. And they would have Bird rights.

And like Stein said, at worst if he were still insistent on leaving, they could always trade him at the deadline for something.

I don't see it. With this trade Houston would basically be the West version of the Magic. What's in the incentive for him to stay?

juck

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4619183 said:
On the Brand thing, apparently he has interest in getting back to L.A. How great that interest is I don't know but I guess that's the angel that is being discussed. I think that if he is truly interested in coming back to L.A., the Lakers could probably design a contract that might pay Brand a minimum on the front end but escalate in years 2, 3 and 4 or however they might want to do it. Cap is a problem today but it won't be in future years if the Lakers want to free it up. I don't know if that's of interest to either party but that's what could be worked out if both wanted to make a deal work.
He is NOT making thru waivers.He also wants Dallas. He actually said it.