Andy Dalton Vs Tony Romo

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
By the product that is on the field that the whole world sees and judges.
That doesn't answer the question. How do you measure the individual performance of a quarterback?

How do you reach the conclusion that Romo's "product" is average?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Aww, it's so cute to see two bottom of the barrel Romo haters bonding over their buffoonery. "Hey bro, you shoulda seen that time, I was holdin' it down for us, bro". Who knew that posing as fans in order to troll a message board could bring people together?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Want to know what the Cowboys would look like in the playoffs with a great defense? The Bengals. Romo would do the same choking Dalton did.

I thought Kapernick was a prime example of choking last night but got away with it. A terrible pass in the flats that hit the defender in the hands and the defender drops it and Kapernick goes on to have the game winning drive. See, sometime it has nothing to do with the QB but circumstances. Reminded me of the drop of the Eli Interception by the Asanti Samuel that allowed Eli to continue the game winning drive. Sometimes QB's get away with those passes, but they all choke a percentage of the time.

The Natural

Reaction score
Aww, it's so cute to see two bottom of the barrel Romo haters bonding over their buffoonery. "Hey bro, you shoulda seen that time, I was holdin' it down for us, bro". Who knew that posing as fans in order to troll a message board could bring people together?

your avatar disgusts me. so by association you disgust me as well

johnson2

Reaction score
why dont you actually address the post and not make up a scenario based on your own opinion.

brady brees rodgers peyton.

pick one.

tell me how many sb's they have won with def qb rating over 80.

45 combined season for those 4 qbs.

0 superbowls with def qb rating over 80.

so if romo is not the answer who is? cuz clearly the best 4 qb's of our generation have never got it done with a defense like ours either.

this post is so good i gotta quote myself, bro. shut it down.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

Percy, I kind of like you but you have to stop asking silly questions to try and trap me. I understand you love statistics and think they are the be all end all of how to rank a QB, but you are just flat our wrong. Romo is a QB that can play above average during the regular season(minus a few games) and then choke or play below average when you need him most (Elimination/Playoff games). To me, this makes him an overall average QB. He is right there with the other average guys like Dalton, Cutler, Rivers, Palmer, Stafford, etc. None of these guys will lead their teams to the super bowl or win a super bowl. None of them will make the hall of fame either.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I thought Kapernick was a prime example of choking last night but got away with it. A terrible pass in the flats that hit the defender in the hands and the defender drops it and Kapernick goes on to have the game winning drive. See, sometime it has nothing to do with the QB but circumstances. Reminded me of the drop of the Eli Interception by the Asanti Samuel that allowed Eli to continue the game winning drive. Sometimes QB's get away with those passes, but they all choke a percentage of the time.

Yeah, Kap sucks. :rolleyes:

ufcrules1

Reaction score
yup just like i figured. no answer. keep throwing your expert opinions around though.

I'm not going to compare elite QB's WITH SUPER BOWL RINGS to average QB's who have a history of choking in elimination/playoff games. It's not fair to the elite QB's or the average QB's.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
That doesn't answer the question. How do you measure the individual performance of a quarterback?

Why would you measure an individual performance of a quarterback? Haven't we all been told ad infinitum, ad nauseum that this is a team game and the results of an individual do mot matter since that individual cannot possibly lose the game by himself?

In the case of the man who will go nameless, his stats are measured, quantified, circumscribed, determined, calculated, considered, and weighed to obscure some of the results that are contrary to the idea one guy can lose the game for the team.

johnson2

Reaction score
I'm not going to compare elite QB's WITH SUPER BOWL RINGS to average QB's who have a history of choking in elimination/playoff games. It's not fair to the elite QB's or the average QB's.

yup just like i figured. no answer. keep throwing your expert opinions around though

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah, Kap sucks. :rolleyes:

Nobody said he sucks - but you cannot deny he threw a pass that should have been intercepted on the last drive of the game can you? ANd it was a terrible pass and decision!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You can just put him on ignore and then you will never have to see the avatar. I just did. And then in about a year, he will have the same opinion as you on Romo and you can take him off of Ignore.

lolwut? What gives, you said that you put me on ignore long ago. My response is the same then as it was now: I'm going to continue to blast your simpleton-powered posts into nothingness. It's far easier for me to not have to deal with your replies as well. Your sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending people like you means we both win in the end.

johnson2

Reaction score
seriously anyone who wants to put the haters in their place just copy/paste this and they will be hopeless. they will avoid you like the plague. they will try to change the subject at all costs like calling out capitalization instead of addressing the post. since they have nothing they will try to start quoting other posters hoping people don't notice they just got body slammed

it has worked for others in other threads and its worked on ufc & natural in this thread.

shut it down

why dont you actually address the post and not make up a scenario based on your own opinion.

brady brees rodgers peyton.

pick one.

tell me how many sb's they have won with def qb rating over 80.

45 combined season for those 4 qbs.

0 superbowls with def qb rating over 80.

so if romo is not the answer who is? cuz clearly the best 4 qb's of our generation have never got it done with a defense like ours either.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Be careful making those statements if you're trying to say THAT'S what makes him a loser. TR has had arguably more than that and still flopped. Of course, having a top defense, better offensive line and stud recievers usually gets you to the playoffs and is kind of a hindsight thing.

I think Dalton is a pretty good QB and makes the same boneheaded throws at times that our own TR makes. He's younger, so naturally his ability to run faster is better than TR at this stage in his career. I think it's a fair comparison if you back up TR a few years...probably close in terms of talent.

Romo had the worst defense in the NFL this year, and the 3rd worst defense statistically in NFL history, and he still put up 31 TD's and 10 INT's.