News: BR: NFL Exec: 'Hard to Pay' Dak Prescott Big Contract After Cowboys' Loss to Purdy, 49ers

mardwin

Reaction score
I agree with you but if you didn't give Dak the extension, you are essentially letting him walk. Who would you have brought in to replace him in the offseason of 2021?
It is 2023, we know what Dak is and what he has always been. With Dak Dallas is no better than the Colts, Falcons, Seahawks, Saints, and Jaguars. None of those teams is paying their QBs the amount Dak is making.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Um, you do know that this Dak contract is going to cripple this team in the next few years, unless they extend him which would be a stupid move because we are never going to win anything with Dak as QB.
If the Cowboys cut Dak in the offseason you break the 60 million dollar cap hit into two seasons at 30 per. It won’t cripple anything with the cap growing. I would just take the 60 million hit and get it over with.

Sydla

Reaction score
Think Philadelphia 76ers.

They were stuck being just OK. Sliding into the playoffs some years as a back end playoff team and then getting smoked in the postseason. So they decided to blow the whole thing up. Now granted, they went extreme and purposely put the shittiest team one could think of on the floor to get high picks.

It's not the model I think Dallas should follow. It's the thinking. Realize that this team is a back end of the playoffs, at best, team. It is not beating Philly or San Fran come postseason. So why keep being just "good", at best, with what we are putting on the field? Blow it up, at least offensively, and start over.

Jipper

Reaction score
I really wish these 2 loses would've been in Dallas.

I wanted to hear the "boooooos". I want to see the trash being thrown. I want to hear the "We Want Lance!" chants.
just wait....there are still a lot of home games left and its going to get ugly

i really hate to be negative about it but last night was the straw that broke the camels back for me on dak...i am done

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
just wait....there are still a lot of home games left and its going to get ugly

i really hate to be negative about it but last night was the straw that broke the camels back for me on dak...i am done
It needs to happen.

The fans must let it be known.

zerofill

Reaction score
He is a great leader... has great intangibles. :laugh:

His brain processes **** like someone 96 years old.
Like I was saying, he doesn't need to spend time working out his body. He has the slowest brain of any starting QB.
Maybe Dak is even smart... But, he processes the game at the speed of granny reading a recipe in the kitchen.

Dude needs to straight up OD on Nootropics, and drink 4 cups of coffee before every game. He may need to pee a lot, but something may work.

Dak do a Google search!
W6ebGeN.png

Swagger

Reaction score
I agree with you but if you didn't give Dak the extension, you are essentially letting him walk. Who would you have brought in to replace him in the offseason of 2021?
Jalen Hurts was available in the second round but the front office didn't draft him in 2020 which was the time to move on from Prescott. Myself and several others on here proposed this resolution.

Jipper

Reaction score
It needs to happen.

The fans must let it be known.

I dunno that its going to matter at all, Jerry is going to Jerry but I will say it would be interesting to see...I am done done with Dak, which is just weird bc i can't honestly ever remember feeling this way about Romo/AIkman...but i am done now, last night was it...counting the days until he is gone.

Nothing has changed, nothing is better, nothing is different and honestly this is killing my cowboys fandom...i literally turned the game off early in the 3rd last night and went and watched old movies...used to be i would not miss a snap and would plan my enitre life around the games...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak appears to be broken. Now Bobby and Brian says the offense is not good for him. The injuries have caught up to him. Let him play out the season then nicely move on. Dak was a good quarterback for us.

zerofill

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts was available in the second round but the front office didn't draft him in 2020 which was the time to move on from Prescott. Myself and several others on here proposed this resolution.
Just need someone who can place a ball in the right spot, and process waaaay faster than Dak.
Cooks and CeeDee both open. The Cooks play it was like he wanted to wait until he was 100% sure there was no way for anyone to catch Cooks...

So he said Cooks only has 4 yards off separation... let me throw him open out of bounds BAHAHA.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
It’s like an NBA team that is constantly a 7-8 seed.

Not good enough to win a championship.

But plays well enough that it takes them out of the draft lottery and reduces their ability to get additional high end talent.
It’s the worst spot to be in, imo. Best to contend or accumulate top talent and build towards that.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
100%

Were on year 8 and more than 100 games (plus postseason games).

We know who Dak is.

There is no next level for him. This is who he is.

Dak is squarely somewhere between Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr tier QB, which is actually a bad place for a franchise. They are just good enough that you invest resources, time, and effort into building the franchise around them. The Raiders only just realized Carr wasn’t the guy that was going to lead them to the promise land.
We call those guys journeymen.