Careful what you ask for

kskboys

Reaction score
Not. You just don't get it.

Oh, but when it came to your boy going to Cabo during the playoffs, you were cool with it? Gotcha.
Yes, I was cool w/ it. Taking a trip at this time to get away from the hoopla and focus on the upcoming game is a good idea.

No, I don't get why clowning around is being trashed.

During one of his super bowl appearances, when starting the last drive, Joe Montana entered the huddle. He looked up in the stands and pointed and said: "Look, there's John Candy."

What a clown.

Why are you calling Romo "my boy". I don't get it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, I was cool w/ it. Taking a trip at this time to get away from the hoopla and focus on the upcoming game is a good idea.

No, I don't get why clowning around is being trashed.

During one of his super bowl appearances, when starting the last drive, Joe Montana entered the huddle. He looked up in the stands and pointed and said: "Look, there's John Candy."

What a clown.

Why are you calling Romo "my boy". I don't get it.
That’s part of his schtick. Anyone who offers any critique of Dak must be a Romo lover. Lol

He was a major Romo basher and what drives his support of Dak.

I guess he doesn’t realize there are those who critique and applaud everyone . It doesn’t fit into their wheel well of trolling. Ha

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s part of his schtick. Anyone who offers any critique of Dak must be a Romo lover. Lol

I guess he doesn’t realize there are those who critique and applaud everyone . It doesn’t fit into their wheel well of trolling. Ha
Hmmmm...

Didn't make any sense to me.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Negative. I bash Dak as well.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So after two weeks he feels like he has already won the job and has been accepted enough to let his true cocky, goofy, idiot, carefree side run free?

I think the guy is a total clown. Listening to him talk is difficult. Then the grandmother outfits at press conferences? I could never play for that guy. Could never take him seriously.

If you had read the comment I was responding to you would have seen the the he in my comment was about Gronkowski who had become a team leader before starting to joke around unlike the new kid Newton.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I didn’t say that at all. You’re trying to characterize to fit your argument.

Here’s my post again ...

“IDK.. I think it’s arguable he has fulfilled expectations to a point. Up until recently probably considered a top 10 type QB. Certainly reaching the Super Bowl and earning a MVP would be meeting expectations.

This response was for when I said Newton didn't live up to the expectations of his 1st pick in the draft And again you stated having a good season that it outweighs the eight seasons of being average at best. I'm not characterizing what you said, you have said twice now that his one good season makes all nine of his seasons meeting the expectations of being the 1st player selected in the draft. Heck there are players taken in the 2nd round that have one good season in 8, 9 or 10 seasons that are then considered as reaches having been drafted in the 2nd round let alone the 1st pick in the draft.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I would love to "pile on" with regards to criticism of Cam Newton but that video is meaningless. If Belichick had an issue with it, then it wouldn't happen.

There is no context with regards to the video. Was it a few minutes when they were somewhat between serious practice snaps or does he do it all the time?
- I'm certain that he does not do it all the time because BB is the HC.

Players occasionally "goof around" to lighten things up. In some circumstances it's a good thing on occasion.

I think Cam Newton is a mental midget that has significantly underachieved his physical talent but a video clip of him dancing around is meaningless.

Most players have the good sense to not do their "goof around" during the time the media is allowed to be there to be able to video it. Again team mates that have been there a while and have earned their team mates respect can get away with goofing around but when you're the new kid on the block that's not the time to be a goof ball, but use that time to impress your new team mates with your football skills. Also we don't know what belicheat may have said to him when the media wasn't around or in the next meeting. He might have had his butt reamed good. Belicheat isn't the type of coach that runs to the media for everything that happens.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Negative. I bash Dak as well.

tenor.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This response was for when I said Newton didn't live up to the expectations of his 1st pick in the draft And again you stated having a good season that it outweighs the eight seasons of being average at best. I'm not characterizing what you said, you have said twice now that his one good season makes all nine of his seasons meeting the expectations of being the 1st player selected in the draft. Heck there are players taken in the 2nd round that have one good season in 8, 9 or 10 seasons that are then considered as reaches having been drafted in the 2nd round let alone the 1st pick in the draft.
No, I said his MVP season met expectations. I didn’t say his entire career did. You’re reading what you want not what I intended.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, I've been to Cowboys training camp practices many times over the years and occasionally players "goof around" to get themselves and others hyped up.

Even when Jimmy was the HC, Kenny Gant did those types of things at least once per practice.
- If Jimmy had a problem with it, then it would not have happened more than once.

If Belichick had a problem with it, the music would shut off in a hurry...

LOL...….Kenny Gant? 25 years ago? Anyone lately? Any starting QB dancing around like a clown?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Meredith and Garrison were always doing crazy stuff. McNabb was caught on tape doing crazy dances. PManning was a joker. Couple or so years ago Fitzpatrick went to the post game interview dressed all flashy like one of his teammates who often wore outrageous stuff.

I'll argue all day that Cam has been an average QB for his career, but his dancing is irrelevant.

Dancing around like a fool isn't the same as cracking jokes and playing pranks. And Cam wasn't dancing with anyone. All by himself.

Really just more weird, out of touch behavior from Cam.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No, I said his MVP season met expectations. I didn’t say his entire career did. You’re reading what you want not what I intended.

OK then ONE season in NINE he lived up to being the 1st pick in the draft but for a career he's far from living up to the expectations of being the 1st player drafted. With that one good season you probably think he's a lock for the HOF too after all you seem to think one season makes a player.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Peyton Manning foolishly dancing around in practice

Ya compare Newton to Peyton Manning. Manning who holds about 12 or 13 NFL records and actually won a couple of Super Bowls compared to the one year wonder Newton. Ya that's believable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OK then ONE season in NINE he lived up to being the 1st pick in the draft but for a career he's far from living up to the expectations of being the 1st player drafted. With that one good season you probably think he's a lock for the HOF too after all you seem to think one season makes a player.
Lol.,Now you’re becoming frustrated .

You really should go back and reread my post. You certainly have misinterpreted my words and argument.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ya compare Newton to Peyton Manning. Manning who holds about 12 or 13 NFL records and actually won a couple of Super Bowls compared to the one year wonder Newton. Ya that's believable.
No, I’m providing more examples of QB’s dancing foolishly in practice.

Amazing how you interpret I’m comparing their QB skills and career. You really struggle interpreting intentions. Lol