CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
take a look at the commitment to run vs pass. that's what we should have done all along. we ran the ball 30 times yesterday, although zeke was averaging 3.5 ypc....MM said it himself that they need to committ to the run during off season and last year they didn't do that enough.

and you assume that Dak would have lost the past three games. given 10,10 and 16, not sure how difficult that would be. lets not forget offense scord 13 points yesterday and defense/special teams if not for a missed field goal, matched the rams scoring. offense is averaging 20 points a game in the past 4 games. how many more games you think we can win averaging 20 points?

the defense is the key to our wins. we have given up 17 points at most in the 4 wins. how many other QBs could win with that kind of output?

Philly game will be a good measure of Rush's ability to lead an offense.

I do think Dak is better than Rush.... 99.999% of the football world agrees, except for a few Dak detractors on this forum. and its blind hatred that drives their motivation.
I never said or assumed Dak would lose those games. You KEEP making stuff up to suit your point.

Yes...the D is playing lights out. But talk about moving goal posts sheesh!

We went from tank the season to he MUST beat Philly to be legit. Crazy.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What would you expect Dak to get with the same number of completions/attempts?

More than 100 lol. I think that is fairly obvious. Dak may not be as good as advertised by Jerry, but he is certainly at least a marginal upgrade over Cooper Rush.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I never said or assumed Dak would lose those games. You KEEP making stuff up to suit your point.

Yes...the D is playing lights out. But talk about moving goal posts sheesh!

We went from tank the season to he MUST beat Philly to be legit. Crazy.

It does not matter if he wins against Philly
More than 100 lol. I think that is fairly obvious. Dak may not be as good as advertised by Jerry, but he is certainly at least a marginal upgrade over Cooper Rush.

The highest average per attempt in the league is around 9 yards. Which is two yards better than Rush. Which yields an extra 20 yards in this game-lol. Try again. The offensive philosophy is altering what can be expected passing. Plenty of people want similar play-calling for Dak, which would eat into those high passing totals. Dak is about to get his shot to prove his worth with a squad more than capable of beating other teams in the NFL without him.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
you are utterly confused person.

I did answer the question. it went right over your head. as they say, you missed the forest because of the trees.

and it sounds like there is a line of argument you had prepared to post and I am not giving you exactly what you want, so you keep trying..... sorry, to ruin your canned response.

You answered nothing..question after question you tried to deflect...everyone who has read what you said sees it too...Cowardly people do that when put on the spot

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Didn't do it once in week 1. That's 20% of the sample size.
So lets have a math lesson. In the 4 games with rush at the helm. We have had 46 offensive drives. 11 of them got to the redzone. That even includes 2 drives that started in the redzone 1 from a turnover another due to a blocked punt. Lets see we still give the offense credit for those 2 drives which is crazy. It still puts the % at 23.91%.

Take those 2 drives away it goes to 19.56%. Worst in the league.

But then we also scored twice from past the 20 2 times.

Haimerej

Reaction score
So lets have a math lesson. In the 4 games with rush at the helm. We have had 46 offensive drives. 11 of them got to the redzone. That even includes 2 drives that started in the redzone 1 from a turnover another due to a blocked punt. Lets see we still give the offense credit for those 2 drives which is crazy. It still puts the % at 23.91%.

Take those 2 drives away it goes to 19.56%. Worst in the league.

But then we also scored twice from past the 20 2 times.

Good stuff. If we're taking stuff away we could probably add in some of those drops to the plus side. Point is, I don't think it's just a QB problem.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Good stuff. If we're taking stuff away we could probably add in some of those drops to the plus side. Point is, I don't think it's just a QB problem.
Maybe but dak is a better qb than Rush in every statistical measure. I like rush hes just not as good. If he was ballin out and the offense was rollin i would be ok with Rush staying in there.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Maybe but dak is a better qb than Rush in every statistical measure. I like rush hes just not as good. If he was ballin out and the offense was rollin i would be ok with Rush staying in there.

I think he's staying within the system more. We'll see when Dak gets back. May not matter if this defense keeps this up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You didn’t want micah parsons.

Your credibility means literally nothing to me or this board.

Jalen Phillips was an all time all pro pass rusher right? Lol

I didn’t want Micah Parsonsns because I didn’t see his value as a linebacker.

Turns out he’s a great pass rusher and while everyone was whining about him being too small for linebacker I was the one saying keep him as a DE.

Cowboys agreed with me.

I still wouldn’t want him as just a pure MLB. He’s nothing special there.

You don’t draft MLBs with high picks like that who can’t cover. It’s just a stupid thing to do.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I didn’t want Micah Parsonsns because I didn’t see his value as a linebacker.

Turns out he’s a great pass rusher and while everyone was whining about him being too small for linebacker I was the one saying keep him as a DE.

Cowboys agreed with me.

I still wouldn’t want him as just a pure MLB. He’s nothing special there.
Hes better than vander trash there

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
What I don’t understand about dak.

why does he refuse to use his legs. He clearly can do it based upon last years playoff game and that last run. Running is a huge part of a lot of other quarterbacks games. Dak used to be money throwing on the run as well.

Why we tried to turn him into Tom Brady is mind boggling to me.

another thought… he needs to stop checking out of runs. Trust the run more… use some read option as well. Would be tough for defenses to stop.