Dak has killed any excitement this fanbase has left

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who would trade for him? What team needs a $55Mish starting QB on their payroll?
There's the problem. Nobody thinks enough of him to offer picks and then pay him that kind of money. Like he wouldn't waive the NTC to go to Minnesota with Jefferson? Right.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
No, Jerry and Stephen are the ones that are responsible for killing any excitement. We need to stop using Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott, etc as the scapegoats. As much as we may want a change at QB the last 3 years have actual been the golden years for the Cowboys over the last 3 decades. All the blame needs to be laid at Jerry's feet. He is the owner and GM. He chooses the head coaches, signs off on player contracts, decides which players come and go, etc. That incompetent Owner/GM of ours stuck with Garrett for almost a decade and then decided to stick with McCarthy after that playoff debacle last year. Then did not make any moves to provide competition to Dak after those 2 poor playoff performances against SF and still isn't making any moves to replace Dak after that performance against GB. We have a GM that is untouchable regardless of how bad he is.
The horrible front office that gave us three straight 12 win seasons? The quarterback continuously fails in playoff games and that's the reason we're unhappy. It's Dak.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
No, Jerry and Stephen are the ones that are responsible for killing any excitement. We need to stop using Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott, etc as the scapegoats. As much as we may want a change at QB the last 3 years have actual been the golden years for the Cowboys over the last 3 decades. All the blame needs to be laid at Jerry's feet. He is the owner and GM. He chooses the head coaches, signs off on player contracts, decides which players come and go, etc. That incompetent Owner/GM of ours stuck with Garrett for almost a decade and then decided to stick with McCarthy after that playoff debacle last year. Then did not make any moves to provide competition to Dak after those 2 poor playoff performances against SF and still isn't making any moves to replace Dak after that performance against GB. We have a GM that is untouchable regardless of how bad he is.
Yeah I'm leaning more towards needing to move on from Dak. Because he doesn't seem to be the guy who can get the Cowboys past that hump. While also at the same time him going elsewhere and advancing further in the playoffs than he has with the Cowboys wouldn't be that shocking to me either. Just like I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the other top players currently on the Cowboys roster go elsewhere and actually win a conference championship game or the Super Bowl. Just because they'll be with a front office who runs their franchise much better than Jerry has ran the Cowboys over the last 30 years.

I question whether or not Dak can ever win a Super Bowl with the Cowboys. But at the same time also still have my doubts about this franchise beyond Dak due to Jerry and Stephen. So many questions still will have to be answered even if this team moves on from Dak. Like should we have faith in the front office's ability can build a true Super Bowl winning roster when they haven't been able to do that even before Dak. Nor have they been able to draft an elite franchise QB, even during the years in which they had draft picks in the top ten.

If this franchise was at least advancing to the NFCCG before the Dak era then fans could have more optimism in the ability of our front office to get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl after Dak is gone. The main way this front office can get fans to trust in them is to have the team advance to the NFCCG or Super Bowl at least 5 years after Dak is gone. I'm giving them 5 years because anything beyond that with a new QB is a risk of us being closer to yet another decade of seeing this franchise fail in the postseason under the Joneses run. Some are clinging to the hope that this team can be saved by moving on from Dak. But all hopes will fade if we don't see this team at least winning an NFCCG within 5 years after we have moved on from Dak.

phildadon86

Reaction score
QB's before Wilson got there - Brett Rypien, Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater.

They had no starting QB and not big QB deal. That's why Denver made that deal. There aren't any other teams in that situation trading for Dak.

Trust me, I wish their were!
Atlanta was. Jerry was on the yacht though and they didnt call him

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The horrible front office that gave us three straight 12 win seasons? The quarterback continuously fails in playoff games and that's the reason we're unhappy. It's Dak.
Well if it's all Dak and if the front office has done such a great job then there's no reason we should have to wait longer than 5 years before we see them having the Cowboys in the Super Bowl with a different QB.

Brax

Reaction score
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

If the FO was smart, they would trade this guy tomorrow and retool.
Maybe this is the holistic approach, and maybe Jerry is figured out the root cause the last 8 seasons. Show me says Jerry if you want the money, Dak’s says he’s not afraid of a new team and hopefully Jerry accommodates him but don’t count on it I can see Jerry extending Dak. As long as this goes on the better Jerry likes it as all the media is going nonstop about the Cowboys and Jerry can FaceTime with his gibberish and if the team collapses he will be there saying he gave Dak and MM everything they needed to succeed and now he must go in a new direction. If Jerry was smart he would off load a high end player to Washington or NE and draft a QB and the excitement would be non stop but it’s not happening what’s more likely is drafting a injured player at 24 then tell everyone the guy was 3rd on their board

TheSport78

Reaction score
Well if it's all Dak and if the front office has done such a great job then there's no reason we should have to wait longer than 5 years before we see them having the Cowboys in the Super Bowl with a different QB.
I agree with that. They have a horrible track record of keeping players way longer than they should.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

If the FO was smart, they would trade this guy tomorrow and retool.
Well Jerry has anyway. It is not Dak's fault Jerry keeps paying him!

conner01

Reaction score
Excitement degree is all about Jerry. The Dak situation is all about Jerry as is the lamb situation. Jerry could have extended Dak or made deals to get in position to replace Dak after next year. But Jerry hasn’t done anything to extend or prepare for Dak walking.. and Jerry hasn’t done anything to extend lamb or done anything to prepare for next year. It’s all about Jerry and his lack of a clear plan

TheSport78

Reaction score
Excitement degree is all about Jerry. The Dak situation is all about Jerry as is the lamb situation. Jerry could have extended Dak or made deals to get in position to replace Dak after next year. But Jerry hasn’t done anything to extend or prepare for Dak walking.. and Jerry hasn’t done anything to extend lamb or done anything to prepare for next year. It’s all about Jerry and his lack of a clear plan
Why would you want to extend the guy for 55-60 million when he's a part of the problem?

Brax

Reaction score
The video is not wrong. If it was, I would be right there with you blaming Dak.
Many of the videos are wrong because the idiot making them have no idea of the play design, you do know the Cowboys don’t hand out their playbook to anyone who wants it, but I wouldn’t put past Jerry to start selling it for so spare cash

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Another fan blaming Dak for everything. It’s the team repeatedly choking in the playoffs and the Joneses that have killed the excitement for the fans. Being destroyed at home in the playoffs to a 7th seeded team and not doing anything in free agency to improve has demoralized the fan base.
The real test will be what this front office will be willing to do in order to help out the next guy who comes after Dak. Or are they not going to do anything much different roster building wise. Since they have convinced themselves and have others convinced that they have done enough already and are already grand roster builders without having to go all in and be more active during free agency. And have decided that it just will be on the next QB to win with Jerry and Stephen's version of going "all in"

If it's truly all just Dak then there is really no excuse for why it should take this team longer than 5 years to win a Super Bowl and make constant deep playoff runs under a different QB. We should be seeing Dallas make regular NFCCG appearances in the post Dak era at least, if he is truly the only issue with this franchise.

jujoboys

Reaction score
We have been blaming players for almost 30 years. If it is all Dak then why does Dallas only have 2 playoff wins between 1997-2015. That is 2 playoff wins in the 19 years previous to Dak. Jerry is a horrible GM. Any other GM would have been fired years ago. In any other organization Jerry would have been fired as a GM at least by 2000 or 2001.

1997 6-10
1998 10-6
1999 8-8
2000 5-11
2001 5-11
2002 5-11

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Many of the videos are wrong because the idiot making them have no idea of the play design, you do know the Cowboys don’t hand out their playbook to anyone who wants it, but I wouldn’t put past Jerry to start selling it for so spare cash
I can tell you didn't play football. Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley specifically explained how the play designs were wrong and the how they were ran were wrong as well. The designs themselves put both Dak and the WRs to fail.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The only way they get proven wrong is when Dak wins the super bowl and he is the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys.
The Cowboys front office can also prove themselves and their way of roster building to be right by winning a Super Bowl within a 5 year time frame after Dak is gone. So we'll see what happens.