Dak has killed any excitement this fanbase has left

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
We have been blaming players for almost 30 years. If it is all Dak then why does Dallas only have 2 playoff wins between 1997-2015. That is 2 playoff wins in the 19 years previous to Dak. Jerry is a horrible GM. Any other GM would have been fired years ago. In any other organization Jerry would have been fired as a GM at least by 2000 or 2001.

1997 6-10
1998 10-6
1999 8-8
2000 5-11
2001 5-11
2002 5-11
Maybe some believe that they have improved in their roster building since they acquired Dak. If this is the case then there's no reason for why we should have to wait any prolonged period of time before we at least see the Cowboys start to compete with the Eagles and 49ers for most NFCCG appearances within a short year time period.

conner01

Reaction score
Why would you want to extend the guy for 55-60 million when he's a part of the problem?
Not advocating to extend him. Just have a plan. We have no plan. If I was gonna let Dak play out I’d be trading 3rd year guys I’m not gonna be able to sign anyway for picks to use to replace Dak next year. I’d trade bland since we aren’t having two cb on max contracts. Letting him walk is fine. Not having a plan to replace him is dumb

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We have been blaming players for almost 30 years. If it is all Dak then why does Dallas only have 2 playoff wins between 1997-2015. That is 2 playoff wins in the 19 years previous to Dak. Jerry is a horrible GM. Any other GM would have been fired years ago. In any other organization Jerry would have been fired as a GM at least by 2000 or 2001.

1997 6-10
1998 10-6
1999 8-8
2000 5-11
2001 5-11
2002 5-11
This is lazy

The roster construction has improved tremendously over the past 10 years. The coaching has improved as well.

Jerry gets the blame strictly because he keeps trotting out the bum under center no matter what

75boyz

Reaction score
We have gone through enough head coaches and coordinators. We have gone through a large amount of offensive talent support and good enough defenses.

But no matter the coaching or personnel support, this guy could never beat 4 straight playoff opponents anyway. He's not the one.

Period.
You absolutely know how the season will end with him remaining at QB. And that ain't good enough.
Well past time to move on.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dak is going to get resigned, and the majority of you haters will get proven wrong once again while we will have to continue dealing with y'alls whiny nonstop rants/threads for another 4+ years. Don't you get tired of complaining?
I have no problem if they extend Prescott.

I DO have a problem with it if they are going to use it as an annual excuse to not sign free agents.

Their draft only approach isn’t going to work, and that’s been proven.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Even the casuals who couldn't name the new defensive coordinator are tired of Jerry and Stephen.

Brax

Reaction score
I can tell you didn't play football. Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley specifically explained how the play designs were wrong and the how they were ran were wrong as well. The designs themselves put both Dak and the WRs to fail.
So they have the playbook? And KW says before all his analysis that’s it’s his opinion and as for CB come on now, that pick 6 in GB was all Dak and even you know it, and more importantly Jerry knows it

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

If the FO was smart, they would trade this guy tomorrow and retool.
It's not Dak's fault.

The Cowboys are terribly mismanaged and were doing stuff like this long before he got here and it will be more of the same once he is gone.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Maybe some believe that they have improved in their roster building since they acquired Dak. If this is the case then there's no reason for why we should have to wait any prolonged period of time before we at least see the Cowboys start to compete with the Eagles and 49ers for most NFCCG appearances within a short year time period.
lol. So after Jimmy Johnson left it took them 20 years to learn how to build a roster? Building a roster that can make the playoffs by beating up on a bunch of bad teams only to bow out in round one is one thing. We need to build a roster along with a coaching staff that can get wins against the elite teams in the NFL and go further than the first round of the playoffs. That GB game was an eye opener. The entire coaching staff and the entire team was outplayed and outcoached. GB was smart. They watched what the 49ers, Bills, and Cardinals did to us earlier in the year and just exposed every weakness we had. That loss wasn't just on Dak. That loss was on the coaches and Jerry Jones too. Most ill prepared I have ever seen from a home playoff favorite. First #2 seed to ever get beat by a #7 seed.

jujoboys

Reaction score
This is lazy

The roster construction has improved tremendously over the past 10 years. The coaching has improved as well.

Jerry gets the blame strictly because he keeps trotting out the bum under center no matter what
It's not being lazy. It's just facts. Name another GM in the league that got almost 20 years to learn how to build a roster. While Jerry has gotten better he has still fallen short and he is still the one of the reasons the Cowboys aren't going further in the playoffs. Look at last year for example. Everyone knew Dak needed a strong RB group to keep him from being the focal point of the offense. What did Jerry do to help the RB situation? He let us go into the season with Tony Pollard not fully healthy coming off an ACL injury. Pollard had never been the main back even in college but we went into the season relying on him being the guy. This pushed the entire offense onto Dak's back. That's OK when you are playing bad teams like the Giants and beating them by 40 points but when you go against teams like Buffalo and SF and don't have a running game your QB gets exposed unless they are elite (Dak is not).

No, blaming the failures of the team on Dak is what is lazy. Afterall, Dak is the QB of the Cowboys because Jerry drafted him and paid him mega money on his 2nd contract. Jerry the GM was sold on Dak and will probably end up giving him a 3rd contract before everything is said and done.

One question: What will you say about Jerry if he ends up signing Dak to a new deal prior to the season?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I’m shocked that in 2024 people still have to cowardly make anti Dak threads when you could just come out and say Dak sucks and get it over with lol. Why hide?
I agree. The people who should be in hiding are the Dak-bots/stans/stains/cheerleaders. How embarrassing!!!

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
lol. So after Jimmy Johnson left it took them 20 years to learn how to build a roster? Building a roster that can make the playoffs by beating up on a bunch of bad teams only to bow out in round one is one thing. We need to build a roster along with a coaching staff that can get wins against the elite teams in the NFL and go further than the first round of the playoffs. That GB game was an eye opener. The entire coaching staff and the entire team was outplayed and outcoached. GB was smart. They watched what the 49ers, Bills, and Cardinals did to us earlier in the year and just exposed every weakness we had. That loss wasn't just on Dak. That loss was on the coaches and Jerry Jones too. Most ill prepared I have ever seen from a home playoff favorite. First #2 seed to ever get beat by a #7 seed.
Some have given their opinion that Jerry has done enough to win the Cowboys a Super Bowl and has been putting rosters capable enough to win the Super Bowl on the field throughout Dak's whole career. And that the reason why the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl lies completely on the shoulders of Dak and Dak only. In order for this theory that some are giving to be true, the Cowboys under Jerry and Stephen's control would have to start regularly appearing in NFCCG after Dak is gone and start winning Super Bowls no longer than 5 years after Dak is gone.

If we are more than 5+ years into the post Dak era and we are still seeing the Cowboys struggle to advance to the NFCCG or win their 6th Super Bowl, then it's still will be a sign of how the front office is still a major obstacle standing in the way of this franchise. Even though some currently wish to give them the benefit of the doubt due to placing this team's playoff failures 100 percent on Dak's shoulders.

I have been a supporter of Dak's throughout most of his time as a Cowboy. But also think he can play better in the postseason at times. Especially during the last 2 to 3 playoff games. And while I'm open to moving on from him, I probably wouldn't be as upset as others would be if he is resigned. Also even though I have gotten frustrated with Dak, I'll never be at the point in which I give Jerry a complete free pass for this team's postseason failures.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is lazy

You don’t have linebackers and a nose tackle and haven’t had some for awhile now and you think it’s just Dak that’s the problem lol. Jerry loves you lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

If the FO was smart, they would trade this guy tomorrow and retool.
No one wants him for the $ he will be demanding to approve a trade.
The only thing I can guarantee you is that his upcoming final season as a Cowboy will be a nightmare for him as he will not finish out the season as QB1.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He's not the only one telling you. Many of us are tired of the constant whiny, anti-Dak threads. Worse than a bus full of kids complaining about not being given whipped cream with a cherry on top to their milkshake.
Well if you tired of the anti-dak threads, you could pick a new team and leave.

See how easy that is.