Dak has killed any excitement this fanbase has left

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

If the FO was smart, they would trade this guy tomorrow and retool.
I agree with you that the Jones are the root of what ails this franchise.

Anything else is a by product.

pitt33

Reaction score
We have gone through enough head coaches and coordinators. We have gone through a large amount of offensive talent support and good enough defenses.

But no matter the coaching or personnel support, this guy could never beat 4 straight playoff opponents anyway. He's not the one.

Period.
You absolutely know how the season will end with him remaining at QB. And that ain't good enough.
Well past time to move on.
And people just can’t seem to grasp that.

Or they just can’t come to terms with it.

Some Dallas fans just love their quarterback because he plays for them.

I’d much prefer the highest paid player on the team, who touches the ball every single offensive snap, to prove that they are the one to lead their team to post season victories.

The last two Cowboy quarterbacks just aren’t/were capable. They can’t handle the pressure being under center in Big D. Who knows when they’ll get one that can. But it’s time to end this fiasco.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well if you tired of the anti-dak threads, you could pick a new team and leave.

See how easy that is.
Uhhh, Dak is the franchise QB. The anti-Dakkers are the ones lost and in search of a new QB. 31 other teams to choose from.

See how easy that is? Plus, it makes sense.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak is going to get resigned, and the majority of you haters will get proven wrong once again while we will have to continue dealing with y'alls whiny nonstop rants/threads for another 4+ years. Don't you get tired of complaining?
Lol...If he gets resigned and keeps choking in the playoffs you can guarantee I'll be here every day complaining. I'm retired now so buckle up buddy! !!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So they have the playbook? And KW says before all his analysis that’s it’s his opinion and as for CB come on now, that pick 6 in GB was all Dak and even you know it, and more importantly Jerry knows it
Absolutely wrong. Kurt broke it down in detail. That route was set up for failure both for the QB and WR. The design helped only the opposing Defense.

khiladi

Reaction score
No, Jerry and Stephen are the ones that are responsible for killing any excitement. We need to stop using Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott, etc as the scapegoats. As much as we may want a change at QB the last 3 years have actual been the golden years for the Cowboys over the last 3 decades. All the blame needs to be laid at Jerry's feet. He is the owner and GM. He chooses the head coaches, signs off on player contracts, decides which players come and go, etc. That incompetent Owner/GM of ours stuck with Garrett for almost a decade and then decided to stick with McCarthy after that playoff debacle last year. Then did not make any moves to provide competition to Dak after those 2 poor playoff performances against SF and still isn't making any moves to replace Dak after that performance against GB. We have a GM that is untouchable regardless of how bad he is.
So how is the last 3 years not a result of the Jones boys?
This is lazy

The roster construction has improved tremendously over the past 10 years. The coaching has improved as well.

Jerry gets the blame strictly because he keeps trotting out the bum under center no matter what
just last year, the Dak fanboys couldn’t wait for Dan Quinn to become the next HC of the Cowboys.. they also told us this team was SB bound once Moore was gone..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

If the FO was smart, they would trade this guy tomorrow and retool.
you know Dak has a no trade clause, yes?

khiladi

Reaction score
Absolutely wrong. Kurt broke it down in detail. That route was set up for failure both for the QB and WR. The design helped only the opposing Defense.
But per Dak they didn’t change anything for the game.. how did it work before?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is going to get resigned, and the majority of you haters will get proven wrong once again while we will have to continue dealing with y'alls whiny nonstop rants/threads for another 4+ years. Don't you get tired of complaining?
Man, you're in for a total fall on this one.
GL following your idol to his next team if he finds one that is as after this coming season his stock will be blemished beyond repair!

plymkr

Reaction score
Why not just pick a new team? Some of you just love misery and try to push it on everyone else.
There’s a difference between loving a team and loving misery. For instance if I wasn’t a fan of 50 years I would have bailed. I remember when this was a proud franchise. I love the Cowboys in all decades. If I was a lover of misery I would be a fan that just started being a fan 10 years ago and complained all the time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But per Dak they didn’t change anything for the game.. how did it work before?
What do you mean? 3 years in a row they ran the exact messed up route designed play. All 3 years resulted in pick-6s. Kurt Warner for 3 years straight broke those plays down the same way wondering why the Cowboys never paid better attention to the play designs details and the same end results because of the Cowboys coaches refusal to fix that badly designed play that does nothing but work against your own QB and WRs.

That's what you guys are failing to understand. It's lazy just to blame it on the QB or WR when the play design sets them up to fail.

Big_D

Reaction score
The offense looks very good during the regular season. Fans love to brag about stats and most passing TDs etc. Something really wrong though once you up the ante and face quality teams in win or go home situations. If you're putting up those numbers during the year but can't do it in the postseason.. it's hard to blame anyone else. Dak is most certainly an issue here. Good.. sure. Just not worth the money that is currently being talked about. Once he signs that, any dreams of winning playoff games are gone with it.

75boyz

Reaction score
And people just can’t seem to grasp that.

Or they just can’t come to terms with it.

Some Dallas fans just love their quarterback because he plays for them.

I’d much prefer the highest paid player on the team, who touches the ball every single offensive snap, to prove that they are the one to lead their team to post season victories.

The last two Cowboy quarterbacks just aren’t/were capable. They can’t handle the pressure being under center in Big D. Who knows when they’ll get one that can. But it’s time to end this fiasco.
Some can handle the truth as you've posted here.
Some choose to create excuses.

Hopefully Jerry doesn't continue to support the excuse makers here with 4 more years of one and dones.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You're the one who just admitted you complain every day and will continue to do so while Dak is still here. Grow up brother.
Lol...You complain every day about what you call "Anti-Dak fans". Maybe you don't even realize it?

It's not a wonder we disagree, after our last thread argument we were in we couldn't agree on success. You are happy with 12-5 seasons and making the playoffs, even with constant dak choking and 1st round exits. Me, I want to see more success from the team in the playoffs.

So it's really not a wonder we disagree a bit.

Although I have found, when we are not debating the QB, we agree on a bunch of other stuff. So there is hope for you after all!