dcfanatic Is On Life Support & Not Expected to Make It

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I always respected his passion and dedication to the Cowboys. God bless, DCFanatic.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Many have read his blog or heard his podcasts. He was controversial at times. He is still too young to be cashing in his chips.

His brother posted this on Facebook and his website I think.

Unfortunately I have some terrible news to share. Brian Gallagher aka DC Fanatic has taken a turn for the worse. I met with his doctor and nurses today and due to his condition there is nothing more they can do for him. His blood pressure has gotten so low that they can no longer do the dialysis on his kidneys. His lungs are too damaged from pneumonia to take him off the respirator and had to be put into and induced coma. I was appointed as his medical proxy and have the most difficult task of deciding when to let him go peacefully. He has told me many times that if it ever came to this and that there was a time when he could no longer be him to not make him hang on. To be fair to everyone who knows and loves him I am allowing a few days for you to make your peace with him and tell him how much he meant to you. If you can make it in the next few days to Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown, NY I suggest you do so. If not, I understand and so does he. His condition is very delicate and they do not know how long he will make it on his own. As per his wishes I signed a DNR so time is sensitive. I am truly heartbroken and am devastated that I even have to say these words. I want my brother back! But I also will not let him suffer. Be at peace and we will always be together.. Duke..

that's the worst news to hit this board in a long time. Puts all our whining about this 'team' in perspective. God bless you DC as well as Duke.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
DC is a character he was always fun to talk Cowboys with. He was always very colorful with his opinions. He was always respectful to me. I pray that a miracle happens and he somehow makes a turn for the better. Come on DC you've got many more years of Cowboy love brotha.

curboys

Reaction score
My condolences to DCFanatics' family and friends. Pray for a miracle, but should the good Lord decide that your place is at his side, may you rest in peace.

PAISAN247

Reaction score
No words to describe my condolences to you and your family. May god be by your side in these difficult times.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
6796692.jpg

respect

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
sorry to hear this news....

i called into the show late at night with dc,hostile and i think hoov the night before the thanksgiving game in 2008.

all i had was a bowl of cereal chopped with banana and milk earlier in the day.

went out golfing ...drank a few beers while golfing..

came home...proceeded to drink quite a few more and decided to call in at 10 pm or so.

wrong decision on my part as a bowl of cereal does not soak up beer very well .

but it was one of the most pleasant memories in my cowboyszone days, talking with dc and hostile and hoov, it still makes me smile to this day. i know i embarrassed myself by being so wasted, but everyone seemed to laugh and have fun about it, and dc said i was one of his favorite call-ins ever and hos said he got a contact high off of me, lol. it was a memory i and my wife will always cherish. tonight especially.

i'm pretty sure hostile remembers this night. lol

love you dc, godspeed.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
as a side note ...i predicted that tony would throw for 317 yards that day..

dc laughed at the odd number i predicted...

but sure as hell their was a graphic they put up late in the game and tony had exactly 317 yards passing at that moment..

he went on to pass for more than that...but i thought it was pretty cool to see that nonetheless.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Insisting on a DNR sounds just like DCF. We had some epic battles on this site, and he is showing himself to be as tough as he always came across. Never met you, did not alway like you but you always brought the passion. Cowboys Nation will be the poorer without you. You will be missed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sorry to hear this news....

i called into the show late at night with dc,hostile and i think hoov the night before the thanksgiving game in 2008.

all i had was a bowl of cereal chopped with banana and milk earlier in the day.

went out golfing ...drank a few beers while golfing..

came home...proceeded to drink quite a few more and decided to call in at 10 pm or so.

wrong decision on my part as a bowl of cereal does not soak up beer very well .

but it was one of the most pleasant memories in my cowboyszone days, talking with dc and hostile and hoov, it still makes me smile to this day. i know i embarrassed myself by being so wasted, but everyone seemed to laugh and have fun about it, and dc said i was one of his favorite call-ins ever and hos said he got a contact high off of me, lol. it was a memory i and my wife will always cherish. tonight especially.

i'm pretty sure hostile remembers this night. lol

love you dc, godspeed.
I remember that so well. You had me laughing. Remembering the good times is how we all cope with loss. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, prayers to his family

We all get worked up and argu at times about coaches, players, ect...

Things like this really puts things in perspective. At the end of the day this is just a game, not really that important in the grand scheme of things

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Mannnnnnnnnn this is awful SMH!!!!!! I used to call in to his show and chat it up for a few mins. Prayer for his family!