Detroit Lions Had a Sick Draft

kskboys

Reaction score
Are you 7? Seriously though, the last time I played "kickball" was in the 2nd grade.

Perhaps that explains a lot about this fan forum. I am at least 3 decades older than most of the members here.

I know it's been 3 decades since the Cowboys won anything, but I wasn't aware that many of you weren't even alive for the 1996 Super Bowl.
Then why do you talk as if you're a child?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Waiting on you to ban this troll, bro... You have my blessing.

:laugh:
If we’re going to start banning guys, then we need to start with some of the one’s who say they are Dallas fans but are really Philly, New York, and Washington fans.

At least this guy joined as a Packers fan, acts like a Packers fan and defends his favorite team like he should. He may be wrong about the Packers talent but that isn’t a bannable offense.

It should start with the mob of Philly (and New York) fans who joined as if they were Dallas fans in big numbers when Philly (and New York) got off to such a hot start last season. JMO.

PackersNation

Reaction score
If we’re going to start banning guys, then we need to start with some of the one’s who say they are Dallas fans but are really Philly, New York, and Washington fans.

At least this guy joined as a Packers fan, acts like a Packers fan and defends his favorite team like he should. He may be wrong about the Packers talent but that isn’t a bannable offense.

It should start with the mob of Philly (and New York) fans who joined as if they were Dallas fans in big numbers when Philly got off to such a hot start last season. JMO.
Yeah, we get a lot of Vikings and Bears fans online pretending to be Packers fans in an attempt to make Packers fans look bad. It comes down to jealousy really. I would suggest just ignoring those here pretending to be Dallas fans. I personally ignore about 75% of the posts here.

I wasn't aware there was an effort to try and ban me. I understand that a Packers fan speaking the truth would trigger some Dallas fans. Perhaps the one win in 2016 in the last 10 tries has caused some anger towards Packers fans. And Green Bay being the most successful franchise in the history of the NFL causes some Cowboys fans to grow tired of hearing about the greatness of Green Bay, and all of Packer Nation.

I appreciate your support, even though I didn't realize there was an active effort to get me banned.

We can discuss who is right or "wrong" about the Packers roster as the season gets rolling. Losing Aaron Rodgers made the Packers stronger. 8 first round picks on defense. A very good offensive line, very good RBs, a young but talented receiving group. A good coaching staff and a QB who has everything set up for him to succeed. Anyone who thinks Green Bay is lesser than now, is in for a rude awakening.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, we get a lot of Vikings and Bears fans online pretending to be Packers fans in an attempt to make Packers fans look bad. It comes down to jealousy really. I would suggest just ignoring those here pretending to be Dallas fans. I personally ignore about 75% of the posts here.

I wasn't aware there was an effort to try and ban me. I understand that a Packers fan speaking the truth would trigger some Dallas fans. Perhaps the one win in 2016 in the last 10 tries has caused some anger towards Packers fans. And Green Bay being the most successful franchise in the history of the NFL causes some Cowboys fans to grow tired of hearing about the greatness of Green Bay, and all of Packer Nation.

I appreciate your support, even though I didn't realize there was an active effort to get me banned.

We can discuss who is right or "wrong" about the Packers roster as the season gets rolling. Losing Aaron Rodgers made the Packers stronger. 8 first round picks on defense. A very good offensive line, very good RBs, a young but talented receiving group. A good coaching staff and a QB who has everything set up for him to succeed. Anyone who thinks Green Bay is lesser than now, is in for a rude awakening.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!
No, there is no effort to get you banned… it was just mentioned, so I just wanted to say there are plenty here who should go before you. Honestly, today is the first time I’ve seen a post of yours, so I don’t know what you’ve really done - or not done - to get banned. You seem like a pretty normal(ish) NFL Fan to me.

No, there isn’t a lot of Packer hate on this forum. Once Aaron Rodgers left the building, most Cowboys hate for that franchise melted away like a spring morning’s mist. You say you’re a better team now that Aaron is gone… if that is the case, then there is a chance Green Bay can earn a little hatred from this team’s fan base… but you will have to be better than you were with Rodgers. And since we’re talking about proving things, you will forgive me if I have to see that happen with my own eyes. I’m not saying it can’t happen, of course. But having one of the best QB’s in the games history leave a team that he was pretty much carrying to wins on his own is… how shall I put this… not typically a catalyst for an improved team.

We shall see, soon enough. The Packers will have ample opportunity to back up your claims. It is a long season and Love has been in your building for a while now, so I won’t discount it until we see the results. Crazier things have happened.

And as far as I’m concerned, if a Green Bay fan joins this forum as a Packers fan, then he is welcome as any of us. It is the guys that join and act like they’re Dallas fans that are a bane to this board. They aren’t here to talk football like you and I… they are just here to sow discontent and create discord.

PackersNation

Reaction score
No, there is no effort to get you banned… it was just mentioned, so I just wanted to say there are plenty here who should go before you. Honestly, today is the first time I’ve seen a post of yours, so I don’t know what you’ve really done - or not done - to get banned. You seem like a pretty normal(ish) NFL Fan to me.

No, there isn’t a lot of Packer hate on this forum. Once Aaron Rodgers left the building, most Cowboys hate for that franchise melted away like a spring morning’s mist. You say you’re a better team now that Aaron is gone… if that is the case, then there is a chance Green Bay can earn a little hatred from this team’s fan base… but you will have to be better than you were with Rodgers. And since we’re talking about proving things, you will forgive me if I have to see that happen with my own eyes. I’m not saying it can’t happen, of course. But having one of the best QB’s in the games history leave a team that he was pretty much carrying to wins on his own is… how shall I put this… not typically a catalyst for an improved team.

We shall see, soon enough. The Packers will have ample opportunity to back up your claims. It is a long season and Love has been in your building for a while now, so I won’t discount it until we see the results. Crazier things have happened.

And as far as I’m concerned, if a Green Bay fan joins this forum as a Packers fan, then he is welcome as any of us. It is the guys that join and act like they’re Dallas fans that are a bane to this board. They aren’t here to talk football like you and I… they are just here to sow discontent and create discord.
Well, keep in mind that Aaron Rodgers who you say was "carrying the team to wins on his own" led the team to 8-9 last season. Not sure you watched the season closely and the crap show Aaron put on last season, but yeah, it was bad and he was traded.

In that trade the Pack dumped the 60 million owed Aaron all on the Jets. The Pack is free and clear of any further obligation to Aaron.
In the trade the Pack also got Lukas Van Ness(Pick 13) Luke Musgrave(Pick 42) and Anders Carlson(Pick 207) All will be starters this season and make the team better. The Packers will also be getting a 2024 first round pick if Aaron plays 65% of the snaps for the Jets this season. He will have that done by Thanksgiving. Let's say he has a bad injury and misses most of the season, then the first round pick becomes a 2nd round pick. Still good.

You haven't seen what the Packers have from Jordan Love, but they are very excited about and extremely confident in him. Everyone, including the coaching staff, front office, teammates, and fan base are 100% behind him.

Sky is the limit for J-Love. Stay tuned..

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind that Aaron Rodgers who you say was "carrying the team to wins on his own" led the team to 8-9 last season. Not sure you watched the season closely and the crap show Aaron put on last season, but yeah, it was bad and he was traded.

In that trade the Pack dumped the 60 million owed Aaron all on the Jets. The Pack is free and clear of any further obligation to Aaron.
In the trade the Pack also got Lukas Van Ness(Pick 13) Luke Musgrave(Pick 42) and Anders Carlson(Pick 207) All will be starters this season and make the team better. The Packers will also be getting a 2024 first round pick if Aaron plays 65% of the snaps for the Jets this season. He will have that done by Thanksgiving. Let's say he has a bad injury and misses most of the season, then the first round pick becomes a 2nd round pick. Still good.

You haven't seen what the Packers have from Jordan Love, but they are very excited about and extremely confident in him. Everyone, including the coaching staff, front office, teammates, and fan base are 100% behind him.

If Love is the real deal than the Cowboys need to take notice on how to draft and get rid of Qbs because the Packers are the blueprint for it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
NFL.com ranked Detroit's class as 9th best. Not bad.
CBS ranked them 21th...not so great.

I guess we'll know in a few years

fwiw, the Cowboys draft class was ranked 32nd by CBS
dead last

PackersNation

Reaction score
NFL.com ranked Detroit's class as 9th best. Not bad.
CBS ranked them 21th...not so great.

I guess we'll know in a few years

fwiw, the Cowboys draft class was ranked 32nd by CBS
dead last
Keep in mind that those rankings are the opinion of ONE writer at CBS and ONE writer at NFL.com. Pretty irrelevant in the big picture.

CBS ranked the Packers draft 5th best and NFL.com ranked the Packers draft 10th best.

I think the Packers draft was very good and I see at least 6 players from the Packers draft having impact right away.

The Packers drafted 13 players in the draft, even 7th rounder Anthony Johnson Jr. is being talked about as pushing for a starting spot at safety by the coaching staff. We will see if he still looks like a superstar when the pads go in camp.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Keep in mind that those rankings are the opinion of ONE writer at CBS and ONE writer at NFL.com. Pretty irrelevant in the big picture.

CBS ranked the Packers draft 5th best and NFL.com ranked the Packers draft 10th best.

I think the Packers draft was very good and I see at least 6 players from the Packers draft having impact right away.

The Packers drafted 13 players in the draft, even 7th rounder Anthony Johnson Jr. is being talked about as pushing for a starting spot at safety by the coaching staff. We will see if he still looks like a superstar when the pads go in camp.
The CBS rankings was a staff ranking written up by one guy.

But yes, the NFL.com ranking that I looked at was just one guy

Really, ANY ranking before these guys even play a game are theory.
So I agree there.

PackersNation

Reaction score
The CBS rankings was a staff ranking written up by one guy.

But yes, the NFL.com ranking that I looked at was just one guy

Really, ANY ranking before these guys even play a game are theory.
So I agree there.
One more thing we can agree on, is that nearly anyone ranking the 2023 draft is more relevant than the OP who said: "The Lions Had A Sick Draft"

Too funny.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

I did watch Rodgers pretty closely last year, although it probably doesn’t rival the attention of an actual Packers fan. Anyway, I’m not one to voice an opinion on something and then act like I know that I’m right. I could be wrong.

However, Aaron didn’t (to me) look like the problem last year and he certainly didn’t look like an old QB that was about finished as a professional athlete. There are other problems on that team that contributed to a poor record last season. Those other problems may, or may not have been addressed in the draft, so that is another wait and see situation.

From the outside looking in, it appears like it is a case of rose colored glasses to think all the draft picks fill all of your needs. Hell, it just rarely happens that way. Some picks will miss. Fans just need to hope that the important ones hit.

It can happen though. Look at Seattle’s draft from last year. The way they rebuilt that team with one draft… and IMO they ever furthered the rebuild with an excellent draft this year (Witherspoon was my favorite player in this draft and I also very much liked JSN). I hated to see those two guys go to Seattle, but that is the way it goes sometimes. If Seattle had been drafting good all along, they wouldn’t need two homerun drafts in a row to rebuild. For the last several years, they have drafted like hell. The last two have been great though.

Anyway, we will see how y’all go this season. I will remember this conversation, and if you want to come back to say you “told me so”… then just look me up. It will be an interesting season in Green Bay.

PackersNation

Reaction score
Well, you didn't watch that close, because Aaron very much was the problem. It's part of the reason he is gone.

Now, part of the problem last season was that he demanded to play and not sit after breaking his thumb against the Giants. The Packers would lose 5 games in a row. The season was nearly gone after that. But the D stepped up and the Packers won 4 in a row and set up a win and in game against the Lions the last game of the season. Guess who didn't show up when it mattered? Yup, the guy you thought was the only good player on the Packers. The team played well enough to get in the playoffs, and I nearly promise you that the Packers don't lose 5 in a row if Jordan Love had played for a few games after Aaron broke his thumb.

You say Cowboys fans hated the Packers only because they had Aaron Rodgers who you continue to imply was their only good player. Well, I can tell you that Aaron Rodgers didn't beat the Cowboys all those games alone. The Packers own the Cowboys, not because of Aaron Rodgers.

When we get into camp I will show you the Packers roster. It's stacked and not just because of the 2023 draft. It was stacked when Aaron crapped away last season as well.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

It should start with the mob of Philly (and New York) fans who joined as if they were Dallas fans in big numbers when Philly (and New York) got off to such a hot start last season. JMO.
Was a joke..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why Big D and Jerry Jones have been snubbed from hosting a Super Bowl since 2011:

"The debacle in Big D" in 2011 didn't help Jerry Jones and the DFW area in getting awarded another Super Bowl.

The weather in Dallas was bad, and the response was even worse. The Metroplex was stuck in a deep freeze. The roads were iced over and crews were not prepared for it. Accidents everywhere. Bridges and major highway connectors were impassable at times.

Ice and snow slid off the roof of the stadium and seriously injured 7 people.

Temporary seats were added but were deemed not safe before the game. People that paid massive amounts of money to have a seat in the stadium did not have a seat in the stadium. Thousands of lawsuits followed.

Jerry Jones of course wants as many Super Bowls in Dallas as he can possibly get, but Jerry has given other excuses for being snubbed.

Jerry Jones: "What we've really run into is the NFL likes to, when you build a new stadium, they really like to take that market and give it a big bump that goes with that new stadium and have a Super Bowl in that area. I think that more than anything, the building of new stadiums, has kept us from having another one sooner than we have."

Jerry's excuse for not getting another Super Bowl really doesn't hold water, because the Super Bowl has been in cities without brand new stadiums since 2011. And cities like New Orleans more than once in the last ten years. The Super Bowl will again be in New Orleans in 2025.
Great story. Same question as before...Where did you get this information from? Appreciate you posting that. I agree with the conclusion Jerry's excuse doesn't hold water. I'm not sure how serious he has gone after a super bowl. The one they got as led by Roger.

PackersNation

Reaction score
If Love is the real deal than the Cowboys need to take notice on how to draft and get rid of Qbs because the Packers are the blueprint for it.
Well, it's nothing complicated. The Packers like to draft and develop. Always have. You still need to draft the right players or QB. J-Love was not ready in 2020 when drafted, but learned and developed behind Aaron for 3 years. He is now a master of the offense and looks like a superstar in practice. We now see he was indeed the right QB to draft in 2020. He is past ready and needs to play. He now will get his chance.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Well, it's nothing complicated. The Packers like to draft and develop. Always have. You still need to draft the right players or QB. J-Love was not ready in 2020 when drafted, but learned and developed behind Aaron for 3 years. He is now a master of the offense and looks like a superstar in practice. We now see he was indeed the right QB to draft in 2020. He is past ready and needs to play. He now will get his chance.
OK, Captain Obvious, Mr Cheese. Paaacker.

I actually hope you stick around.

If not, we'll all just have a laugh on Packers Nation.

PackersNation

Reaction score
That’s no real hard feat TBH.
Oh really? Why don't you tell us about when you personally won the NFC North. I'm glad you know it's easy to win. Enlighten us with your experience in winning the North.

Should we go over your precious Cowboys record against the Kings Of The North? Oh, you think because they moved on from ONE player in favor of ONE player they have more confidence in, that now your precious Cowboys are superior?

Think again.