Diggs might be the reason we can't stop the run

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL, ever notice that MyFairLady takes pot shots at almost all our highly paid players?

No, Diggs is not the reason we can't stop the run. Hahahaha.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some fans kept talking about how great our defense played in that game when it was only respectable. That play helped break our back. Another play where we couldn’t make a critical stop. In big moments they have players that step up. You never see our players make a play like that in a huge game at a critical moment against a contending team.
They had given up 9 points with 5 min left in the 3rd. That's spectacular against a playoff team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The offensive coordinators around the league are happy that our front office agrees with you and they game plan accordingly. If you don't think that Diggs was targeted and the Saints knew there was an undefended edge then you are in denial.
So you didn’t notice the times they ran up the gut on us? In your version of a defense what are the ends and interior for?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They had given up 9 points with 5 min left in the 3rd. That's spectacular against a playoff team.
We kept their points down, but they won the game by controlling the ball. They won the time of possession battle, and had more first downs than we did. They made plays in critical situations and we couldn’t stop them. They ran the ball much better than we did and we had more than twice as many penalties as them. It’s easy to see why they won the game.

Proof

Reaction score
We kept their points down, but they won the game by controlling the ball. They won the time of possession battle, and had more first downs than we did. They made plays in critical situations and we couldn’t stop them. They ran the ball much better than we did.
after pollard went down, and after the kittle miracle, yes. overall though, our defense was playing very well against one of the leagues powerhouses.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
after pollard went down, and after the kittle miracle, yes. overall though, our defense was playing very well against one of the leagues powerhouses.
Pollard only had 22 rushing yards. Our defense played respectable and that was it. Their players including Kittle stepped up. We couldn’t make the critical stops, which has been a big problem in the playoffs for us. They made the plays and we didn’t this is why they’re a championship caliber team. We had more than double the penalties they had and they ran the ball much better than we did.

Loso86

Reaction score
In the spirit of assigning blame where it actually belongs I believe we should discuss Diggs as it relates to the run game. The Saints had an absolute field day running at this guy and he wanted none of it. He is another one of our 20 million per year players and he is showing the rest of the team what is acceptable. Princess refuses to stick his nose in there but he still wants to take home all the money. I guarantee you this stuff does not play well in the locker room.
If your CB is the number 1 rwas9n the run doesn't get stopped sir.....lmao adallas is in some DEEP bS lmao

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
the defense played tremendously, and that was a circus play that happened to pay off (and shouldn't have been eligible)
Our defense played far from tremendously. We gave up 113 rushing yards and 21 first downs. They won practically every statistical battle. They controlled the ball for almost 6 minutes longer than us which is a sizable difference in a 60 minute game. Plus, we only sacked Brock Purdy twice and we didn’t force any turnovers.

Proof

Reaction score
Pollard only had 22 rushing yards. Our defense played respectable and that was it. Their players including Kittle stepped up. We couldn’t make the critical stops, which has been a big problem in the playoffs for us. They made the plays and we didn’t this is why they’re a championship caliber team. We had more than double the penalties they had and they ran the ball much better than we did.
what pollard had or didn't have is not relevant. him being knocked out removed a weapon and made the offense even easier to defend. what do penalties (unless they were defensive penalties) or how we ran the ball have to do with how our defense played? but no, "respectable and that's it" is not true and i disagree.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Our defense played far from tremendously. We gave up 113 rushing yards and 21 first downs. They won practically every statistical battle.

N.O. Scored 42 points on six straight possessions last week . I was embarrassed by this so much I contemplated moving

:facepalm:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the spirit of assigning blame where it actually belongs I believe we should discuss Diggs as it relates to the run game. The Saints had an absolute field day running at this guy and he wanted none of it. He is another one of our 20 million per year players and he is showing the rest of the team what is acceptable. Princess refuses to stick his nose in there but he still wants to take home all the money. I guarantee you this stuff does not play well in the locker room.
He is not helping but by far the biggest issue is the DT position. This is literally the worst DT room in the NFL. According to PFF our lowest graded run defenders are:

1. Jordan Phillips 26.2
2. MaZi Smith 27.9
3. Osa 29.7
4. Lival Joseph 29.9

Anything under 60 is bad. A grade in the 20's is horrific...... and we've got 4 of them. The rookies Kneeland (48.5), Overshown (54.9), and Liafu (44.9) are getting bullied in the run game. Diggs grades out at 56 which is not good but not as bad as many other guys on the the defense.

This is a poorly constructed roster. The team will be lucky to finish over .500.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
what pollard had or didn't have is not relevant. him being knocked out removed a weapon and made the offense even easier to defend. what do penalties (unless they were defensive penalties) or how we ran the ball have to do with how our defense played? but no, "respectable and that's it" is not true and i disagree.
He had done nothing in that game and you have to be able to overcome losing a weapon if you’re going to be a championship caliber team. The penalties we committed had to do a lot with the game. Penalties have been a huge problem for us. If you know anything about football, running the ball keeps your defense off the field. Our lack of a running game and their ability to run the football allowed them to control the ball and it kept our defense on the field.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Corners are on the edge last I checked . Talking Diggs shortcomings on the run are more edge defender and OLB related then DT .

That’s not to say teams aren’t running up the middle at the tackles either.

Proof

Reaction score
He had done nothing in that game and you have to be able to overcome losing a weapon if you’re going to be a championship caliber team. The penalties we committed had to do a lot with the game. Penalties have been a huge problem for us. If you know anything about football, running the ball keeps your defense off the field. Our lack of a running game and their ability to run the football allowed them to control the ball and it kept our defense on the field.
uhh... what if i told you he out ran mccafrey and had a higher ypc than him or mitchell? they weren't able to run the ball either is my point (because of the job our defense was doing) until the end of the game after we lost him, and gave up the circus catch. you're talking the game as a whole, and the philosophy of football, and championship caliber team. none of which i'm arguing. the defense played extremely well. they gave up one td, they held up on short fields, they were physical and tone setters. they effectively shut down cmc. daks picks, losing tp, and kittles circus catch were the differentiators.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We kept their points down, but they won the game by controlling the ball. They won the time of possession battle, and had more first downs than we did. They made plays in critical situations and we couldn’t stop them. They ran the ball much better than we did and we had more than twice as many penalties as them. It’s easy to see why they won the game.
Winning time of possession usually has a little something to do with the offense being able to move the ball. Our offense was absolute buns in that game. Of course the defense eventually caved at the end of the game.

Proof

Reaction score
Our defense played far from tremendously. We gave up 113 rushing yards and 21 first downs. They won practically every statistical battle. They controlled the ball for almost 6 minutes longer than us which is a sizable difference in a 60 minute game. Plus, we only sacked Brock Purdy twice and we didn’t force any turnovers.
also they DID force a turnover. joseph forced a fumble. and 6 minutes is not a sizable difference and certainly only occurred at the end of the game. it's cool though, we can leave it there. you won't convince me otherwise and they lost, so i dont particularly care.

Proof

Reaction score
For a tremendous performance? YES!!!!! name a time in history that a defense had a tremendous performance with 0 turnovers and won?
i'm sure i can find copious examples, but it's not worth the energy. besides they did force a turnover.