Draftniks - early looksie at Dallas draft

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab said:
Hey man... I was first on the Watkins bandwagon... :mad: :mad: :mad:

He is just what we need though. Tall, very athletic, rangy... The "centerfielder" free safety we haven't had since... Well, forever.

Kendall Watkins?

We already drafted him. :)

EastCoastLawnmowers

Reaction score
the WR from ND, cant spell his last name. key and glenn are getting old. ND, crayton would be a good 1,2 in a few years

Hiero

Reaction score
EastCoastLawnmowers said:
the WR from ND, cant spell his last name. key and glenn are getting old. ND, crayton would be a good 1,2 in a few years
jeff samardzija is staying another year with Quinn i am willing to bet.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Road Grader Watkins - him and Gurode can share a duplex somewhere.

Ex Road grader to be's

kevwun

Reaction score
Michael Huff is tall and fast. He's also really bright, one of the smartest kids on Texas' team. He will be a good one. His stocks probably going to rise even more at the combine because of his workout, wonderlic score and interviews.

MiStar

Reaction score
I like S. Holmes, but I don't think that any WR's are worthy of a first round draft pick. Holmes wouldn't even get much playing time immediately, unless Glenn or Keyshawn decide to call it quits.

I don't think we'll be picking a WR high until one of those two retire, and maybe not even then.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kevwun said:
Michael Huff is tall and fast. He's also really bright, one of the smartest kids on Texas' team. He will be a good one. His stocks probably going to rise even more at the combine because of his workout, wonderlic score and interviews.

I agree. I think this kid is going to have a bright future in the NFL, he has a great nose for the ball and excellent speed.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly don't see us signing a FA center unless we cleared some cap room off of the present OL.

I also don't think Johnson has been the car wreck everyone seems to think he is.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MiStar said:
I like S. Holmes, but I don't think that any WR's are worthy of a first round draft pick. Holmes wouldn't even get much playing time immediately, unless Glenn or Keyshawn decide to call it quits.

I don't think we'll be picking a WR high until one of those two retire, and maybe not even then.

I don't think so either. Parcells isn't big on selecting wide receivers that high.

Tristan

Reaction score
Dream Scenario#1 Trade up and draft Matt Leinart! maybe Flozell and a couple picks to the Texans?
Wishfull Thinking#2 Trade down with our first round pick (ala Buff. Trade) to acquire an extra 2007 1st and have two 2nd's in 2006 and maybe recoup the fourth. Then with the two seconds we could get a FS and BPA OT/LB/DT, then in 2007 with two firsts we would be in position to trade up for Vince Young or Brady Quinn (unless Henson shows up big time) or draft a young wr or two like Dewayne Jarrett (USC), Calvin Johnson (GT) or Tedd Ginn Jr. (OSU) all superior IMO to the 2006 WR's.
Reality check #3 2006
Rd. 1= Santonio Holmes(OSU) or Jimmy Williams (FS,VT)
Rd. 2= Michael Huff(TX)/Steve Smith(USC)/Pat Watkins(FSU)
Rd. 3= Devon Hester (Pr/Kr, Miami)

On Record=#1 Keep Glover. Glover in a rotation is a huge assett and has a couple solid years left if used this way, as well as beeing key to our ability to to switch to the 4/3 at any time. D line is solid for a couple years IMO.
#2 Sign Reggie Wayne. He is exactly what we need at WR. Tall, Fast, Athletic with great hands. Glenn goes to slot. also love Brandon lloyd(SF) but I think the Niners will lock him up.

Hiero

Reaction score
Lloyd is a damn good player. Great hands, would like him on the team here as well.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I don't think so either. Parcells isn't big on selecting wide receivers that high.
+

Not sure if he drafted Key #1 but he drafted Glenn Top 10.....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
+

Not sure if he drafted Key #1 but he drafted Glenn Top 10.....

And he wasn't very darn happy about it either.

I don't think he drafted Key either

Tristan

Reaction score
I really wanted us to draft Lloyd coming out of Illinois, I think it was the draft we took Brady James instead in the fourth. I guess that's working out pretty well now, but man I couldn't believe Lloyd slipped to the fourth, he is always making the most unreall catches.

Hiero

Reaction score
Tristan said:
I really wanted us to draft Lloyd coming out of Illinois, I think it was the draft we took Brady James instead in the fourth. I guess that's working out pretty well now, but man I couldn't believe Lloyd slipped to the fourth, he is always making the most unreall catches.
I get to watch all their games, he just made the craziest catch ever last week.

sp_giants49erscajc101.jpg

MiStar

Reaction score
Key was drafted the same year as Glenn. BP didn't want to take Glenn, and thus ended up leaving the Pats.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Round 1 Martin Nance WR Miami Ohio
Round 2 Davin Joseph OG/OT Oklahoma
Round 3 Dominque Byrd TE USC
Round 4 Brodie Coyle QB Alabama
Round 5 Jason Allen CB/S Tennessee
Round 6 Lawerence Vickers FB Colorado
Round 7 Mike D'Andrea ILB Ohio State

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hiero said:
I get to watch all their games, he just made the craziest catch ever last week.

sp_giants49erscajc101.jpg

I happened to catch that play live -

Holy Mackerall - that pass looked air mailed. Over his head and behind him. He somehow grabbed it one handed and brought it in. One of the most amazing catches I ever saw. Kick in the chestnuts it was called back on penalty....