Eagles now SUSPEND T.O. (***Ultimate TO Thread***)

MissionCoach

Reaction score
The Terrell Owens Circus continues.

We're hearing that Terrell Owens has left the Eagles training camp at
Lehigh University after a heated discussion with coach Andy Reid.

This story is still developing and we'll have more on it here soon.

Full article: http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/12350280.htm

Clipped from the Philly.com article: There are reports this afternoon
that wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with Head Coach Andy
Reid at a team meeting and was asked to leave.

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp
at Lehigh University, according to one television report.

The Inquirer will update and confirm this information as soon as possible.
:lmao: :trophy: :beer2: :disseags: :lmao2:

That FLUSHING sound you hear is the eaGALS chance of winning the SB going down the toilet

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
2much2soon said:
Big difference between TO and those type of players Al Davis used to bring in and win with; those guys wanted to play ball and win. TO wants to draw attention to himself any way possible and could care less about winning.

U might be right but I suspect TO wants to win big time. He probably has a personality disorder though.

To another poster, I don't know their OL but Collins can air in out pretty well IMO. I think Collins is an above average QB.

The Raiders should be improved this year. Hopefully this is causing some headached for the Eagles. I don't mind some help in trying to beat them. I'd like to be a fly on the wall in Reid's office.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Dale said:
Say what you want about the Eagles but they have a great front office. I really like the fact they are taking this stand against Terrell Owens. It's nice to see a team not get pushed around by a star player.

if the eagle front office was so good, they wouldve never signed the bum to begin with.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dale said:
Say what you want about the Eagles but they have a great front office. I really like the fact they are taking this stand against Terrell Owens. It's nice to see a team not get pushed around by a star player.

The Eagles have one of the most sensible and practical front offices in the league.

It hurt to say that, but it is true.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
if the eagle front office was so good, they wouldve never signed the bum to begin with.

Not so.

They wanted a dynamic player to put them over the top and they went and got it.

People are acting like this will tear them apart.

From what I see, they went to three NFC championships without him and one Super Bowl with him. They are still the best in the East until we knock them off.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:

They thought he would be the final missing piece and they could at least keep him in line for a season or two.

As it turned out they came up one game short.

Now it's imploding on them :laugh1:

But I don't fault them for trying - it almost worked - for one year.

1fisher

Reaction score
When asked about Owens leaving camp, his agent Drew Rosenhaus said it was a matter between Owens and Reid. Rosenhaus declined to talk about it further.

:laugh2:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I've been watching ESPN on this and it's too fitting for a douchebag like TO to keep this stuff up. The guy should be happy that he's not in Baltimore ... he has one good year with the Eagles and now he thinks they owe him ... If I were Reid I'd let the douchebag walk ... he's no different than the other 53 guys on the team ... and he should sign autographs just like his teammates ...

If they keep this prima donna then it's only going to hurt their team ... in the meantime, we're making ground - silently.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
The Eagles have supposedly suspended Owens for 10 days for his behavior.

There are two rumors about what happened:

1) TO was given the day off because of his groin injury. He showed up anyway, and worked out with his personal trainer running routes and catching passes. Reid saw him doing this and asked him why he couldn't practice with the team if he was able to run routes. It escalated from there.

2) Some players complained to Reid about Owens not reporting to the autograph tent, while they were required to. Reid brought it up in the meeting, that all players should report to the tent and TO took it personally and objected in the meeting. Reid told him to shut up, and TO said he was a grown man and Reid couldn't talk to him that way. Reid told him to leave.

These are just the rumors. Who knows the real story?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:

1) TO was given the day off because of his groin injury. He showed up anyway, and worked out with his personal trainer running routes and catching passes. Reid saw him doing this and asked him why he couldn't practice with the team if he was able to run routes. It escalated from there.

2) Some players complained to Reid about Owens not reporting to the autograph tent, while they were required to. Reid brought it up in the meeting, that all players should report to the tent and TO took it personally and objected in the meeting. Reid told him to shut up, and TO said he was a grown man and Reid couldn't talk to him that way. Reid told him to leave.

He better be careful Reid might eat him :laugh1:

followthestar

Reaction score
i won't dig it up, but there is a provision in his contract that he signed that states if he misses any of training camp unexcused, the Eagles can terminate his contract and recoup just about all of his future compensation. it would have cost them only something like 2.5 milllion to have him for last year's super bowl appearance, and all the jerseys he sold, etc. if i were Reid, i would demand he be attended by a team-approved doctor and stay in touch, or declare his absence unexcused and cut the sob... and wash my hands of it and walk away. no other team has the cap space or desire to have this cancer on their team. TO is digging his own grave, how stupid...

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:

thats what I heard from Sal P.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Alexander said:
The Eagles have one of the most sensible and practical front offices in the league.

It hurt to say that, but it is true.

as the previous poster said, apparently they dont

Owens is a cancer...he is a punk...he is a disrupter...he didnt honor his own agreement...he cried and whined his way to undo a legit trade elsewhere

and the thing is, he's always been this way...the Eagles were stupid to bring him in...they got almost one yr out of him but got to the super bowl w/o him anyway...now they are stuck with the punk

David

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Here is something to think about ....

If it acts like a douchebag ... and it smells like a douchebag ... chances are, it's probably a douchebag ...

Dye

Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
Maybe, he is ging to atlant to have his groin looked at.........................

to atlanta? who's going to check his groin - michael vick??? :lmao:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I wonder if Baltimore still wants him. Shipping him to SD might make sense.

joseephuss

Reaction score
bbgun said:
I wonder if Baltimore still wants him. Shipping him to SD might make sense.

San Diego can't get Antonio Gates signed. It would be difficult to get T.O. signed.