News: ESPN: Even if Jerry Jones won't say it, Jason Garrett likely on hot seat in 2018

cern

Reaction score
True Coach. And sadder to me is that in order to stay a fan of this organization, we have to accept some of the crazy dysfunction that our 75 year old owner/GM tried to make seem acceptable.

I accept that this is the way things are. But I will never accept that this is either good nor a reasonable path to NFL success.
in truth, bob, the team's failures affect jerry as much as the fans. the difference is jerry won't admit it. he's not so dumb that he doesn't know his ridiculous antics often make the cowboys look ridiculous. but he is just so filled with hubris he will never admit he's the problem. I actually enjoyed the way he got his butt handed to him during his fight with goodell over the new contract and the way many owners slapped him in the face over his ridiculous bluff to sue the league. the mighty have fallen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if the eagles win the SB that seat is going to get hotter regardless of what JJ says publically..in private I'm sure he very irritated they even made it give n they had foles etc and our biggest issues were injuries and suspensions that we couldn't overcome and a 2nd year HC did ..i know it burns my buns they did..that stuff he said on the new is public fluff..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was going to sat Garrett Sucks!!!! But, i will control myself and not say it.
he really doesn't suck, I'm not trying to defend him as i feel he should be replaced , the entire staff, however if you look at his record of late regular season last 4 years(39-25, 2 playoff appearences and that's with some major league real excuses with Romo out in 15 and 2017 too many injuries and suspensions to list) hes winning quite few games.. just no deep playoff runs..so id say he a very average HC but in no way does he suck, he just doesn't seem to be able to overcome stars being out of the lineup..we just need a more creative coaching staff on whole to go with this very young and in need of direction..so if its a now league the last 4 years shows he doesn't suck and really this teams arrow is UP right now..need an example chip Kelly and ben macadoo in our own division kinda sucked ,although we were a big part of that

Mad_max

Reaction score
he should be.
the failure to make adjustments in the atlanta game and weak goal-line sequence vs seattle for no other reason.
Ive said before...I have no reason to think the players dont respect him...Im sure they do...but they DO NOT FEAR HIM.

The Atlanta game brings up a game that Troy Aikman was getting killed by the pass rush. He went to the sideline and screamed at the offensive line. He then went to a coach and complained to him. It was Barry Switzer treat them like men attitude that was getting Troy killed. You could tell by the video that nobody cared if Troy got pushed into the carpet every play. Remind you of another game and coach?

Proximo

Reaction score
There are lots of fans and media who would like to believe that JG is on the hot seat....but, he isn't.

Even if 2018 does see JG get canned, it won't remotely be because he was on the hot seat. It will be because we imploded in disastrous fashion and Jerry's hand was forced.

Completely different than being on the hot seat entering the season. The Joneses truly believe in JG. He's not on the hot seat.

We'll probably have a "bounce back" season in 2018 anyway.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry should just buy the best OC and DC that money can buy and then Jason can do what he does best. Stand on the sidelines clapping and butt slapping while trying not to screw up TO's and challenges..

sheesh it's pretty simple, then Jerry and Jason can be hailed as the best ever.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You can believe what you want but there's no way fans would handle 6 losing seasons.
I couldn't care less what excuse you want to use. The expansion wouldn't be a good enough excuse today.
What are you talking about? We've been "losing" for over 20 years.
The brief respites of a successful RS have been few and far between and ZERO playoff success and yet, here we are, as fans.
You can find 6 years of losing hard to believe, but you're here, just like the rest of us after more than 2 decades.

dallasdave

Reaction score
What are you talking about? We've been "losing" for over 20 years.
The brief respites of a successful RS have been few and far between and ZERO playoff success and yet, here we are, as fans.
You can find 6 years of losing hard to believe, but you're here, just like the rest of us after more than 2 decades.
2 decades of nothing :oops:

kevm3

Reaction score
Philly has already rebuilt from a team that Chip Kelly destroyed and are possibly going to win a championship. Meanwhile, in year 8, we're hoping that we get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs if we even make it at all.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Philly has already rebuilt from a team that Chip Kelly destroyed and are possibly going to win a championship. Meanwhile, in year 8, we're hoping that we get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs if we even make it at all.
Makes your panties just chafe, no?
I know they feel so smug, at this moment, and they deserve it.

And here we are... 20 something years later and still waiting for anything. ANYTHING!

Unless you were a fan that got fed up after 6 years... You spared yourself. Right @Streetwise ?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Unless you were a fan that got fed up after 6 years... You spared yourself. Right @Streetwise ?[/QUOTE]
You don't even get that you don't get it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Half of the media and fans alike...will not pass by yet another fruitless season with all that already is in the bank, and just can't be spent correctly.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you want me to do my thing or should we just skip to the end and say we're both Cowboys fans?
LOL! Your choice H-man. I’m fine either way. A good challenge is good for me. It’s good to see your opinions again brother.