Few thoughts about Lance vs Dak

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
OMG. we are now resorting to 3rd grade logic. if you didn't understand what he meant, then I guess I have to buy you a football for dummies book. IM me your address. the book is on me.

the quality of offensive play in those games were below average. end of story.
No they were not. They went according to the game plan. Which was nicely drawn out and worked great with Coopers limited abilities. In that context he won those games just as much as Dak did his. It's absolutely ridiculous to put one thing on the defense and the other on the QB. In the end the machine has to work as a whole with the QB as the most important piece. If Coop played one game it could have been pure luck, but 5 wins over two seasons against not too shabby opponents tell a different story.

Nobody's saying he's better than Dak or should start instead of him (okay forget about the two nutjobs here) but give credit where it's due.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for that info, I haven't followed baseball as closely as I used to. Do the best pitchers not win the most games any longer?
Pitchers don't win games, and pitcher wins has always been a meaningless stat. Sometimes the best pitchers accumulate lots of pitcher wins, sometimes not-all-that-good pitchers do, sometimes great pitchers have terrible records. It's even more meaningless now that pitchers don't go as deep into games anymore.

Steve007

Reaction score
Lance vs Prescott?? Apples and oranges for sure. One was a bust at SF that could not win the third string QB job. The other is a legitimate starter for a good NFL team. Both are a long way from being elite. They both have potential and opportunity but ....
We don't know what we have with Lance. I keep hearing how he couldn't beat out purdy or darnold. Everyone thinks purdy is the guy but, he hasn't played enought games to know. Remeber your talking about the judgement of the team who traded 3 first and a 3rd for a forth round pick. SF recent history with QB's arent good.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
if Lance ever progresses enough to crack a starting lineup, then let's discuss. Until then, we have a couple years to discuss things that matter.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
if Lance ever progresses enough to crack a starting lineup, then let's discuss. Until then, we have a couple years to discuss things that matter.

Right! I'm only pissed that I lost the DirectTV deal and now I'm not sure where I can watch each and every game like I was used to. So, I guess I will only be able to watch them play when they are on my local channels.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Right! I'm only pissed that I lost the DirectTV deal and now I'm not sure where I can watch each and every game like I was used to. So, I guess I will only be able to watch them play when they are on my local channels.
luckily most Cowboys games are televised, as for whatever reason (Gil, Tom, and yes even Jerry?) they are the most popular team in sports.

On that rare occasion it is not nationally televised, do this:

1. get AdBlock for Chrome, then:
2. find a streaming site, and watch! (#1 above keeps "crappy stuff" from invading your system)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
luckily most Cowboys games are televised, as for whatever reason (Gil, Tom, and yes even Jerry?) they are the most popular team in sports.

On that rare occasion it is not nationally televised, do this:

1. get AdBlock for Chrome, then:
2. find a streaming site, and watch! (#1 above keeps "crappy stuff" from invading your system)

I have ADBlock and I use Chrome, but I'm stupid as far is finding a streaming site? I don't know what the means?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No they were not. They went according to the game plan. Which was nicely drawn out and worked great with Coopers limited abilities. In that context he won those games just as much as Dak did his. It's absolutely ridiculous to put one thing on the defense and the other on the QB. In the end the machine has to work as a whole with the QB as the most important piece. If Coop played one game it could have been pure luck, but 5 wins over two seasons against not too shabby opponents tell a different story.

Nobody's saying he's better than Dak or should start instead of him (okay forget about the two nutjobs here) but give credit where it's due.
I don't deny the game plan, in fact the opposite. but by the same token one has to look at the game plan and see if its sustainable for a season. as games went on, Cooper's limitations became obvious and defenses picked up on it and the game plan wasn't working. Against the rams, being extremely lucky with defense scoring to give us a big boost in winning. against the eagles it came apart. Kudos to the coaching staff for their game planning to get us through. kudos to the defense.

and facts say, teams that rank bottom 3rd of the league in offense, don't make it to the playoffs. that's what we had. short term success. I take it. long term success wasn't sustainable. now, if we had a defense build like the Ravens that could sustain that level of play for a season. hey, keep coop in there and lets keep winning. but it was obvious we do not have that level of defense.

I am not taking away credit from Cooper. there isn't much credit to give. but I give a lot of credit to others who had a bigger hand in those wins than Cooper.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I have ADBlock and I use Chrome, but I'm stupid as far is finding a streaming site? I don't know what the means?
I'll try to direct message you somehow. About to go eat, but when I get back.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I don’t think Lance is close to unseating Dak as the Cowboys starting QB but I do think in a couple years Lance will be able to develop into a player that gets Dak like results for a fraction of the cost.

We’ve seen guys like Andy Dalton have a higher win % in Dallas as our starter and Cooper Rush be 5-1.

I think the Cowboys have Micah’s contract looming plus having to pay Dak elite QB money again and having nothing at all to show for it may cause them to just part ways if Prescott doesn’t have playoff success in the next couple of seasons.
Completely agree with everything. But for the sake of this board and its members, let's hope that the statement 'having nothing to show for it' is false when the time comes to reevaluate Dak's recent performance history....if you nomsayin'. :flagwave:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Was Rush playing the Niners D without Pollard on the road in the playoffs? Ahhhh.........Nope!

And what happened to your hero when he played a real defense like the Eagles? 3 picks.............yep, thanks. :flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::dance::oldcouple::oldcouple:
so Rush is now on the same level as dak. lmao...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't deny the game plan, in fact the opposite. but by the same token one has to look at the game plan and see if its sustainable for a season. as games went on, Cooper's limitations became obvious and defenses picked up on it and the game plan wasn't working. Against the rams, being extremely lucky with defense scoring to give us a big boost in winning. against the eagles it came apart. Kudos to the coaching staff for their game planning to get us through. kudos to the defense.

and facts say, teams that rank bottom 3rd of the league in offense, don't make it to the playoffs. that's what we had. short term success. I take it. long term success wasn't sustainable. now, if we had a defense build like the Ravens that could sustain that level of play for a season. hey, keep coop in there and lets keep winning. but it was obvious we do not have that level of defense.

I am not taking away credit from Cooper. there isn't much credit to give. but I give a lot of credit to others who had a bigger hand in those wins than Cooper.
You can not support our cowboy Cooper rush if you want. It's hypocrisy....but your right to fan how you want while you lecture others about supporting Dak.

But fact is...you had zero confidence we'd win any games with coop and wanted to tank the season.
Fact is....coop exceeded expectations....and played well enough to not harm our defense while allowing Dak to heal.

Go ahead and poo on that, if it protects Dak.
I say try to be more generous with the credit if you are a real cowboys fan.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
We don't know what we have with Lance. I keep hearing how he couldn't beat out purdy or darnold. Everyone thinks purdy is the guy but, he hasn't played enought games to know. Remeber your talking about the judgement of the team who traded 3 first and a 3rd for a forth round pick. SF recent history with QB's arent good.
You wrote: "Remeber your talking about the judgement of the team who traded 3 first and a 3rd for a forth round pick."
Exactly. They paid a bunch to draft Lance. If he had shown anything I doubt the 49ers would have hung on to him longer. That leads me to believe that the guy is not much of a prospect at this point.

Shane612

Reaction score
so do you think Herbert is better than Mahomes? he just signed his contract? do you think Watson is better than Mahomes, he signed a contract after Mahomes? is Jalen Hurts better than Mahomes? he signed his contract recently.

clearly you have no idea of how NFL market works. that's ok. you have an agenda to drive. then drive it.
What does that got to do with anything?
If don't want to address what I said, don't.
No need to have a hissy-fit like a little girl.
Geez-Luise...
:laugh: