From the Iggs newspaper today. They think we are running Zeke into the ground and they love it

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yes, but would Cowboys fans be happy with 800 yard seasons from Zeke during his larger contract years? Look, this is just basic football stuff. I would say the same if it were an Eagles RB we were discussing. I'd be reluctant for them to spend a lot on the position for an older player. It may sound harsh, but for running backs it is often out with the old and in with the new.

lol 800 yards a season? Now you're just pulling **** outta your ***. See ya

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Demarco Murray was mentioned. That is what his current pace is this year.

Demarco is 8 years older... He was often injured in Dallas, but he was still productive. He is still productive now. You need to look at the history of Demarco. Zeke hasn't suffered major injuries. Zeke will be what 24,25 when he is ready for his next contract which is still YOUNGER than Murray was when he went for his big contract. He also proved it's all about how you use a player. See his "year" in Philly...

gmoney112

Reaction score
Demarco Murray was mentioned. That is what his current pace is this year.

Murray is 29 and averaging 4.6 yards a carry. He isn't getting as many carries because the Titans defense has been weak.

He was 28 last year and nearly got 1300 yards at 4.4 a clip.

Talented backs that aren't 1 trick ponies can definitely produce until they're 30. You don't really want to sign a RB in his late 20's to a long term deal, but Zeke will be fine for a second contract.

kumizi

Reaction score
Who says it will be declining? Not a single person can say that indefinitely.
Lol

Let’s cite two of the greatest in the history of the game as evidence of how a front office should conduct business. No one can say anything with 100% certainty. We’re talking about the likely outcome. The likely outcome is that the elite pash rusher and corner can be good for a dozen years while the running back getting 30 touches a games will be toast after five to six.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I've been wondering where you've been, haven't seen you around much lately, :thumbup:
I've been lurking more and posting less. Part of it is being busy with work. Part of it taking up a new hobby (golf). Part of it is I temporarily quit drinking and I would often peruse this place while enjoying a glass of scotch - which probably explains much of what I have written in the past.

Probably the biggest reason is I've been routinely disappointed on Sundays and it's soured me on all things football.

Appreciate the thought that my drivel might have been even slightly missed (or at least noticed).

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Lol

Let’s cite two of the greatest in the history of the game as evidence of how a front office should conduct business. No one can say anything with 100% certainty. We’re talking about the likely outcome. The likely outcome is that the elite pash rusher and corner can be good for a dozen years while the running back getting 30 touches a games will be toast after five to six.

Boy the point is missed on you, but I am not surprised by that.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Murray is 29 and averaging 4.6 yards a carry. He isn't getting as many carries because the Titans defense has been weak.

He was 28 last year and nearly got 1300 yards at 4.4 a clip.

Talented backs that aren't 1 trick ponies can definitely produce until they're 30. You don't really want to sign a RB in his late 20's to a long term deal, but Zeke will be fine for a second contract.

My point exactly

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I think some are forgetting they have played 4 of their first 6 games on the road. 6 out of the last 10 at home. Just win the home games and they are 11-5. I think that's the low end, 13-3 being the high end. I'd say 12-4 is a good bet.

So they will be 7-1 outside the Cowboys games? Cuz we ain't losin to them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Used up? did you say that about Emmitt? AP seems to be fine... I think labeling someone used up is a bit of a stretch... Bosa could be a total bust or suffer a major injury that will make him a JAG player. Ramsey has the benefit of a solid defense right now. Zeke is working with a new RT, and a new OG. Context is needed here

I bet Zeke will be still running strong by 26 and will get his 2nd contract

I'll break stuff in my house if they use Elliott extensively for 5 years and then hand over a big contract to him. That smells like disaster and would also show that this front office simply doesn't really have a plan at all............. they just wing it as they go.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
There's a lot of truth here, actually. It's why so many think drafting a RB that high is not wise. It's a position where players just wear down too fast. I certainly think 390 touches is a bit high.

That said, he's still very young. He should be able to handle it now.

Not this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
Who says it will be declining? Not a single person can say that indefinitely.

And that's the risk that will have to be addressed. The Cowboys made it clear two years ago that while they thought Murray was a fine player they didn't want to risk having to pay a lot of money to an aging TB when their own analysis suggested RBs decline.

If his team loads 1500+ carries on Elliott in 5 years, I run as fast as I can from handing him a huge, multi-year deal, no matter how productive he might still be. I could be persuaded to tag him though for two years.

Last edited:

Proximo

Reaction score
Dude was pretending to be a Boys fan till I called him on it and he didn't know who Rowdy was. He was here last October too. Then the Eagles had to Eagle and he went ghost. Before that he was blessing the board with tales of the impending dominance of the Chip Kelly Eagles.

I glanced at that clown's posting history and LOL.

No exaggeration- his posting habits are exactly what you'd expect from an Eagles super fan.

He posted like a maniac following the Thanksgiving game of 2014 (best moment in years for an Eagles fan, lol), but then vanished like a fart in the wind when they crumbled in December and Dallas went on a win streak.

That familiar odor then reappeared last season when things were going well in Philly, but vanished again in October, lol.

And surprise surprise here we are again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only thing that I think Cowboys fans should disagree with is the suspension part. If Zeke truly is innocent (unknown really), then hell yes he should fight it all they way. It's a terrible thing to be accused of something you didn't do.

But the part of beating a RB into the ground too early isn't a concept that Kempski invented. RBs have the shortest career span in the NFL. It's not a shock that many agree with that part.
But its silly. Marion Barber was done in this career by a little after his mid 20's......running backs don't wear down because of the amount of carries they get.....they wear down because they age.....so why not give him the carries now while he's still young?

There isn't a shred of doubt in my mind that if Prescott had the exact same stat line as Wentz right now many of us would be talking about what a great sophomore season he is having.

Shoot, Prescott's stats are pretty close to Wentz's now and people are talking about how good Prescott has played, especially recently.

Let's call a spade a spade here. Wentz is playing very well and he's trending to be a really good QB.

If Wentz and Dak's stats are close its because Wentz has played one more game than him.

I've watched the Eagles play this year.........Wentz has looked good. Not taking anything away from him. I just don't know if I'd consider his play "incredible". I'm more impressed with how well his offensive line and defensive line have played than I am with him. But props to him......to finally getting where Dak has already been lol.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I glanced at that clown's posting history and LOL.

No exaggeration- his posting habits are exactly what you'd expect from an Eagles super fan.

He posted like a maniac following the Thanksgiving game of 2014 (best moment in years for an Eagles fan, lol), but then vanished like a fart in the wind when they crumbled in December and Dallas went on a win streak.

That familiar odor then reappeared last season when things were going well in Philly, but vanished again in October, lol.

And surprise surprise here we are again.
Funny part about that was I just noticed him posting a lot of Eagles junk and said something about Rowdy and he didn't know who he was. Hoisted on his own petard.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Based on what? A feeling? They have had a relatively easy schedule thus far. That is the only thing I could see. I would expect their young QB to get better and more accustomed to his new receivers as he goes forward. And that run game appears to be improving.
This is exactly why mcmvp is a more refreshing poster. I'd welcome him any day over Roy, who thinks he invented football from his lazy-boy........

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Cowboys.width-704.png

Cowboys (-6) at 49ers
: The Niners are 0-6, but they've lost their last five games by a combined 13 points, and none by more than three points. They've been in almost every game.

Meanwhile, this Zeke Elliott situation is a mess for the Cowboys. He's on pace for 390 touches this year, and he's been ineffective. He's running at a 3.7 yards-per-carry clip, with 122 touches and only 28 first downs. He has clearly put on weight and doesn't look like the same player, even if his offensive line has also predictably regressed to some degree.

If the Cowboys want to run him into the ground while he isn't even playing well, all while simultaneously causing a major distraction, the rest of the NFC East should take joy in watching his suspension get delayed repeatedly.

Had Elliott just been suspended for the Cowboys' first six games, it would already almost be over and they'd probably have the same record. Instead, it is becoming a year-long distraction, and Elliott is likely still going to serve those six games at some point.

I'll still take the Cowboys here, I guess, but I love the value of getting six points, and wouldn't be surprised if the Niners won this game outright.
Ever over state your case, fella?

Now 2 of the games we lost by 3 and 5 points..

only the Denver game was out of control.

A turnover here..

a costly penalty there..

a blown ref call..

that's been the margin of out losses.

and against pretty good teams, also.

We certainly should level out and get better.

who cares about the carries for Zeker..

he's out of shape and needs the work and a Slimfast diet bar or 20.

Things will improve.

They should be playing scared all year.

They were afraid of nobody last year.

Remember.?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I've been lurking more and posting less. Part of it is being busy with work. Part of it taking up a new hobby (golf). Part of it is I temporarily quit drinking and I would often peruse this place while enjoying a glass of scotch - which probably explains much of what I have written in the past.

Probably the biggest reason is I've been routinely disappointed on Sundays and it's soured me on all things football.

Appreciate the thought that my drivel might have been even slightly missed (or at least noticed).
:lmao:
It has,and it's an inspiration to every member of the bent elbow society knowing your temporary abstaining of our ritualistic endeavors were in fact ,of a short term hiatus:thumbup:

( Coach sez' he's took up playing golf,too!,,,:huh:)

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Zeke parties too much to have a long NFL career.

He clearly doesn’t take care of his body like Tomlinson, Peterson, or even Murray.

Maybe I’m wrong, but the writing seems to be on the wall.

Still a hell of a RB.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
:lmao:
It has,and it's an inspiration to every member of the bent elbow society knowing your temporary abstaining of our ritualistic endeavors were in fact ,of a short term hiatus:thumbup:

( Coach sez' he's took up playing golf,too!,,,:huh:)
:thumbup: I'm not going away (sorry folks).

:igglestrophy: Just because this thread needs it.